Should This woman be allowed to die? What do the religious/atheists here think?

• beat this! voting starts in...
Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK T

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
^lol, I was starting to wonder if we're all having the same conversation...
I don't think he understands how our system works.

I think preaching revolution to Americans from another country is funny..
I don't see American's floatin rafts through shark infested waters tryin to get in other countries... We're chillin over here... To the extent that we have a reputation for being lazy... What would you like to see changed with a revolution?

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
agreed, but lets keep this about the schaivo case as much as possible. the bush thing, the "revolution" thing, niether of those are truly pertinent to the conversation at hand, so lets just discuss what is pertinent before it turns into yet another argument about

so... unless you can show us where these arguments are pertinent to terry schaivos life and death, then lets just drop the bush thing, please?

NORTH

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Yea, back to topic.... LET HER DIE! Who the fuck wants to stay in this world when you can't think or communicate with anyone. Fuck that... kill her... I guarantee her soul is begging to be set free! Her parents are just feeding their own source of pain and just don't have the balls to face the truth. It's sick to me how self centered her family is in this whole thing. Not to mention all the medical care that she is receiving, that could be focused on people who NEED it and do have a chance to improve. DAMN.. it's obvious to me... I don't see what all this bullshit is about.

Half kidding on "Kill her"... I do think a lethal injection would be more humane than starvation.

That's my 2 cents.

-NORTH

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
I believe that what a person's family decides to do in this situation should be honored. Although I am an atheist, everyone has their right to believe what they want to survive. Saying that, if this woman's family believes that ending her life is the way to go to best serve her, then so be it. Now, we don't know if this woman is actually brain dead or not so it's hard to say if starvation is actually humane or not. On one hand, if she isn't brain dead, then theoretically she will experience the pain of starving. And from what I have heard and read, starving is very painful. But if she is actually brain dead, then the nervous system will be non-reactive to the effects depending how long she has been brain dead. In situations like this I think it is very dangerous to get politicians and religious leaders involved in this. This could easily blow up into a very controversial issue that will eventually have nothing to do with this unfortunate woman, but a certain politicians political standing as well as the political standing of the religious leader(s) involved as well. I guess it all depends on what her family believes should be done and what they deem the necessary action they should take for their loved one. It's a hard thing to judge being on the outside. We can only hope that whatever happens, happens for the best. My 2 cents! Peace!

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online