Showcase - August 1-7, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

KZA

Prada Don
@Krass1 Love your 2nd beat. Very chill vibe.
@d.fusion Dope Beat! Really nothing much more to say about it tbh.
@Klypse Nice remix, the beat really fits the vibe of the acapella.
@EvB Damn the first one sounds disgusting and dirty, in a good way. Really really dope.
@JCFAX81 as d.fusion already said, everything seems kinda randomly thrown together. Try to chop the sample so it fits (use timestretch/pitch) and look up basic drum patterns for whatever kinda style you wanna go for so you create a groove with your drums. I hope u get what I mean, it's hard to explain. If u need more help there are a lot of YouTube tutorials for the basics. You'll get there.

EDIT:
@bcwarlock oops, you sent your reply while i was writing. Very dope. The sidechain of the synth is a little too hard for my personal taste, tho.

Last edited:

EvB

@bcwarlock I'm not usually one for synth beats, but your one's dope! I like that snare and the synth you used has a warm feel to it. Quite a trippy vibe!

Thanks for the feedback folks!

dBtheProducer

Autism Dad, I Use FL Studio
Battle Points: 89
krass1- rev keys panda, i like the sounds you use in this beat, although drums are simple i like the vibe it could use a few sfx just to let listeners know where the verses and hook is supposed to start.

jcfax81- the point of justice, tbh this beat is kind of everywhere as far as structure of this beat goes, the chants in this i feel is completely messing the vibe of this beat up, those keys are kinda spooky and that chant is more like for a turn up kind of beat...not a huge fan of this beat in particular keep up the good work tho bro

d-fusion - im liking the bounce of the drums and it goes real well with this sample, nice change up with the filtering halfway in, thats a dope lead you added into this, the bounce in this reminds me of some old west coast shit, dope beat i like it alot

Klypse

Space Diggin..
Battle Points: 93
@Chad Thats a dope track. Sounds like a old school "No Limit" track. Add a Master P acapella on it.
@KZA I like your track the best on here so far. If I was going out clubbing or bar hopping, I'll bump your track all day. Good Job

Reactions: KZA

Erik

Battle Points: 8
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src=""></iframe>

I like the sample, the low end, and the drop. I'd work on the snare and the hats. I think that the hats need to shimmer a little more. The snare definitely needs another layer. It doesn't need to smack like crazy, but it needs to be thicker and more dynamic,,, otherwise you're missing out on a whole lot in the mid frequencies.

Here's one that I just finished up. This is my first time flipping a sample from a record in years. Major props if you can identify the sample!

d.fusion

soundcloud.com/dfusionmusic
Battle Points: 61
@bcwarlock wow unexpected style, but i really dig it. very nice synths, even though they kinda dont sound very hip-hopish the drums and bass bring them nicely together. id like to hear your sampled beats.

@KZA i usually give the "x type beats" a insta-pass but here i go :) i feel the mix needs some work, specially the snare and hats tend to suffer. but melody wise its pretty solid. gives off a nice dark vibe.

@Chef M!KE DB thx. 1st beat sounds good. a bit too simple though considering the drums(hat) come off a bit stiff. 3rd on is my fav. maybe a bit too much bassline but the sample and drums sound really tight together. def potential

Krass1

Battle Points: 13
Thanks so much for havin a listen and giving feedback,Thanks!,
@bcwarlock Not normally my thing but I'm feeling this
As for production and mixing etc...this is spot on well done
Your synth work is real nice
@KZA mate that is hard
This I turned up loud
Blazed as
And vibed out to
I don't like the rappers that usually rhyme on this style of beat ,but I love the beats
Mixed well,the 808 slams ,keep up the good work!!
@Chef M!KE DB Dope!!
I listened to all 4 joints
The first my favourite
U kill that boom bap style
Maybe abit to low heavy in a couple of joints
But still real nice

bcwarlock

Battle Points: 20
One of my first serious attempts at a hip hop beat!
Hope you enjoy!
-Kid Zion
Nothing here yet.
Thats was good man...really liked the piano work and the way they seem like they were treated ever so subtle with reverb and what sounds like a little bit of delay(could be wrong).Listening on headphones so i can't be completely sure of the low end but you're drums sound nice and seem to have an adequate amount of compression and eq because they seem to pop out of the mix.
Good stuff :)

d.fusion

soundcloud.com/dfusionmusic
Battle Points: 61
Heres one w/ samples <3

Dope, nice sax sample. love how the subtle sfx add to the beat. is there anything special you did to the drums comp/limiting wise? they sound great!

bcwarlock

Battle Points: 20
Dope, nice sax sample. love how the subtle sfx add to the beat. is there anything special you did to the drums comp/limiting wise? they sound great!
thank you!for the drums just some compression and eq and a bit of filtering at the end to dull them a little to make it more "dusty" sounding :)

Rylan

good grieve
@Erik That sounds sick dude, I like how it's more upbeat.
@bcwarlock SO SICK! reminds me a lot of swum's older tracks, keep it going man, you got a follow

First time trying to sample or do a remix

Status
Not open for further replies.