Shifting ticks

hanayalator

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 11
Hey,
I was wondering if anyone knows how to shift ticks in fl studio (like moving beats a very small amount). I've checked out some vids and did a search here but couldn't find anything. Thanks.

H

T

The Arkitekt

what? I could probly help you out, idk what your talking bout tho

P.Noccio

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
you can change the amount of swing in the upper right corner of the sequencer.. you can also do it manually or not every note by just changing the snap/magnet to smaller steps or beats, or turn it off, and then drag the notes u want..

hanayalator

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 11
Ya I know where the swing is, but that's not what I'm talking about. What I'm talking about is usually called a 'tick' or a 'clock' in most drum machines and samplers. It's basically a really small amount of time, like 1/96 of a beat (it depends on how each drum machine calculates time). I want to shift some beats forward or backward in time, but by a really small amount. I knew how do it on the old groovebox that I was using, but I can't seem to find anything in FL yet. Thanks for the help.

H

T

The Arkitekt

like the ppq? go into the piano roll, hit the "4" key, it will zoom in on the resolution, then you can move notes/hits over by very small amounts

Schizo-Manic

b33lz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
go to FUNC under channel settings at the bottom left there is a box labeled 'time' move the knob called 'OFS' clockwise...

diskrete

Roving Beat Maker
ill o.g.
or u could be talkin about this:

adjusting the main snap/quantization/step edit step

Attachments

• untitled2.jpg
    untitled2.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 192