Services for sharing your beats

dbit

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I'd like to hear peoples suggestions for the best services to use for sharing beats. I've seen some people use myspace, but I heard that they gain some rights over your tunes that way, can anyone clarify? Also people complain about the sound quality. I've seen people using file sharing services like rapid share, also places like producers showcase.

I'd like to know which of these services are free, peoples favorites, and retain no rights over the material shared by users.

Any information is much appreciated.

Quality

Godson of the Clapper
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 19
www.soundclick.com is a pretty good free way to showcase and host your music, many producers use it. It actually can be a good way to compile you're music.

Also you could showcase your beats right here on illmuzik by signing up on the producers page.

Or you could just create your own website...which obviously takes time and creativity...but many producers on here have dope sites...some even will create a site for you for a fee (see fade)...

dbit

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Cool, thanks for the help guys! I do have my own web host but when I host mp3's people complain that the server is too slow. When I'm posting beats in a showcase I always get a couple people saying that can't listen to them. My host is a friend, and he has his servers at a secure data center, but he experiments on them too much.

I'll check into soundclick today. Thanks again!

dbit

dbit

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I noticed the following clause in the Soundclick agreement:

1. License Grant. You hereby grant to us, and by the act of delivering Standard Program Material to us grant to us, a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to: (a) reproduce, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display and digitally perform the Standard Program Material in whole or in part (including the right to create compilations which include your songs); (b) create and use samples of the Standard Program Material solely for the purpose of demonstrating or promoting our or your products or services; (c) use any trademarks, service marks or trade names incorporated in the Standard Program Material in connection with your material; and (d) use the name and likeness of any individuals represented in the Standard Program Material only in connection with your material.

Couldn't this be a problem if you sign a song and soundclick is out there selling cd's with the same piece of music, or marketing on your singles success without involvement from the label?

Anyone?

dbit

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Thanks for checking that out for me. I think the problem is that the server is ran by a friend and he's always experimenting on it so it has slow nights when he's testing something.