Scratching

Battle Points: 9
So I haven't scratched records before but I'm learning. Problem is I don't want to buy a full setup. I'm just going to record over my own music. I won't need two tables but I will need a slide switch to cut the audio. I have a mixer but all my channels use knobs instead of slides. Do I just learn to do it with knobs or does anyone know of a table with a built in slide switch for volume?
Or should I record and just cut out what I need? Any advice would be appreciated thanks!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Well for scratching you'll definitely need a mixer of sorts. You could get away with just regular baby scratches over your beat but that's not ideal. Are you looking to buy something?

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Im looking into getting one myself but might be awkward for me since I use my right hand on the record.

Try looking at the Numark PT01 Scratch so you dont need a Raiden Fader

Peace!
With the Raiden Fader you can choose whether you want lefty or righty.

I have a Rane TTM 57SL I'm selling if anyone is interested.

Battle Points: 9
Well unless you just get a turntable and mixer setup. Or go for a controller like Traktor for example. What's your budget?
Around $150. I think im going to try to midi control the audio coming from the turntable. I have some sliders on my midi controller. Ill let yall know how it works out.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
sure, if you pay for shipping