Showcase - August 16-22, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
damnit hahaha and good look and just some regular old ass speakers hahah i need monitor speakers for sure
Its always good to use shitty old speakers for referencing a mix to see how well the lows translate. But that said the mix needs to be done on at least decent headphones, preferably monitors. You cant mix what you cant hear.

BlancoBeatz

Chiefer Sutherland
Its always good to use shitty old speakers for referencing a mix to see how well the lows translate. But that said the mix needs to be done on at least decent headphones, preferably monitors. You cant mix what you cant hear.
whats a good pair ?
sounds a lot more better and acceptable.
some things are a little too loud.

do you have a compressor on your mixbus?

trying to figure why it all sounds so kind 'quiet' no matter how loud i turn it up

yea should i take it off ?

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown
after messing with our new Beyerdynamic DT990's, Id highly recommend them, cheaper than airpods too.
I have a BeyerDynamic DT770 and must say they are not completely 'flat'. But the high's are very crisp and they're great for the sub frequencies, where my monitors lack.

Did you try both? Is there a big difference between open and closed back, or is it just a matter of preference?

nikwen

ILLIEN
By the way I got my download of HANDCLAP!!
Thank you, my man! I hope you enjoy it. :)
If you have any questions / feedback / bug reports / feature requests / etc., just let me know. I'm here to help, and I value all suggestions on how to improve the software.
Also, if you want, you can let me know where you post the videos that you make with Handclaps and I'll gladly check them out. I love seeing what people create with the app..

ok went back and listened to it and now I understand what you mean. That was by design...when I make beats I don't try to make a song out of it anymore, I just put different variations together because it is the template I will use for a song later if needed. The artist would need to tell me what sound they want for the hook and the verse.
Ah, I see. This completely changes how to listen to your beats. I like your approach and I think it makes sense as it provides a lot of flexibility to the artist.

Here's another thing to consider: When you put out a beat demo file as you did on this forum, it's essentially an "ad" for the full beat that you can make for them. The better the transitions between different parts are, the more trust the artist is going to have that the full beat is going to turn out awesome.

I have a BeyerDynamic DT770 and must say they are not completely 'flat'. But the high's are very crisp and they're great for the sub frequencies, where my monitors lack.

Did you try both? Is there a big difference between open and closed back, or is it just a matter of preference?
I already have Sennheiser HD280's, they are closed back. I got them to work at home where there might be some background noise outside. But after hearing the DT990's semi open back I think, Im really impressed with how they sound, the highs are so crisp. Tempted to buy a pair for myself.

BlancoBeatz

Chiefer Sutherland
Keep in mind you also have to buy an audio interface when you get a pair of monitors and/or headphones.
i got that just no good headphones or monitor speakers but good look on the heads up bro i was thinking of replacing mine any audio interfaces u would recommend ?

Status
Not open for further replies.