Showcase - April 11-17, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad

Battle Points: 8
@KDVS : The textures of the song make it very interesting. I thought that a little more reverb or delay in the mixing could make it sound more full, but you're the artist so maybe that isn't what you're going for. Overall, great job though.

@KZA : I like the trap feel of the song, even though it sounds like it could be breaking the boundaries of trap since it could also be categorized as something else. The guitar- sounding synth around 1:38 is a great addition and adds some variety to the track and the hi- hats are interesting too. Good job.

@NONONSENSEBEATS : This beat is pretty dope, bro! haha Maybe I'm biased because I sample a lot too. What were you thinking about adding to it though? I'm just asking, because realistically I could see someone rapping over this or freestyling over this right now. I liked the drums that you picked out too, it sounded like it was a drum loop that was sampled from another source

Here is my beat. Feedback is appreciated

Reactions: KZA

anarchos

Very happy with this, made it in an hour or less.
Am i just to high right now or is it as good as it sounds to me?

Give me your toughts...

NONONSENSEBEATS

NononsenseBeats
Battle Points: 237
@KZA thist beat is pretty dope. To me it has an I've heard this before feel tho. I guess thats kinda a good and bad thing.

@Chad I dig this beat. Only thing I could really pick at are the high hats. I would maybe switch those out. Other then that its a nice beat. I feelin the sample.Good work.

@anarchos gotta give feedback to get feedback bro. I will say I do like this beat. Can't really get down with that hat either. Switch that out with a different hat and I think this beat might be a banger

KZA

Prada Don
@anarchos Damn I vibed out on this one. I think you should've used a normal hi hat instead of the "hi-hat like"-sounding sound that you used, probably a modern, very clean one. But that's just my taste. Really dope. Toke on brother.
@NONONSENSEBEATS Thanks and I get what you say. A lot of the trap beats nowadays are very similar and/or inspired from big producers from the southern area so I get that feeling too sometimes but I always try to put my little touch into it,so that it doesn't sound like everyone else.
@Chad I like the vibe, especially around 1:40.

Last edited:

Charles

@anarchos This ones chill but i thought it was gonna switch up at some point which really would have made the track, for me at least. I still dig it tho

@KZA Really love that bass man. Nice trap beat, but it kind of just turned into a loop. this makes it repetitive after a while.

@Chad I really loved the sound and how you mixed this track. The only thing i was wondering was about the kick and snare being a little off at some points, could be that you did that on purpose. Great track, kept me entertained the whole way through

heres mine if theres still time for some feedback on this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.