Selling your Beats

K.O.

Watch out 4 the KnockOut
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Thanks BIGD I spoke to the artist again and from what he's saying he's going to be distributed under an organization called greensleeves records. I have herd of them and they are big in the reggae industry. So its going to be a legit album. I need to now know what type of contract i would write up or go from in this scenereo being that its going to be a legit album. and if i need to do more than just copyright my beats like register them to be tracked with ascap or whatever. or what i should do first register or write up a contract. This is like a first come first serve thing with this artist so i have to act on it or he's gonna go to someone else for the beats. Any other tips on the matter? anyone?

also BIGD send me the info about the outing being held in NY to my email KrazyKodak@aol.com thanks

C

CooGi_dice

yo bigd could you also send me some info on the confrence being held in nyc... ima pm you my email info.

KENWOP

BROOKLYN'S FINEST
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 27
word big d holla at me about those confrences if you can im in ny thanks i'll pm my info peace

dj ShorTbuS

Cold Get Retarded
ill o.g.
i have never sold one of my beats before and im not really sure how i should handle this. i was approached by a couple guys at an open mic who said they would pay me $50 a beat. they jusst did a show with The Crest which is kind of a known underground act around here. they also told me they have a show coming up with Idea from the Rhymesayers crew up in Minnesota and that their album is gonna be distributed by universal. its all pretty legit.

now, i dont have anything copyrighted or any contracts to write up or for that matter even know how to write one up. since this would be my first exposure should i just give them the beats for $50 a piece and get my name out there or should i draw up some kind of contract?

i'd really like some advice from the illmuzik fam on this one. peace.

K.O.

Watch out 4 the KnockOut
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
dj short were in the same situation right now....im guessing that no one on here really knows the answer tho cause ive been tryna get it out of em for a min hommie.....someone will come along tho....bad thing about me is im meeting wit a guy tomorrow to discuss what were gonna do as far as me producing 4 tracks on his album and i dont know what to say to him as far as contracts so i might miss out on the chance to be blessed with the opportunity to be a producer on an album thats really going to be distributed in stores and on 4 tracks at that!

DJFANTOM

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Hey big d. Im in nyc can you send me the info also .djfantom@tmail.com thanks.

Yo k.o. Check out. www.Rapcointelpro.com dats wend days site. Im sure uve heard of her. You might be able to find some answers there.

On a side note. K.o. You saw the news this morn 2/7/04 about the 3 people got shot at the lebanon lodge (107 and guy brewer) . Damn.

voorheezMP

M.ilitia P.roductions
ill o.g.
AyO BIGD send me that info to for tha one in NYC and MD i need to hit one of them. voorheez@tmail.com ..........Whuddup Fantom

O

onetildawn

I've never sold a beat and I don't care If I do If any money where to come of something that I love doing in the first place, that would be dope, but I could give two shit's If I ever didn't.

I sell beats from time to time, anywhere from $200 to $500- it just depends on what I feel the beat is worth... but out here in Cali, fools be trying to get by on the $25 a beat shit- that's not even worth me turning on my sampler for that...

that sounds pretty silly, sorta like the chicken before the egg ,as in which came first , if you never made any money before you bought the sampler then how did you make beats in the first place? and why would that stop you from making beats now?

there is a Kind of attitude that is rampant in the hip hop community, so many heads what to buy beats so many guys are willing to become cookie cutters. What happened to music for musics' sake?

C

CooGi_dice

"What happened to music for musics' sake?"
ha ha ha... i feal u.
thats when you do it as a hobbie, once money becomes involved evrything changes, no matter what you think or wanna think.

da_rippa

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i lease my beats to ppl dat im tryna make it big wit but at da same time ishop my beats. im tryin fo 50 per beat

members online