Showcase - August 26-September 1, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 214
Tiszy-The beat is cool...just revisit the freqs on the bass a tad to clean it up a bit.
Matt-D- this beat took hella long to load. The beat decent though. Drums sounds ok. Something sounds a bit staticky in the mix though. That’s just me being picky.
Primz- This beat slaps! dope work!

Last edited:

TiSzY

Tiszy-The beat is cool...just revisit the freqs on the bass a tad to clean it up a bit.
Matt-D- this beat took hella long to load. The beat decent though. Drums sounds ok. Something sounds a bit staticky in the mix though. That’s just me being picky.
I know bro :confusedphones: ,I will try to mix it one more time, I still can ‘t find a way to get decent mix all around, specially the drums and 808s, my Krk’s give me a good reference but it never sounds the same when you play it through other mediums. Do you guys know of any source that could teach me how to achieve results all the way around?

I know bro :confusedphones: ,I will try to mix it one more time, I still can ‘t find a way to get decent mix all around, specially the drums and 808s, my Krk’s give me a good reference but it never sounds the same when you play it through other mediums. Do you guys know of any source that could teach me how to achieve results all the way around?

This is one of the most difficult things when it comes to mixing not only beats but music in general. Personally, I would say that you should know in which direction your beat should go. If you work on monitors I would recommend checking your beats on some low quality headphones, mobile phone or cheap speakers. Most of the time they use monophonic signal so if something sounds good on them it is definitely going to sound great on high quality music gear. You can also look for plug-ins that enable you hear your productions in mono. There are quite a lot of them and most of them are free. So my advice is to check your music in mono and low quality gear and if you don't hear what you want to hear you will have to change it accordingly.

Hope that helps. :)

TiSzY

This is one of the most difficult things when it comes to mixing not only beats but music in general. Personally, I would say that you should know in which direction your beat should go. If you work on monitors I would recommend checking your beats on some low quality headphones, mobile phone or cheap speakers. Most of the time they use monophonic signal so if something sounds good on them it is definitely going to sound great on high quality music gear. You can also look for plug-ins that enable you hear your productions in mono. There are quite a lot of them and most of them are free. So my advice is to check your music in mono and low quality gear and if you don't hear what you want to hear you will have to change it accordingly.

Hope that helps. :)
Good looking out fam. I appreciate the tips

Newbie to FL Studio :D

If you are a newbie as you stated then I think your adventure with FL Studio and with beatmaking may be very interesting. :) I'm going to share you my personal opinion on the track you presented here and I would like to stress that this is only my opinion and you may but you do not have to follow it.

This beat is quite minimalistic because it consists of a very few instruments but I kinda like it. :D The mix is not bad, it's transparent and it is rather rare phenomena when someone starts making beats or music in general. A few things that should be improved and which I spotted instantly. Drums should be more powerful and the bass should be much louder. Bass is a very important element in hip hop music. When it comes to the piano the phrase is nice and has that old school vibe but when it comes to the sound I would work on the automation of sound to make it more "human". The whole beat also needs a little bit more diversifaction, a bit more changes when it comes to arrangement. However, I have to praise the choice of sounds and "neatness" of the whole track. This beat needs some rapper. It's definitely not beat battle beat. But keep going because if these are your beginnings then I think you are on the right way. :)

I hope my tips will be helpful to you.

Wish you good luck. ;)

TiSzY

When i started with FL many years ago Fl 3, my beats weren't nearly as good as this for a newbie. As said above, give more punch to the bass, stronger kicks or layer them with an 808 maybe? I could try remix this for you if you like to see what i mean?
Bro that sounds dope @qam2510, for someone who just started using FL, you are doing a lot better than most, like Primz said, try more fatter drums and 808s, overall your piano melodies are pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.