Showcase - August 5-11, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

HVYW8

HVYW8
@artisanaljuice Either the drums are too loud or should be dead centre in the mix. I like the idea though, I tried it myself once and got much worse results. Also that sample has had quite some mileage to it, just saying.

@Matt-D You were always nice with the synths, but this one is something else... love all the layering and everything meshes together well.

Here's a little beat I worked on last month, my first time putting the main sample directly into the FL playlist rather than in FPC...

Damn bro this sounds nice, could you explain a lil bit of the process of making this to someone that's new to sampling?

BeatMaker80

RB Productions
Battle Points: 17
I LOVE this beat man, its sounds real old school 90s rob/hip hop. How do you go about adding bounce/rhythm to your beats, I'm having a problem with my beats they all sound flat and dull. Any advice would be appreciated!!
Much Appreciated man, and my advice for the bounce is to play around with the swing option on your DAW and also has a lot to do with the tempo and your arrangement.✌

BeatMaker80

RB Productions
@Drago Zetić I'm feelin that sample a whole lot especially the flute. I also love the subtle drums you laid on this beat really gives a nice touch.
@BeatMaker80 it wasn't that bad, I think the sound and melody you used for the intro has potential. If you lace it right I think it could be something someone can use. The second beat was much better, is that a new edition sample? I'm wondering because when I heard the drums I was like it sounds like something New Edition would get on then when the sample came in the voice sounded like Ralph Tresvant's voice, just curious. But sounds good to me so do the levels.
@Johni Cleveland what I like most about your videos is how fun you make it look, that's what it's about for me. Also great samples, good drums, and nice setup.
@Matt-D appreciate the feed homie, and the sample is Sade from "Is it a crime", the "I want you" part and the synth that comes in sporadically everything else are one-shot patterns and the first beat, there was no passion or emotion behind the creation, I just made it because there was nothing else better to do so I feel it to an extent but it's not my normal twist, but I appreciate your time people's✌

HVYW8

HVYW8
Much Appreciated man, and my advice for the bounce is to play around with the swing option on your DAW and also has a lot to do with the tempo and your arrangement.✌
Thanks, how exactly did you arrange it did you use multiple kicks and snares?

BeatMaker80

RB Productions
Thanks, how exactly did you arrange it did you use multiple kicks and snares?
[/QUOTE ) I only use one kick, it's a house kick, and I forgot what kind of snare it was, but I layer up snares all the time just not on that beat, kicks not so much.

HVYW8

HVYW8
Sorry for the questions man lol. But are there specific patterns you use for the kicks and snares like how do you keep it interesting?

BeatMaker80

RB Productions
Sorry for the questions man lol. But are there specific patterns you use for the kicks and snares like how do you keep it interesting?
[/QU
I don't use specific patterns, I create my own, but to make it interesting is on you and how you put your beat together, I normally start with my snare or the metronome, then go from there (kick, rhythm, bass etc.) But it's your personal touch that makes it interesting, it's all in the sounds and the mix. ✌

SwayeeBoogie

Torch Bearer for Authentic Hip-Hop
@RhetroChips Definitely needs a good amount of work on the mix. But I enjoyed what you did besides that. Very creative in my opinion.

@BeatMaker80 I'm sorry but I just was not feeling this at all. Keep learning and elevating though!

@Drago Zetić This was awesome. Loved what you did here. Nothing much to say except thank you for sharing it!

Check me out?

@Drago Zetić I'm feeling that beat man. It has a nice flow to it. could see myself in the whip just cruising to it. Def Needs bars on it. @Johni Cleveland Man this was nice. I have been making beats for awhile and can't do that. I would love to be able to perform live like that. Good stuff. Salute. Here's a joint I did for someone to spit on.

Drago Zetić

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 104
@RhetroChips The second beat has a solid, decent idea, but it could use a louder kick and have the synths be quieter. I like the distorted bass later on.

@Johni Cleveland I think the first beat would work a lot better slowed down, think about 10 less BPM. The snares could be louder, but I dig the spontaneity of the live session.

@HVYW8 That track was very easy to make, found a decent loop on a corny old record and didn't even do much to it. I sequenced the main loop to play in full stereo, then made a verse sequence that only plays one of the channels (the flute, bass and guitar - no harpsichord). I also took a few more phrases to put in the background and some typical late '90s drums.

The best way to make a track sound less flat is to play with the stereo field. Leave kicks, snares and the bassline dead centre and add layers to pan, some a bit left, others a bit to the right. Also try a stereo enhancer plugin, FL comes with a good one.

@SwayeeBoogie Good beat, but the main sample could use some compression and gain. Drums work great, kick could go a bit deeper though.

SwayeeBoogie

Torch Bearer for Authentic Hip-Hop
@RhetroChips The second beat has a solid, decent idea, but it could use a louder kick and have the synths be quieter. I like the distorted bass later on.

@Johni Cleveland I think the first beat would work a lot better slowed down, think about 10 less BPM. The snares could be louder, but I dig the spontaneity of the live session.

@HVYW8 That track was very easy to make, found a decent loop on a corny old record and didn't even do much to it. I sequenced the main loop to play in full stereo, then made a verse sequence that only plays one of the channels (the flute, bass and guitar - no harpsichord). I also took a few more phrases to put in the background and some typical late '90s drums.

The best way to make a track sound less flat is to play with the stereo field. Leave kicks, snares and the bassline dead centre and add layers to pan, some a bit left, others a bit to the right. Also try a stereo enhancer plugin, FL comes with a good one.

@SwayeeBoogie Good beat, but the main sample could use some compression and gain. Drums work great, kick could go a bit deeper though.
@Drago Zetić Okay I'll check that out.Appreciate the feedback.

Joe

Battle Points: 1
I LOVE this beat man, its sounds real old school 90s rob/hip hop. How do you go about adding bounce/rhythm to your beats, I'm having a problem with my beats they all sound flat and dull. Any advice would be appreciated!!
@BeatMaker80 pretty dope very old school with the vibe reminds me of some EPMD like the scratches and the samples nice break beat drums good boom nap effect.

Joe

Battle Points: 1
@beatmaker I like this one better, more creative. The bass drum isnt boomy enough though, it's kind of slappy, see if you can get it to hit harder. Maybe try some automation like some filter sweeps and stuff too, add a little movement to it, but I dig the idea for sure

Let me know any technical things you guys would do different. Still trying to learn even the basics
Listen to July 28 2019 2.mp3 by Rhetro Chips on #SoundCloud

@RhetroChips is that a Synth Effect your using or a sample your using I like the way you chopped it up pretty dope. Nice keys on this too. The video game keys were of but sounded unfitting to the beat itself. Other then that was dope RnB Drake feel to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.