Showcase - April 23-29, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

KNTDK

Battle Points: 38
@Matt-D This was a nice beat mate it really made me start moving. I really liked the swing you gave to your drums and this low-key bass you added. These 2 elements were combined really good and they actually made me like your beat.
On the other hand I didn't like the way you treated your sample at all, which is funny because its dominating in your current mix but in some way it still cant harm the outcome for me. (props to drums and bass for that).
I would try to throw it off meter maybe pitch it down a little bit and then be a bit more choosy with my loops and change ups. But that's just me.
Again it was a good beat overall, the drums and the bass were solid. I listened to it several times and thats why Im leaving this comment.
1Love

216 Sound

Battle Points: 1

Hey Illmuzik I missed last weeks showcase but I am back with a new beat!
Any feedback is appreciated & WILL be returned! Thank you for listening

@producervibes This beat sounds really well made like I don't notice any stand out things that are wrong with it. It sounds clean very nice job.

@Matt-D I really enjoyed your beat and I agree with @KNTDK. Also the claps sounded on point and came in at just the right time. This beat was bumpin

producervibes

Battle Points: 56
@Matt-D This was a nice beat mate it really made me start moving. I really liked the swing you gave to your drums and this low-key bass you added. These 2 elements were combined really good and they actually made me like your beat.
On the other hand I didn't like the way you treated your sample at all, which is funny because its dominating in your current mix but in some way it still cant harm the outcome for me. (props to drums and bass for that).
I would try to throw it off meter maybe pitch it down a little bit and then be a bit more choosy with my loops and change ups. But that's just me.
Again it was a good beat overall, the drums and the bass were solid. I listened to it several times and thats why Im leaving this comment.
1Love

tnx a lot for your constructive critique

producervibes

Battle Points: 56

@producervibes This beat sounds really well made like I don't notice any stand out things that are wrong with it. It sounds clean very nice job.

@Matt-D I really enjoyed your beat and I agree with @KNTDK. Also the claps sounded on point and came in at just the right time. This beat was bumpin

The intro is solid, but I really don't like that main synth saw melody. Sorry man but I really don't dig this beat.

Drago Zetić

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 104
@Matt-D I don't know what is it with your beat making procedure, but a lot of the samples in your beats in general have a weirdly oscillating volume and a bit of distortion, as if they've been time stretched using a really bad interpolation algorithm. The intro and main parts don't mesh well at all and the kick doesn't fit track. The loop that makes up the bulk of the track is great, though.

So, I've finally gotten productive again and stopped meticulously listening to my finds. Here's a half-throwaway half-finished little beat from a tape I'm working on. I think the drums are a bit lacking and have tried many things to improve it, but it doesn't sound right.

It's a straight loop of a sample and not chopped to hell like I usually do, which also detracted me from spending too much time with it, since I couldn't make any coherent chopped sequences out of the phrase.

Nothing here yet.

Sole Element

ILLIEN
@producervibes I actually think this beat is good it's just the sounds sound a little generic but the drums are good. I think if you just substituted the strings with better ones or a different sound it would be dope.
@216 Sound I thought this one was a bit sloppy and poorly arranged. Not that bad I just think you should work on the mix and arrangement.
@Drago Zetić I don't mind constructive criticism but I strongly disagree with it listened closely and heard no distortion and the kick seemed on point to me but that's just me. I thought your beat was good however I thought the drums were very weak and the blending does not go together very good, but not bad overall just needs some work.

dBtheProducer

Autism Dad, I Use FL Studio
Battle Points: 89
good morning, its a rainy day here in virginia, im at work and i wanted to share a new beat with everybody but first letts check out some of yours first...

@producervibes nice beat im used to hearing more trap like beats from yooooooou, this sshows your range, i like what i hear but the offset i hear in the drums is kind of distracting me from appreciatting the rest of the beat...it really does stick out a little too much besiddes that i wouldve loved to hear a dr dre type lead going in on this then it really wouldve sounded like a true west coast beat...nice work man great job

@Matt-D awesome sample choice....was not expecting that sample flip that early on but it rides so nice this reminds me of some kanye/the game type shit...the change up for the hook is done so perfect my jaw dropped...i really like what i hear man there isnt an hip hop emcee in the world who wouldnt roc to a joint like this...universally entertaining and i love the soul im getting from this...i wouldve maybe added some scratches in it to hype the shit up at times but man this was awesome work nice job fam

@216 Sound nice to meet you...change of pace hear, let me adjust...this beat sounds real simple but then it also sounds like it would be a fire ass track with the right artist, i love how shit gets real hype right where it needs to be and then quiets out with that 808 boomin, really good combo there...i like this beat man, sometimes simple is better i always say this got all the structure you need to make a dope track

@Drago Zetić sup homie, im in love with that chiptune like key work at the end omg i love that shit it sounds so perfect to the beat too lol...i like this beat alot man, technically i can tell you know what your doing...this sounds like it could be a dope beat for like a commercial or some kind of documentary...drums are perfect the way they are and the sample is fine, you dont always have to chop shit up to shreds i find sometimes simpler is better...very nice work bro

@Tranq if you a have a soundcloud page, go to the track, select share, hit embedded i think, copy the link and post it on your thread it should pop up i believe

here is my beat...peace

<iframe width="100%" height="300" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" allow="autoplay" src=""></iframe>

@216 Sound , dope banger...

216 Sound

good morning, its a rainy day here in virginia, im at work and i wanted to share a new beat with everybody but first letts check out some of yours first...

@producervibes nice beat im used to hearing more trap like beats from yooooooou, this sshows your range, i like what i hear but the offset i hear in the drums is kind of distracting me from appreciatting the rest of the beat...it really does stick out a little too much besiddes that i wouldve loved to hear a dr dre type lead going in on this then it really wouldve sounded like a true west coast beat...nice work man great job

@Matt-D awesome sample choice....was not expecting that sample flip that early on but it rides so nice this reminds me of some kanye/the game type shit...the change up for the hook is done so perfect my jaw dropped...i really like what i hear man there isnt an hip hop emcee in the world who wouldnt roc to a joint like this...universally entertaining and i love the soul im getting from this...i wouldve maybe added some scratches in it to hype the shit up at times but man this was awesome work nice job fam

@216 Sound nice to meet you...change of pace hear, let me adjust...this beat sounds real simple but then it also sounds like it would be a fire ass track with the right artist, i love how shit gets real hype right where it needs to be and then quiets out with that 808 boomin, really good combo there...i like this beat man, sometimes simple is better i always say this got all the structure you need to make a dope track

@Drago Zetić sup homie, im in love with that chiptune like key work at the end omg i love that shit it sounds so perfect to the beat too lol...i like this beat alot man, technically i can tell you know what your doing...this sounds like it could be a dope beat for like a commercial or some kind of documentary...drums are perfect the way they are and the sample is fine, you dont always have to chop shit up to shreds i find sometimes simpler is better...very nice work bro

@Tranq if you a have a soundcloud page, go to the track, select share, hit embedded i think, copy the link and post it on your thread it should pop up i believe

here is my beat...peace

<iframe width="100%" height="300" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" allow="autoplay" src=""></iframe>

@dBtheProducer Nice to meet you too! thanks for your feedback. This beat has a very chill vibe to it yet sounds super cool. Very nice job on this one

GRTBTZ

@dBtheProducer I always like your old school vibes bro! That beat sounds dope, I really like the jazzy vibes you put around it. Nice work
@Matt-D I really like how inspiring this one felt. It felt like it should belong in a boxing movie, I enjoyed it. Nice work with those drums, the swing sounds great.
@producervibes I like what you did with the bass. Nice to hear you expanding your sound. I'd suggest changing it up here and there just so it's not the same thing over and over again. Nice work though.

Here's my new beat. It's got a reflective vibe to it, hope you enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.