Sennheiser HD280 Pro or BeyerDynamic DT 990 Pro

I would go with the Sennheirser based on looks alone but they both look solid.
was going to get the sonys, but too many people said about the pads falling apart, also saw mentioned a spike in the high end.
Have you been able to try any of them out?
No, if I had I wouldnt have asked. Been doing some online research, and the noise cancelling on the HD's is whats making up my mind. Im going to go ahead and get them.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yeah the pads are shit but the replacements I got are dope. A spike in the high end? Maybe some audio geeks mentioned that?

Yeah the pads are shit but the replacements I got are dope. A spike in the high end? Maybe some audio geeks mentioned that?
yeah, or it could have just been someone that doesnt know what they are talking about. Its hard researching things like this and going by opinions. Should have just went to the audio shop and tried them, but I want them yesterday and dont have the patience. I ordered the HD280 pro mk2's, they will be here tomorrow

Re: MDR 7506
I read a few comments where the pads were swapped out for audio technica ones.
Another complaint was the cord hahahaha

Last edited:

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Re: MDR 7506
I read a few comments where the pads were swapped out for audio technica ones.
Another complaint was the cord hahahaha
The cord?? Man, people are picky. Well, as I've mentioned in the past my first pair lasted 20 years so there's that... And I beat the shit out of them at home and at DJ gigs.