Showcase - April 4-10, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRealAGE

I'm giving feedback to those who left feedback as well. A few of you are not following simple thread rules.

@thedreampolice the beat was just okay to me when it first got going but the vocals compliment it so well that it made it sound better. Her voice was perfect for that vibe. So i ended up liking the track overall.

@The Monk i like all the little accented percussion that you have. The sound design is pretty intricate. Is this all original or did you sample? Either way I fuck with it. You've been improving since I first heard your beats in here.

@anarchos I like the percussion. Not a fan of the sounds or melodies you used. This would probably sound better with some vocals but as a stand alone beat it just seems empty.

@wddby sounds like a very beginner stage beat. Word on some chord progressions. The melody gets stale quick. The beat is just very plain. If you just started making beats I'm not trying to knock you. It takes a while to find your sound and hone in on it.

Ok thats everyone who left feedback. I'm going to drop a link to my new album guys. I'm usually posting instrumentals but this time its my project that I produced, rapped, mixed, mastered. I don't expect you guys to listen to the whole thing. If you do then thats awesome. But if you take a listen to a few songs and drop some feedback I'd appreciate it! Thank you and keep progressing!

Hadoq

Producing weird shit since 2002
@thedreampolice Very well put together, at first I wasn't a big fan of the beat, but along with the song, it goes nicely. good job, very very good track here.

@The Monk great work on the details, I like it. not a fan of the style but it's well put together

@Marc Duncan not a big fan of the sounds, especially the orchestral hit on purity. I'd like more structure within the beats, for now I find them a little repetitive

@producedbyRiff Oldschool production baby! It's well done, and the "making of" vid is appreciated. But I'm not a big fan, style wise. Maybe some harmonic variation would help, some sort of bridge or something. But yea, you're good!

@anarchos I like the atmosphere you created here, nice stuff, well mixed too! dynamic and everything!

@wddby keep experimenting, I'm not sure you're quite there yet. some interesting stuff, but maybe it lacks some dynamic, I'd love to hear something more "finished" and polished from you. Keep at it!

@NONONSENSEBEATS Great stuff, it really resonnates for me, I like the story your beat is telling, great job!

@TheRealAGE very laidback beat, I like it. great prod all together!

@Klypse oldschool stuff again, I like the filtered part on "be there", but the off key bass line does bother me alot (I'm not against offkey stuff, but in this case I don't think it works).
Jazz bees: same recipe, it seems. works great

what you do sounds very basic, but it's done gracefully and it definitely works, or as they say: less is more!

As for myself, I've done a little bit of "disco"

and a remix (2 beats in there)

two very different things here

much love <3

NONONSENSEBEATS

NononsenseBeats
Battle Points: 237
@thedreampolice Very well put together, at first I wasn't a big fan of the beat, but along with the song, it goes nicely. good job, very very good track here.

@The Monk great work on the details, I like it. not a fan of the style but it's well put together

@Marc Duncan not a big fan of the sounds, especially the orchestral hit on purity. I'd like more structure within the beats, for now I find them a little repetitive

@producedbyRiff Oldschool production baby! It's well done, and the "making of" vid is appreciated. But I'm not a big fan, style wise. Maybe some harmonic variation would help, some sort of bridge or something. But yea, you're good!

@anarchos I like the atmosphere you created here, nice stuff, well mixed too! dynamic and everything!

@wddby keep experimenting, I'm not sure you're quite there yet. some interesting stuff, but maybe it lacks some dynamic, I'd love to hear something more "finished" and polished from you. Keep at it!

@NONONSENSEBEATS Great stuff, it really resonnates for me, I like the story your beat is telling, great job!

@TheRealAGE very laidback beat, I like it. great prod all together!

@Klypse oldschool stuff again, I like the filtered part on "be there", but the off key bass line does bother me alot (I'm not against offkey stuff, but in this case I don't think it works).
Jazz bees: same recipe, it seems. works great

what you do sounds very basic, but it's done gracefully and it definitely works, or as they say: less is more!

As for myself, I've done a little bit of "disco"

and a remix (2 beats in there)

two very different things here

much love <3

That remix is dope. That first one tho!! Felt like ol skool Stevie was bouta bust out with a verse lol. Super dope production there! Nice work.

Solo

Battle Points: 2
@thedreampolice Not my style. But very smooth & calm. She has a nice voice.
@The Monk Nice percussion work. Very well put together.
@anarchos I'm feeling everything but the bassline for some reason. Its not sitting right with the kick, or maybe its my setup. Other than that nice work.
@wddby The melody could use some variation. The drums are on point tho.
@TheRealAGE Big fan of your beats. & your nice on the mic as well. Cadence & flow is spot on. I'm gonna check out the whole album. Keep grindin
@Klypse Nice chops. I really like that 2nd track. That sample is golden.
@Hadoq That first track is funky as hell. Nice job on the mix. That 2nd track is insane. The transition to the 2nd beat is siiiicck. Would buy tbh.
@Dame G. Kicks are hitting hard. Really solid production & structure. Doesn't get boring.

-Peace

Hadoq

thanks for all the feedback <3

@Solo Untitled: you already had me on the intro, loving it, pretty perfect, love the lead, the vocal sample, the rhodes-ish pad-ish chords, loving it, thank you for sharing!

these days: can't help but love your style man, again, nothing bad to say about this beat, it tickles me in all the right places <3

run: going trap? interesting... not my cup of tea here, but very well put together nonetheless, while the other two beats stand by themselves, this one will require vocals for me to properly enjoy.

I just finished a fairly slow beat, hope you'll enjoy it
if you have the time, you'll really enjoy it much more if you listen to the whole thing. Psychoactive substances may improve your auditory experience <3

Last edited:

DeCrescendo

Battle Points: 20
@thedreampolice Not my preferred style of music but the mix is excellent. Sounds very 'open/spacey/wide?'. Good job and the track has a very haunting feel.

@The Monk - Very groovy drums but I think the song could do with more variation to make it more interesting.

@Marc Duncan first tune - I like the style with some nice sounds! Think the snares sound a little weak. Could maybe do with layering them up with a rim shot or a little reverb.

2nd track - some nice synth work but could do with a 'chorus section' or a drop to mix it up a bit.

@producedbyRiff - Very creative beat! I love the vocal samples. Good work. Ill check out the 'making of a bit later' Going to have that synth sample in my head now!

@anarchos - Mix sounds good but Im not a fan of the vocal sample. Bass has got a nice sound.

@wddby Tune has potential but I think the beat sounds like it is missing something. I am not sure about that intro synth. Could maybe layer it up with something else.

@TheRealAGE - Punchy drums go well with the acapella track. Maybe my favourite so far. Nice

@Klypse 1st tune - Like the sample. Got an 'Amaze 88' feel to it. Second tune I prefer. Good sample work and beat is very smooth.

@Hadoq Wow! Not a massive fan of the first tune not a bad beat just not my thing) but the second tune (belly full) is amazing. Really impressive! good work.

Here is my beat. I am having a nightmare trying to master it and get all the levels right. I did put this beat up last showcase but I have done some more work on it and added the vocals (acapella). Please let me know what you think.

Cheers,J

NONONSENSEBEATS

NononsenseBeats
Battle Points: 237
Well here is my feedback (even if I can't get any) lol.

@Dame G. I like this beat bro. I dig how menacing it sounds. Nice job on that.

@Solo I really like that "Untitled" beat...feel like the drums could be brought up just a lil bit tho (my opinion) over all very nice beat tho.
I really liked "RUN" too. Fitting title. Gave me that get the f*ck otta here vibe haha!

@Hadoq I have liked all three you put on here. Dope shit...nice work!

@Jay Beats I'm diggin this beat...flow not so much (just not my style) It fit the beat good tho.

Here is one I have been working on recently trying to get right. I can't pinpoint what it needs. Keep in mind it has not been mixed yet. Just wanna get some opinions on it
Thanks y'all
Nothing here yet.

Hit The Road

Battle Points: 1
@NONONSENSEBEATS , great bassline on perfect time. This beat has something oldstyle, that's why i like it. The bell is also very nice, maybe a little bit lower. Great stuff, keep doing!

@JaYBEATS , really nice mixing here man, acapella fits perfectly. Awesome drums, really chill but at the same time powerful. And the rap vocal is absolutely great!

@Hadoq hey bro! on ''Foam'': that's what i like, this beat is something perfect. Absolutely love the clap, the slow kick. Like the pads and the growing lead. Usually long tracks (3 mins or more), if they are beats, could be boring, i tell you i could have listened to this stuff for hours, never gets boring, never gets ripetitive. Perfect chillout! Keep working man!

@Dame G. what a production. Perfect mixing, all sounds fits good togheter, i'd say more than trap this is a perfect chillout beat.

@TheRealAGE great production, good mixing. The beat is really well done but you have some really good skills rapping man, work hard!

Here's my new stuff! thank you guys.

Hadoq

@Hit The Road that sounds like it's straight out of a Tarentino flick, the whiplash dialogue at the end killed it! it sounds very live (and I've been playing live music for over two decades). Very organic, very dynamic.
it means alot to me that someone doing music like you do, also appreciates what I do. Because I know, I've been listening to tons of music my whole life, I know what good music sounds like, and yours is damn good music my friend. Balls to the walls, impressive shit.
And it's not even at maturity yet, give it another ten years, you got time ;)

@NONONSENSEBEATS
Nice work on the exorcist them, I like the lead very much, good bassline too.
now, you'll want to put more "humpf" into the mix, make the whole thing more dynamic. Maybe some cuts in the drums too, it's a little flat/repetitive as it is now, let it breathe more. as I always say, silence is also written on a score, silence is also music. Have the beat get stronger, or calmer over time, it'll add much depth to it.
What are you using (your gear, synths, vsts, DAW etc...?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online