Showcase - April 19-25, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
@slimegreenbeats i love this beat overall, especially the sounds you used. Not sure if you did it on purpose or not but I wish I could hear more of the melody, it just feels like the mix is muddy on some areas. I’m thinking it’s because the bass is very strong. But like I said good beat, I just wanted to hear those cool sounds you used more clearly as well as the drums.

@Matt-D - that's one of my fave Hov songs so took a while to win me over but liked it in the end. It's very chill and spacey but the wah synth and guitar was really cool. I heard a synth at like 3.30 which was nice, wish there was more of it and louder in the mix.

@EsquireMusic111 - not my type of music but as a produced product really good. It had all the elements of a radio pop song. And like Matt - D said the change up is really cool. The vocals sound good and blend together well.

@slimegreenbeats - i like the middle part, the melody is nice. I feel like that bit should be repeated. Also thought some faster hi hats on that part would sound sick, like 16th notes and triplets. Like the chill vibe overall.

Chad

Battle Points: 8
@Matt-D : I really like this remix. I thought it was mixed well and it really fits the vocals, nice work.

@EsquireMusic111 : This is a great song, high quality mix, the structure made the song interesting the entire time and the artists on it really added to it. It sounds very professional, great work.

@slimegreenbeats : In the "Movies" beat I like the sound of the pad, if that is a pad, it might be sample I can't tell completely but if it is a pad, I like the programming and timbre of it. The pad does sound like it's overpowering everything else though.

I like the "Having a Blast" beat, melody is interesting and it's mixed pretty well. I also like how you sparsely used the 808 in the beat, it made it even more noticeable in the texture.

Below is my beat:

I played the guitars on this one

I submitted this for a Tracklib beat battle

kobu

Kobu Beats
Went for a traditional Atlanta rap style on this one. Feedback is welcome and always appreciated!

kobu

Kobu Beats
@Matt-D : I really like this remix. I thought it was mixed well and it really fits the vocals, nice work.

@EsquireMusic111 : This is a great song, high quality mix, the structure made the song interesting the entire time and the artists on it really added to it. It sounds very professional, great work.

@slimegreenbeats : In the "Movies" beat I like the sound of the pad, if that is a pad, it might be sample I can't tell completely but if it is a pad, I like the programming and timbre of it. The pad does sound like it's overpowering everything else though.

I like the "Having a Blast" beat, melody is interesting and it's mixed pretty well. I also like how you sparsely used the 808 in the beat, it made it even more noticeable in the texture.

Below is my beat:

I played the guitars on this one

I submitted this for a Tracklib beat battle

I like the sounds you used on the first one. The chord progression is a little static and not as effective in my opinion, but I do really like the drums and rhythmic construction!

NatureRok

ILLIEN
I made a tutorial on making sample based beats in Renoise. I sampled music I made, which is something I do often and a little bit different to flipping someone else's record.
Appreciate it's long and not everyone cares about Renoise so if you just wanna hear the beat it's at 35.48.

not a bad joint.. but the drums sound mad robotic.. like you are counting your steps learning a new ballroom dance.. put some rhythm in it homie!! 1luv

NatureRok

ILLIEN
Got anotha one, tryna keep the vibe up:

i like this much better than the other.. bring that distortion in the bassline down and play that muphugga more throughout the beat.. that bass is nice.. need that more in the song i was waiting for it. like how you didnt over flood it with sounds either.. goodshit.. 1luv

Status
Not open for further replies.