should i get this ..... or that?

Sincock

Fucking Wankers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
Devil's advocate says:

Wouldn't you be better off buying individual components that you want rather than a package like these?

NobleWordz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Is PT compatible with your Computer? it doesn't like some chip sets. So check. Plus the MB2 pre is ass, you'd be better off with the original MB.

I'm not sure either are right. Both come with condenser mics, if your recording rap which can be aggressive at times would suit a dynamic mic. Condensers are way to sensitive, they will pick up a lot of background noise to.

Your are better off doing some research on individual components to make sure you know what your getting is right for you. I guarantee after you buy one of these packages something will have to be replaced because it doesn't fit into with what your doing.

NW

static

static yessir
ill o.g.
Is PT compatible with your Computer? it doesn't like some chip sets. So check. Plus the MB2 pre is ass, you'd be better off with the original MB.

I'm not sure either are right. Both come with condenser mics, if your recording rap which can be aggressive at times would suit a dynamic mic. Condensers are way to sensitive, they will pick up a lot of background noise to.

Your are better off doing some research on individual components to make sure you know what your getting is right for you. I guarantee after you buy one of these packages something will have to be replaced because it doesn't fit into with what your doing.

NW

yeah, im recording rap alot.

whats the PT thing though?

and presonus i had last time(when i had the firbox) that shit was fucking dumb, i thought id might wana give em a second chance.

but the dynamic mics are good for hiphop/rap/r&b?

i have a condensor right now and a m-audio interface.

NobleWordz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yeah, im recording rap alot.

whats the PT thing though?

and presonus i had last time(when i had the firbox) that shit was fucking dumb, i thought id might wana give em a second chance.

but the dynamic mics are good for hiphop/rap/r&b?

i have a condensor right now and a m-audio interface.

PT isn't computable with all computer hardware.

Rap yes but not so much R&B, R&B is a lot softer..

You can too use condensor mics for hiphop!
Thats why they have compressor and gate plugins to remove background noise and you should be making a sound proof booth in your closet anyway by now!
Dynamic mics are more for on stage, in the studio you want a condensor mic.

I never said you couldn't but why use processing when you can fix it right at the source?

Not to sound like a prick but he most probably isn't recording in a studio, like most of us its probably a bedroom with neighbours playing music, g/f bitching, cars outside etc. A condenser will likely pick up all of that.

NW

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Im saying though I have a condensor, and yes its in an apt and I use a tube into a compressor into PT and Im in the closet with foam studio padding and I have yet to have it pick up noticable background noise that is unfixable or that you can hear once the music is added.
Just my experience, ya prick! lol

NobleWordz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Im saying though I have a condensor, and yes its in an apt and I use a tube into a compressor into PT and Im in the closet with foam studio padding and I have yet to have it pick up noticable background noise that is unfixable or that you can hear once the music is added.
Just my experience, ya prick! lol

Fuck you ... nahh just kidding lol.

Yeah that's good but see but every recording environments is different. Part of being a good producer is knowing what Mic fits the artist and the kind of music you make, if I'm recording a rapper first thing I grab is a Dynamic and if it doesn't work try something else. There is no mic that will suit all occasions. But he should be aware that a condenser might not be suitable, that's all I'm trying to get across.

NW

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
^^^^^ u make a good point .. but dynamics need good preamps to sound good .... an sm7 or even a 57 will sound like crap with a bad preamp where a decent condensor can still get a usable sound with a budget preamp... of course there are exceptions to that rule but for the most part a condensor is less preamp dependent than a dynamic... out of those 2 packages i would pick number 2 but its always best to buy individual components if possible

static

static yessir
ill o.g.
I happen to know that static is arich kid in the burbs and wont have to worry about all that noise unless someone is mowing the lawn. lol

AYE!!!

I

^ me

^myself

work for all my money lol.

fuck my mom, she is a bitch.

nah but its christmas time who isint gonna be rich around that time.

but you kno relic cuttin them legal corners n shit. gettin more tax's then he should back and shit dude bought some of the IMVU points,