Selling records, yes or no?

drex

superpimp trillionaire
Battle Points: 11
I have a modest little twelve crate collection of classic rock, classical impnstrumental folk blues etc etc...
I have tried importing full albums but not with much success, I think I need a better program than soundforge for recording my phono in...
My question is, should I just hold all my records indefinitely or should I sell them off?
I have a couple hundred dollars worth of vinyl that I'm surewould make some noise at a vinyl meet
Papa needs some brand new kicks, namean?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
If it's an insane amount like 20,000 then ya try selling but otherwise I'd say keep them unless you need the coin. You can make some good money off of those depending on what you have and if you have the time to sell them properly.

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
Over the past few months I've given away a few hundred records and sold about 200. I didn't make a lot of money, but I didn't want to deal with pushy collectors, so I sold them to a record shop for probably about 1/4 of the value. I don't regret it at all. My collection is much smaller now, although there's still some shit to get rid of at some point. If records haven't been played in a few years, I get rid of them. No point to keep em.

MRP

Battle Points: 2
I'm keeping all of my vinyl for as long as I have the space to do so, I just love the format plus I still use vinyl when I play out.

Krazyfingaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
like some said, if theyre just sitting sell them but try to import as many as you can. Try Audacity, it works pretty well from my experience.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I remember you being in Orlando, if that's still true and you want to get rid of them for a decent price.....PM me and we can talk.

members online