Shopping at the local music store and...

M!nd_Ctrl

Posted Up
ill o.g.
I found two IllMuzik peeps represented. That's right Hoppa and Mercury Waters on Hoppa's album. I just had to buy the album at that point and so far I like what I hear.

I was at Backside Records in Burbank, CA by the way.

Anyone else here putting their CDs out in stores?

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
It was a nicely packaged homemade cd mike, but it was a good deal, proce-wise, and the cd's dope so its worht tha buy regardless......Im assuming u copped Hoppas LP?.......Thats the one that he putout a while ago that had Merc on it on like 2 or more tracks........The cd is dope, anybody else out there sleepin on Hoppa and YAC Crew best peep that shit out!:)

Im not gonna fix the speeling in this post, cuz im too lazy right now, but im sure yall can decipher what i was sayin?!>..lol..........Sorry, i had a few glasses a Shiraz....MMmmmmm - Shiraaazzz......

M

MIKELABZ

DueceMade Ent. said:
It was a nicely packaged homemade cd mike, but it was a good deal, proce-wise, and the cd's dope so its worht tha buy regardless......Im assuming u copped Hoppas LP?.......Thats the one that he putout a while ago that had Merc on it on like 2 or more tracks........The cd is dope, anybody else out there sleepin on Hoppa and YAC Crew best peep that shit out!:)

Im not gonna fix the speeling in this post, cuz im too lazy right now, but im sure yall can decipher what i was sayin?!>..lol..........Sorry, i had a few glasses a Shiraz....MMmmmmm - Shiraaazzz......

if i was out cali im sure i woulda heard more about hoppa, but out east he and his crew really aint hittin from what i see... and thats not saying much since the only cd's i actually listen to are my own.. so i hardly go to the record stores that much unless its to drop off my own bundle of cd's...

chewbux

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
thats real tight...glad to see people are getting there shit out there. did the cd's reach the shop through a label, i know hoppa started his own label, but im just curious as how to go about getting a cd into stores for sale..? that would be my next step..p

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
ummm well considering hoppa is from southern california, san fernando specifically, he would be considered a "local artist" at this stage in his career, so wouldnt really be known outside of his area of promotion. the guy has his own label and, to my understanding, a small distribution deal. merc is from maryland, i know, but he is a featured artist on hoppas joint..

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Heres what happened to my knowledge:
First hoppa made the Cd, featured some well-known and established underground followers/emcees, and then started pushing the album......
Later, the same record label that the ShapeShifters are on (forgot the name) decided to help push the album cuz they heard it and liked it, so the label later had put a descent amount of disrto on it.....As far as how far that distro went, i dunno man, u otta ask Hopps himself?.............But i kno that the record labels help made it more accessible to outside connections other than jus that central part of So-Cal that he lives in.

I dont think No-one ever said that he went WorldWide or whatever?
I personally commend him on simply putting together a great album and having enough dap to have a record label approach him instead of the other way around....Thats props right there in my opinion.

STEEZ