Showcase - April 15-21, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
@44Beatzz I'm loving the melody on Night Train as well as the arrangement. But what really get's me is the subtle drums I love it when beatmakers stay in the pocket with the drums that part was very clean. The only thing I would change in my opinion is the squeaky sounding synth at the hook, it's not bad, I just personally would have gone with something different but still a very smooth beat!! Spring Night was good as well but it feels like it lacks feeling in the way it comes across, just doesn't pull me in, but definitely headed in the right direction.

Taron

Noone really
Battle Points: 2
@Matt-D Sounds real nice, I love the weird synths that pop up every now and then and the cute strings, sounds like something straight out of the Late Registration/Graduation time. The one thing id prolly point out is that Id like some more kicks in it. Make it into a more boombap-y type shit

@44Beatzz Night train is nice, I like the horns or whatever it is at the beginning of some bars (maybe its in a chorus? Im not sure and Im not rly gonna count the bars n shit ngl) The drums are nice, but idk to me they sound weirdly "muted" if thats a way to describe it, its not bad, but Im a fan of agressive kinda drums and this some kinda lo fi type shit. The melodies and instruments with them are really nice and clean tho.
Spring Night is really similar, but without that "muted" effect that I didnt like on the drums before. The one thing I didnt like on there were some of those really high, subtle synths, idk if its intentionally there or if its something with the mix, but Im not into it. Overall tho again, more of the same, pretty nice lofi, ambient kinda sound u got going.

I shared like 2 of these tracks here already, but I remastered some of it and put out a 5 track EP, would appreciate some feedback and c r i t i q u e.

madja

Okay i will start then..these are my latest beats...

I like the laid back drums, I do feel that on spring night the main lead should be a little more smooth sounding that would really improve the track

This is my latest I just released any feedback is appreciated!

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
@Taron here is the thing I thought you did good with the drums on masquerade, dirt, and gasoline, but with that being said on gasoline you lost me with the piano because it is badly out of tune. With dirt the drums did sound good but you should probably take out that over compressed snare that you overuse the track does not need it it is a huge distraction, but the rest of the drums sound good. Masquerade was the best beat because the way the drums knock with that sub bass and you stayed in the pocket which is good. The other tracks did not grab my attention as well. Overall I think you are headed in the right direction but what the ep lacks is catchy melodies, or sounds that grab attention. Like I said you did pretty good with the drums but the ep lacks melodic substance which is very crucial.
@TeeJay Sounds Everything is on point nice work! Would definitely make a great song.
@WIKTO-GRIZZLY Another banger!! Nice sounds, great arrangement, catchy melodies and professional quality setup and videos as well!! Bout to subscribe, nice work man!! Thanks for the feedback and I came up with the melodies and everything else, no samples that beat is actually on a non sampled beat cd I put out on Bandcamp except for one bonus track I sampled. Here is the link if you could take a listen I would appreciate it.

tartar4ever

Be sure to check out my latest track, I appreciate the feedback!

Good job. But to me, hats and snares are a bit sharp. The melody in some places (where it goes to high notes) also sounds acute.
Although, I like this track, it has something catchy to me. Good luck! :)

Last edited:

WIKTO-GRIZZLY

WIKTO-GRIZZLY
Battle Points: 47

Hello everyone, here's my new beat. Please, give your opinion on it. Especially about the drums and mastering.
Thank you :)

Воу братух!! Не плохой бит и вставки интересные!! Мне показалось что не хватает чего-то, но думаю если запишут под него голос будет 100% хороший трек!! Молодцом!

tartar4ever

Воу братух!! Не плохой бит и вставки интересные!! Мне показалось что не хватает чего-то, но думаю если запишут под него голос будет 100% хороший трек!! Молодцом!
Спасибо большое за отзыв!)) Не ожидал увидеть здесь родной язык :D Вдвойне приятно

Status
Not open for further replies.