Seeking Music Production software recommendations!

Hi!

I've been recording on ProTools for 16 years. It works great for me. And for many years I used FL studio to make beats and sequence music--often which I then loaded into ProTools for overdubs, mixing, etc.

I am seeking some new music production software for MAC to make beats, sequence songs, manipulate sounds, etc.

I've often thought that Ableton Live would be that software--but I wanted to take some opinions before making the plunge. I'm not SUPER tech savvy, so I want something that is artist friendly and doesn't require a computer degree.

Artists that I'm really enjoying currently --> Bon Iver, James Blake, Frank Ocean, Kanye West, Panda Bear/Animal Collective, etc. Anyone know what types of software those artists/producers use?

I appreciate your recommendations and suggestions very much! Thank you...

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
J

JakeCol

Yeah I use Ableton Live to Produce all of my beats and I love it. Ableton has session view and arrangment view which really helps for constructing your beats and makes things simpler. Ableton does get some time to learn and get use to though. But its an awesome program and I love it.
Jake,

https://soundcloud.com/jake1598

Hey--Thanks for the input thus far!

I'm currently leaning towards Ableton Live but also considering Presonus Studio One and Reason.

Any other insight very much appreciated...Thanks!

members online