Should I Get a Turntable or a Keyboard

thaprecepta

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Hey whts up. I'm gonna be spendin 200 dollars on music this month and i was debating on which one to get - a keyboard or a turntable. I have reason and recycle so getting a keyboard would be nice so I could play keys. However I'm infatuated with beat digging and can't get enough of those youtube videos and am pretty much set on getting a turntable instead. Which would you choose (i'm using bome's mouse keyboard to emulate a keyboard using my pc's keyboard). Thanks

thaprecepta

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
k sweet and i figured out i can get the keyboard and an mpd for 200 so after a lil more input im gonna make my decision .. thanks for the advice dreampolice

woohff

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Keys first and then turntable. If you just sample, you'll only need some cheap ass turntable to get started tho. Cheap midikeyboard + cheap used turntable would do it if you're a starter and not sure if you have the ambition for making beats.

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Get a Oxygen 8 keyboard. I love mine. (No Pee Wee Herman)

Hi-Lo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
like mr. no reason famously said..."u gotta touch them keys" the turntable can wait, especialy if u got reason.

TheDeen

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Umm... what are you going to do, soundwise, with just two MIDI controllers and nothing to control with them?

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
he's gonna have to cop a MIDI->USB device. I fucks wit the m audio midisport uno

but like he said he has reason and recycle, u pretty much NEED a keyboard to use reason effectively

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
i tried that shit on my friends computer cuz he aint have a keyboard... and coming from usin a synthesizer ... that shit was wack

members online