Showcase - August 16-22, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

New beat let me kno what yall think

I really enjoyed the intro, was looking forward to where it was going but I just found the drums to be underwhelming, especially the snare. I would rebalance the whole track, put most of the instruments further back in the mix and allow the drums to be more upfront, bring the snare up a bit too. Its a creative track, I like it, but the mix doesnt do it any justice.

Battle Points: 12
Beat is great! I also like your rap flow. Man, I can tell you didn't start yesterday.

I would have loved to hear a few more variations when it comes to rhythm. Furthermore, I think you could achieve really cool effects if you played a bit more with the pitch of your voice to express emotions. That would really take it to the next level.

You got this. Keep at it!
Appreciate the constructive feedback. I agree with everything you said.
The whole 16 was damn near a freestyle..I just tried to fatten it up with a double of the original vocal and some ad libs.
I definitely could have done better without question.
Sizzle :fire:

nikwen

ILLIEN
Appreciate the constructive feedback. I agree with everything you said.
The whole 16 was damn near a freestyle..I just tried to fatten it up with a double of the original vocal and some ad libs.
I definitely could have done better without question.
Sizzle :fire:
That's a damn good freestyle, Sizzle! And don't take my suggestions wrong. I really think you did an amazing job there. Just wanted to present some ideas on how to make it even better. What you showed us is already pretty damn good! :)

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544

When I initially joined this site a few users wanted to hear me spit so I dropped a hook and a 16 real quick.
Let me know what y'all think.
Holla!
Sizzle:fire:

eyyyyy finally someone who can actually spit.

Nice flow.
Nice style.
Nice delivery.
Got a good 'unique' type of voice.

I let this shit bump happily. I know someone's track is good when I forget to turn it off, or happily let it bump.

ill.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544

New beat let me kno what yall think

This would be really nice with a better mix.
Musically it's cool and has the ingredients, just undercooked.

Can't really give any specific mix advice as it were, I thought maybe it just needed volume, so I turned my soundcard up, but it still had a feeling of being 'quiet' or hidden within itself.

Would love to see what I could do if hit me with the stems. I'm no great mixer, but it's fun to try sometimes.

eyyyyy finally someone who can actually spit.

Nice flow.
Nice style.
Nice delivery.
Got a good 'unique' type of voice.

I let this shit bump happily. I know someone's track is good when I forget to turn it off, or happily let it bump.

ill.
Appreciate the love Fam!
I haven't listened to it in the car yet, that's how you really know it bangs if its hot in the whip!
Sizzle:fire:

BlancoBeatz

Chiefer Sutherland
I really enjoyed the intro, was looking forward to where it was going but I just found the drums to be underwhelming, especially the snare. I would rebalance the whole track, put most of the instruments further back in the mix and allow the drums to be more upfront, bring the snare up a bit too. Its a creative track, I like it, but the mix doesnt do it any justice.
Thanks for the feedback bro and yea working on my mixing so u think Turing down the instruments and turning up the drums would improve my mix?
This would be really nice with a better mix.
Musically it's cool and has the ingredients, just undercooked.

Can't really give any specific mix advice as it were, I thought maybe it just needed volume, so I turned my soundcard up, but it still had a feeling of being 'quiet' or hidden within itself.

Would love to see what I could do if hit me with the stems. I'm no great mixer, but it's fun to try sometimes.

Thanks bro for the feedback and yea like I told bro I'm working on my mixing and same advice I should bring the drums up more and I can probably send u the stems tomorrow I'm bout to head into work now tho

Thanks for the feedback bro and yea working on my mixing so u think Turing down the instruments and turning up the drums would improve my mix?

Thanks bro for the feedback and yea like I told bro I'm working on my mixing and same advice I should bring the drums up more and I can probably send u the stems tomorrow I'm bout to head into work now tho
Yeah, Id put everything further back except bass and drums, it will give the drums more prominence.

nikwen

ILLIEN
Man, this has got energy! I couldn't help myself and had to start freestyling when it played.

I also see that you experimented a lot with differently sounding parts. That's pretty cool and something that I'd love to see in more beats.

The break at 0:54 was a bit unexpected and I was confused for a second. Maybe there's a way to add a smoother transition?

That said, great beat, man! I had an awesome time freestyling to it. I love its energy!

I might have to get back to it tho :)
Yes, sounds like it. :D

Man, this has got energy! I couldn't help myself and had to start freestyling when it played.

I also see that you experimented a lot with differently sounding parts. That's pretty cool and something that I'd love to see in more beats.

The break at 0:54 was a bit unexpected and I was confused for a second. Maybe there's a way to add a smoother transition?

That said, great beat, man! I had an awesome time freestyling to it. I love its energy!

Yes, sounds like it. :D
Glad you was feeling bro! Im going to look at the beat again to see if I can fix that break @0.54.
By the way I got my download of HANDCLAP!!

Glad you was feeling bro! Im going to look at the beat again to see if I can fix that break @0.54.
By the way I got my download of HANDCLAP!!
ok went back and listened to it and now I understand what you mean. That was by design...when I make beats I don't try to make a song out of it anymore, I just put different variations together because it is the template I will use for a song later if needed. The artist would need to tell me what sound they want for the hook and the verse.

Status
Not open for further replies.