Showcase - August 24-30, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimplisticVII

Battle Points: 15
from the older thread

Wrote and and composed this rap music for a local rapper here where I live (friend of mine)
I'd love to hear a feedback
I generally wok on Film score/Rap/Rock/Pop music and Sound Designing
and I always try to do something new in my music even if it doesn't succeed
Tell me what you think guys.

KDVS

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 85
@SimplisticVII : I really like this intro... Whooo, this is supernice, fantastic guitar, and the mix is great. Love the piano. Hi class production. What a great story telling song, you did super work here sir.

Here is mine, i did a "making of" thing:

Chad

Battle Points: 8
from the older thread

I really like the variety of sound that you have in this production, it sounds very cinematic which I image would bring a lot of character to a song if the right performer raps to it or sings on it. The sound effects and the instrumentation are very well mixed.

The only suggestion I have is about the cello or double bass around 1:20 or 1:40, maybe it could be processed a little bit more or replaced by another string instrument. It kind of doesn't fit as well as the other instruments. But even that is a very subtle observation. The beat is high quality.

Also, was that live guitar?

Chad

Battle Points: 8

That's mine.

Hey, @KDVS, it might be my computer but your video isn't loading. You might want to check it out, just saying

Zuance

https://soundcloud.com/ct_roet
Battle Points: 1
@SimplisticVII : I really like this intro... Whooo, this is supernice, fantastic guitar, and the mix is great. Love the piano. Hi class production. What a great story telling song, you did super work here sir.

Here is mine, i did a "making of" thing:

this is amazing great work

@SimplisticVII - I like the production work a lot, also how the track develops and takes you on a ride.
@KDVS - Great creative work on this track as well, I think the guitar is coming out a bit too muddy though. I'd love to hear that rick compressed and EQ'ed after running through that chain you have.
@Chad - Love the sample you have going on here, something about the track overall is lacking in volume and has a little too much high end to my ears tho.
@producedbyRiff - Real smooth bro! I likes this piano. Nice interesting stereo image on the track too. The only thing that I notice suffers a little bit when I listen to it in mono is the snare but I don't think that's as big a deal nowadays... dope track!

@Dnz The Mnc - "Doing Dirt" vibe is dope! I like the different instruments you have on there, though I think a louder beat might take it to another level.

@Zuance - This beat is hard!! Those hihats are tight, love that bounce you got goin on

Status
Not open for further replies.