Showcase - August 31-September 6, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Very good sounding strings and piano. Nice drums. Good melody. Very juicy 808. Nothing to critiscise here really. Great job.

@Marc Duncan Loving the chilled vibe bro! I could jam to this easy just makes me want to write some deep bars! Great work man

Heres a preview of one of my up and coming beats all feedback would be appreciated

Nothing here yet.

I like the aggressive vibe of this beat. Nice choice of sounds especially when it comes to those vocal samples you used. I have to honestly say that I don't like that break that firstly appears around 0:12. Not my cup of tea. Personally, I would build the whole beat around the main melody and take it out. But apart from this it's a cool beat.

OMAR.

Battle Points: 5
@Marc Duncan this rreally good vibe with the brass and piano. but im not deep into trap to judge over it or critizize. but i love the mood sounds epic
one piece fan btw?

@Memento Beats u nailed it again. just another banger. i think the snare to less but i dont really know about trap much lol
anyways good job bro

@Hypermanbeatz damn this is really on top. drill banger i guess a lot if uk rappers would destroy this
good one boy

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
Battle Points: 15
@Memento Beats nice panning on the 808, ( i've been watching some tuts online wanna learn to do dat shit) simple but effective beat i like the padish synth in the background, did you ghet sick of all the automation in your beat this entry haha ? nothing to really criticise all the elements work well together and lots of space for an mc to do their thing, hats are nice and hatty as always !

@Hypermanbeatz i like the melody i dont like the earrape synth that comes in, vocal chops are real cool, very solid rythmn section and nice 808 work/panning/automation i especially enjoy that metalic snare you're using

anyway here's my beat this entry been busy this week so figured i'd just post this here (hey it placed atleast ! :D )

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
Battle Points: 15
@OMAR. this is dope bruh i really like how you mix modern hats with boombap, that wood block snare is cool too especially how it hits a little late, chill simple chord prog works well nice beat to zone out to ^_^ mix seems good

PANTJA5ILA

Bounce Beat Producer
Hi everyone, it's been on and off in this forum, has been busy working on my second beat tape which I just released a few days ago. Really enjoy making it and definitely fun experience.
Next milestone would be collaborate with a rapper! Let me know what you guys think! Thanks illmuzik!

This is pretty smooth, definitely can listen to this while studying!

Heres a preview of one of my up and coming beats all feedback would be appreciated
Some bangers here, you show the weapon before go in to the battle? :cool: Good luck!

GoldenBoy

ProducerDrew
Battle Points: 135
@Marc Duncan- Really like the mood on this one. I really like when people put some emotion behind the melodies and arrangement. Reminds me of a beat they would use in the movies on a dope cut scene. I like the counter melodies of the piano. I think the main hi hat is a little to loud but hey its probably just my preference. I notice that when I listen to my beats in the car, the hats are always to loud. lol

@Hypermanbeatz - Really good mix between the kick and 808. I love the panning. Straight up banger. Thanks for making this beat interesting between the panning and effects! Super dope!

@Memento Beats- Way to invert the phase on the snare! Honestly having the snare dead center doesn't always work. I think for the beat you made it works perfect and help sit the snare in the mix. I think the lower in volume bells and melodies could be more present in the mix but overall straight up banger!! Hi hats are perfectly mix!

@TjombaBeats- I'm Jealous of this beat. So sick. I want the drum sounds you used....please! I couldn't hear anything in the mix that stands out. I really think this is really well mixed and the composition of the song really stands out. I'm a drummer so I can really appreciate this kind of beat where the drums are slightly off but still in time....shit....dope

@Crispifier- For some. reason my browser isn't playing your video. Did you upload this beat to the beat section here so I can hear it?

GoldenBoy

ProducerDrew
@PANTJA5ILA- Really cool beats. I can def see a unique style from you. Instead of commenting on every song, Just an overview, I feel like the mix is consistent across all your beats. Super dope

Last edited:

GoldenBoy

ProducerDrew
<iframe width="100%" height="300" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" allow="autoplay" src=""></iframe><div style="

Let me know what you guys think. Made this last night

Audiobellum

Beatmaker

My goodness, I really like this beat. I guess I just have a bias in favor of the minor scale or anything that sounds dark.PIease do more like this. Also, nice video. How did you get that . My Youtube videos always look like crap in comparison.

@Hypermanbeatz

Amazing work, dude. I see a lot of beats that I like in this showcase.

<iframe width="100%" height="300" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" allow="autoplay" src=""></iframe><div style="

Let me know what you guys think. Made this last night

This has been a really good showcase. Standing ovation for you guys. You seem thoughtful, it would be nice if I were to receive feedback from you based on how you responded to the others.

Anyway. Here's what I'm adding to the showcase:

GoldenBoy

ProducerDrew
@Digitali Musix - "The Heist" I like the idea your going for. This beat has a lot of potential. Its either the sounds you are using come like that, or you're eq'ing the sounds way too much. They sound small and empty. Cut short (not filling in the frequency spectrum). I would suggest just focusing on the overall volume and mix first before you change the sounds (if that's what you were doing) Some of the higher pitched sounds will cut through the mix more than the 808 or bass will. Another thing I noticed was the bass clipping a lot. When you hear that crackling in the speakers it means that its too loud. The reason people are able to get loud sounding mixes are a combination of a (good overall mix, eq'ing, compression and limiting.) Its kind of hard to hear the bass in regular studio speakers, but its there even though its harder to hear. The human ear does a much better job of hearing the higher pitched sounds. Something I did to gain confidence in my mixes/speakers was to play the beat in my car. Id write down notes, (bass to loud, piano to soft, etc) and then go back and listen to it again on my speakers in the studio. This helped me to understand what I'm hearing inside the studio and I would make the proper adjustments to the mix. After doing that for 3-4 beats now I don't have to go to the car as much and I know it will sound good.

"The Suffering"- Some of the same stuff I said up there. I think this beat is dope. Something else I noticed is that you are panning one melody to the left and the other to the right. This makes the melodies sound like they are clashing and not uniformed. I know it would be nice to have a very wide sounding song, and there is a trick I use all the time to achieve this. Create two tracks of the same melody (duplicate). Pan one to the left and one to the right. The next part is dope. In order for the melody to sound wider and not right down the middle, create a 10ms delay on any one of those. Left or Right. The result will be a wider sound. For the counter melody you can do the same thing but not pan them all the way. Or you can just have that melody in the center with the drums.
I know this may sound like a lot but all you have to do is YouTube with the daw you are using and there is a video for it!! Overall you have a lot of potential to becoming a DOPE beat maker!!

GoldenBoy

ProducerDrew
@OMAR. I'm just now hearing yours. Those drums sound dope. I love the sick hi hat work in this. I think the melodies underneath the beat should be a little louder in the mix, and the off beat cross stick leading into beat 3 should have less velocity to make it groove more. But overall I like what you were going for here. I studied Jazz in school so I don't know if you would call this jazz but for sure the vibe is saying, "I need to chill and smoke a blunt" lol

Status
Not open for further replies.