serato or final scratch?

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
im going to get one of these, just want some input from the ill fam. which is better and why!
later,
ELDIA

paradigmshifter

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Native Instruments is now fully going into the DJ field with the new Audio 8 interface and Traktor Scratch, which replaces Final Scratch (done w/ Stanton)... I recommend Native Instruments products. With Traktor Scratch you can upgrade the software to Traktor 3 DJ Studio Pro, I use it and highly recommend it as one of the best digital Dj'ing programs...
Then again, I've never used Serato but I've heard good things about it from friends... regardless, I would go with Native Instruments as the stronger developer...
Peace.

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
Eldiablo, are you planning on using it for live gigs, home/studio, or both?

both, but my main interest is the production end. i want the feel of vinyl, i know some digital shits usually feel a little quirky. i want my scratches and freaks to sound good slow or fast. i was in the past thinking about getting a dub plate cutter, but has technology made it able for me not to go this route, (i hope so, cuz them shits is so expensive)?

i heard final scratch has a recording function, does serato. and also how are the playlists categorized, by name or tempo etc.?

thanks,
ELDIA

paradigmshifter

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Native Inst. is the way to go...

i heard final scratch has a recording function, does serato. and also how are the playlists categorized, by name or tempo etc.?

The software w/ final scratch (TRAKTOR) gives you real-time recording of your sessions, the collection (library) can be sorted by Artist, track name, tempo, genre, etc... a if a live internet connection is available, you can connect to beatport.com and download music directly to your session on-demand... it's really nice...

Once again, I don't talk about Serato cuz I've never used it...

Peace...

Symphonic

Custom User Title
ill o.g.
DjDecks.be that's for shure!!!!!!!!!!!

Works will all the records, you only need to order like final scratch records and need to have a good soundcard (asio) and phono amp's are optional but will improve the performance.

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
DjDecks.be that's for shure!!!!!!!!!!!

Works will all the records, you only need to order like final scratch records and need to have a good soundcard (asio) and phono amp's are optional but will improve the performance.

damn this shits is almost free, im definitely trying this out. all i need to buy is some final scratch records and some phono pre's... does anyone know if these ones are any good.....................>http://cgi.ebay.com/PYLE-PRO-PP-999...oryZ1288QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

thanks alot,
ELDIA

I use Serato so can only speak for that. But Im more than impressed by it. It keeps up with me however fast I scratch. It really does feel just like the real thing. I use Soundforge to record as I scratch, recording the line in only. The only problem with both Serato and Final Scratch is that you cant mark up your vinyls with markers as the markers change for every track. But its a small obstacle as you can just watch the waveforms on the screen instead, this also makes scratching a lot easier.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
I use Serato so can only speak for that. But Im more than impressed by it. It keeps up with me however fast I scratch. It really does feel just like the real thing. I use Soundforge to record as I scratch, recording the line in only. The only problem with both Serato and Final Scratch is that you cant mark up your vinyls with markers as the markers change for every track. But its a small obstacle as you can just watch the waveforms on the screen instead, this also makes scratching a lot easier.

Use a small bit of tape, like painters tape or something that you can pull off and replace. ;)

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
one of my friends let me borrow his finalscratch 2.0 but didnt give me the serial Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. he said he would sell me the bundle for $250 is this a good deal?

and i just got the phone pre amps so i can test out the adion djdecks!!

T

The Bastard

more people use serato, but final scratch is the o.g. program that started it.i never used final scratch . either way. if u can get the serato bundle for 250 . take the opportunity. great deal.

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
more people use serato, but final scratch is the o.g. program that started it.i never used final scratch . either way. if u can get the serato bundle for 250 . take the opportunity. great deal.

actually it was the final scratch bundle for $250.

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
i dont know yet, dude didnt give me the damn serial. ive been looking for it online and i cant find it. ive also got adion djdecks, and a phono pre im gonna check out. if the djdecks is about the same as final scratch im going to go with the djdecks so i can save some $$$$. if i dont end up getting the final scratch i would let someone on here get it for $250.

Symphonic

Custom User Title
ill o.g.

Isn't serato drifting with chirps etc? Because if i chirpscratch on djdecks/finalscratch records the starting point of the sample slide's away, it's very little diffrence but enough to fuck up your chirp.

members online