Showcase - April 20-26, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Lord there was a lot to get through! The standard on this forum is pretty decent it has to be said. Plus even a bad producer can make a classic beat if he lucks out on the right sample or the stars align etc.

@Marc Duncan -Liked the bass on this but the distortion threw me off a bit.
@Fantom 91 loved the opening synth. The beat and atmospheric sounds were excellent. And the creepy keyboard over the top was dope. What gear are you using if you don't mind me asking? Really enjoyed it
@Dzhi Beats Beat and the bass are spot on, but overall didn't leave a lasting impression(don't worry that's likely down to personal taste)
@2GooD Productions :)))))))) Thanks for transporting me to a nightclub dancefloor in Tblisi there! Given that it is a bit housey i'd not really have anything productive to say...I did venture into a biot of house myself at one point...
I agree with Crosstevsky on the Floyd sample; The only time i'd do this is if i was preparing sometyhing for a dancefloor-cheeky little Floyd edit to get everyone moving after a few drinks. Or as cross said, tease it at the beginning then go sideways in the same key ;)
Napalm in the morning was a polished well executed beat-thoughtful :) i enjoyede that the most of the 3
@OMAR. this is sweet AF. can imagine the slumm village lot getting on this-has it got a name? The sound and vibe are spot on-to me it sounds really professional. Was my favourite(until i came across skidflow :))
@iDull Love the rawness.and loved the vocal cuts. But i feel it's a little messy-i appreciate it was thrown together quickly-i could be wqrong but its like a traffic jam in the mid frequencies-I'd spread them into the bass and highs a little more to see what it sounds like.
@crosstevsky Excellent drums, nice rhythm. Spooky vibe. My favourite is the detuning @ 36 seconds-like it alot.
@skidflow pray tell where the klangy sound @ 12 seconds and running is from-i'll have a mental breakdown if you don't tell me-it's so familiar but can't think where it's from. but the keyboard piece on top is great-could imagine this would be really popular with the rhymers
@jackgrandchamp this sounded way too denatured and detunes-almos sounding a little damagedoverall. that aside the elements are all there for an aweseome beat. The effect that i feel was a little overdriven and damaging though, creates a bass effect i associate with madlib. how exactly did you do it?
@Yeetey42 there's only 14 seconds there if i'm not mistaken, and its really nicely mastered :) so i can't help you there!
@Matt-D i liked this-but the 'searchin' for love' sample didn't do much for me-maybe a touch too low on the pitch for me. Nice cuts though-loved the 'i be around forever trust me' cut.
@Cosmodub Lab Brilliant drum break! Great use of the samples. All in all it has the little bit of my brain devoted to MF doom freestyling along to it-great work
@WIKTO-GRIZZLY This is very polished and professional but it's not something i'm into -all i can say is that it sounds very professional and well executed
@alex g not a fan of the rapping mate. but the beat is solid-nice work

Thanks very much for all the above material-if i'm critical of anything it's probably just a question of taste, i'm not a natural critic like so don't worry

Here are 2 links to one of me latest efforts

crosstevsky

beats architect
Battle Points: 127
Good Lord there was a lot to get through! The standard on this forum is pretty decent it has to be said. Plus even a bad producer can make a classic beat if he lucks out on the right sample or the stars align etc.

@Fantom 91 loved the opening synth. The beat and atmospheric sounds were excellent. And the creepy keyboard over the top was dope. What gear are you using if you don't mind me asking? Really enjoyed it
@Dzhi Beats Beat and the bass are spot on, but overall didn't leave a lasting impression(don't worry that's likely down to personal taste)
@2GooD Productions :)))))))) Thanks for transporting me to a nightclub dancefloor in Tblisi there! Given that it is a bit housey i'd not really have anything productive to say...I did venture into a biot of house myself at one point...
I agree with Crosstevsky on the Floyd sample; The only time i'd do this is if i was preparing sometyhing for a dancefloor-cheeky little Floyd edit to get everyone moving after a few drinks. Or as cross said, tease it at the beginning then go sideways in the same key ;)
Napalm in the morning was a polished well executed beat-thoughtful :) i enjoyede that the most of the 3
@OMAR. this is sweet AF. can imagine the slumm village lot getting on this-has it got a name? The sound and vibe are spot on-to me it sounds really professional. Was my favourite(until i came across skidflow :))
@iDull Love the rawness.and loved the vocal cuts. But i feel it's a little messy-i appreciate it was thrown together quickly-i could be wqrong but its like a traffic jam in the mid frequencies-I'd spread them into the bass and highs a little more to see what it sounds like.
@crosstevsky Excellent drums, nice rhythm. Spooky vibe. My favourite is the detuning @ 36 seconds-like it alot.
@skidflow pray tell where the klangy sound @ 12 seconds and running is from-i'll have a mental breakdown if you don't tell me-it's so familiar but can't think where it's from. but the keyboard piece on top is great-could imagine this would be really popular with the rhymers
@jackgrandchamp this sounded way too denatured and detunes-almos sounding a little damagedoverall. that aside the elements are all there for an aweseome beat. The effect that i feel was a little overdriven and damaging though, creates a bass effect i associate with madlib. how exactly did you do it?
@Yeetey42 there's only 14 seconds there if i'm not mistaken, and its really nicely mastered :) so i can't help you there!
@Matt-D i liked this-but the 'searchin' for love' sample didn't do much for me-maybe a touch too low on the pitch for me. Nice cuts though-loved the 'i be around forever trust me' cut.
@Cosmodub Lab Brilliant drum break! Great use of the samples. All in all it has the little bit of my brain devoted to MF doom freestyling along to it-great work
@WIKTO-GRIZZLY This is very polished and professional but it's not something i'm into -all i can say is that it sounds very professional and well executed

Thanks very much for all the above material-if i'm critical of anything it's probably just a question of taste, i'm not a natural critic like so don't worry

@nottr Thanks man. I like how you start this, the sample is dope, and drums also. That high droney element can be scrapped, I don't like it...However, it fits better in the second part of the beat. I would separate those two parts and make two beats... two for one deal :) Overall... not bad.

OMAR.

Battle Points: 5
T

Thabk you bro. Really appreciate your reply.

Your beat sound replay good mixed it has some oriental
Vibe I guess

I love that guitar at the beginning.

@Matt-D those drums come in punchy af, I always like that but I'd consider compressing them down a bit or filtering some high end off just so it doesn't take over all the other good shit in this beat!
@nottr Thanks for the feedback dude, I go for that damaged distorted sound on a lot of my beats to try and make it sound fat like madlib if I can so I'm glad you heard a little bit of what I was going for, I definitely see what you mean tho I need to work on getting that sound without the distortion distracting too much from the beat.
For your beat I agree with @crosstevsky that high pitched off key drone sound kinda throws off the rest of that beat for me.

Here's something I made a few months ago lmk what ya think

drenbeats

Trying something

i like it a lot. I just feel like the snare is a bit too quiet. Percs are good. Melody is great. Other than the snare it’s pretty ready to me
RULES

You MUST leave feedback or your post will be removed.

Post your beats!

Beat Video

This is my latest beat I used some notes and a melody that’s similar to the one used in My hero academia - Might + U. Can pass me some feedback ?

i

drenbeats

Hey guys I’m dren and I started making beats about a month ago. I guess I like making Lofi beats the most and really want to improve my craft use more instruments. For now here is something I cooked up last week

Im working with a stand up comedian on a rap track he wants to make, and its also my first beat on FL Studio.
Just a little sketch I came up with this morning.

UPDATED: Its finished now and he loves it.
Nothing here yet.

Its time for me to go in and get some feedback done...

@drenbeats Nice really chill beat, would suit rnb. I think you might have used just a little too much reverb, its very airy, a bit too airy I think. Personally Id reign that back a little.

@Un4zn I love I Cant Get No Sleep from the old raving days. Great idea for a flip. That bass pad you are using has some small parts where it sounds so slightly off. I think it might only be one note, the last note in the bass loop sounds offkey. Apart from that one thing, I really like it. I think with a bit more work you could make it truly epic. I wouldnt mind collaborating on this, its giving me ideas, up to you though man.

@fishbeats Interesting sample choice, nice variation and change ups keeps things interesting throughout. I like it.

@jackgrandchamp I love flute samples, the panning seems a little bit extreme though. Id trry to balance the right hand flute a bit more, it works nicely when playing off the left hand flute and guitar, but when the left hand flute or guitar isnt there it just sounds very right hand sided. All said and done I like it has an originality about it

@Matt-D Show Me. The intro seems a bit off and the the first part of the beat with the vocal chops in it seems to be overcrowded with some frequency clashes that make it muddy and confusing. You might be able to fix some of that with some careful equing/filtering. Once the beat drops without the vocal samples it sounds okay. Just needs some cleanup work IMO.

@EsquireMusic111 Great production quality, can tell from the start, really nicely mixed. Great mix of melodies, overall really great work. I have nothing constructive to say, you know what you are doing already.

@nottr I think that kick could bang a bit more, when the first changeup happens that drum pattern really isnt working.the long drone gets a little annoying too. Change the drum pattern on the part it leads into though man, it throws the whole beat off

@alex g Is that you rapping? Or did you make the beat? The delivery really needs some work, seems lacking in any emotion. Its repetetive and doesnt do it for me. Try to put a bit more emotion into your delivery, sing it like you mean it, actually dont sing, just rap hahahaha. Im not trying to be an arsehole I realise you are new to it, but you do have some practice ahead of you. Keep it up and you will only get better.

@WIKTO-GRIZZLY Has me gripped from the start, nice piano sample. OOO that bass man, fucking A!!! Havent got a clue what hes singing about but really like this. Great mix as usual from you. Impressive stuff. This is too good to be sampled, must be composed

@Cosmodub Lab Unforgettable. hahahahahahaha, just the concept of flipping this is really funny to me, you did a great job on it too. Can tell you really put some work into it.
Arabian Dreams. I love snake charmer music, nice intro and the beat is dope once it drops. Nice work, good sampling ability and the mix is nice and clean.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.