Showcase - December 2-8, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRIPLE EIGHT

King W
Battle Points: 5
Yooo! Posting a quick remix, and the instrumental
The song is On Sight by Tiffany Evans ft. Fetty Wap

and the instrumental, don't mind the number of plays, I got reposted on a soundcloud page full of bots somehow

hope you enjoy!

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
@2GooD Productions Man really nice work with the horns and the bass. I also like how the drums sit in the mix and not too strong gives it a nice touch.
@TRIPLE EIGHT love the remix bro! Either way it's dope with or without the vocals. Great Work!

Decided to try something different

Savoy

Whats going on good people this is my first post, really looking forward to hearing what you everyone here has put together thus far. Hopefully I can get a little feedback to progress my sound even further.

Jay-Dizzlr

Battle Points: 1
@2GooD Productions 1st beat. Thats dope Very clean, i dig it, I haven't heard any of the submissions but I'm sure your beats take you hella far. the second one is giggin, lowkey sinister, clean, I can hear it in a movie.
@TRIPLE EIGHT The sample and beat are dope, reminds me of a 9th wonder beat, something you'd just kickback and listen to get your day going.
@Matt-D Both your sample flips/remixes are dope, two different styles and alot of potential.
@Savoy Your drums are dope, the sample doesnt have to be too compressed, you got alot going on. shes a banger, but i would recommend just cleaning it up a little

I missed the days for the battle that competition, I believe I was ready for it this year, so I'll just post the beats here weekly.

WIKTO-GRIZZLY

WIKTO-GRIZZLY
Battle Points: 47
@2GooD Productions 1st beat. Thats dope Very clean, i dig it, I haven't heard any of the submissions but I'm sure your beats take you hella far. the second one is giggin, lowkey sinister, clean, I can hear it in a movie.
@TRIPLE EIGHT The sample and beat are dope, reminds me of a 9th wonder beat, something you'd just kickback and listen to get your day going.
@Matt-D Both your sample flips/remixes are dope, two different styles and alot of potential.
@Savoy Your drums are dope, the sample doesnt have to be too compressed, you got alot going on. shes a banger, but i would recommend just cleaning it up a little

I missed the days for the battle that competition, I believe I was ready for it this year, so I'll just post the beats here weekly.

Good bro sound! I liked the mix of new and old school styles.

K.D.R.

@WIKTO-GRIZZLY cool beat, additional hi hats are a bit too loud, apart from that, good! :fire:
@Jay-Dizzlr main snare is quite loud, but the drum patterns are really good. Also melody variations are dope. Bass could be more loud/present imho.

Here is my stuff below:

TRIPLE EIGHT

King W
Battle Points: 5
@Matt-D I feel like the melody is not well defined, I'd like to hear a strong melody on there. Well, you could say Travis Scoot is bringing it. But it sounds good, it got that nostalgia feeling definitely. And Thank you for the compliment!
@Jay-Dizzlr Wow, don't drag 9th Wonder's name in the mud like that lol Thank you bro! Your beat is nice and clean, kinda minimalist approach, and I like it. That being said, I feel like the melody on the "chorus" with lead synth is not on par with the rest of the beat

@K.D.R. I think the sounds are predominantly sitting in the middle of the frequency spectrum. The two main synths you have can be equed to take more advantage of the higher end that isnt being used. This will make them sound a lot brighter too. When too many things are sitting in the same frequency range it can get a bit muddy and murky. You can pan instruments too when too much is going on, pan one offending instrument left a bit and one right a bit, this provides some separation and allows each to sit better in the mix, also provides some width to the track.

@WIKTO-GRIZZLY This is really really dope, very commercial and radio ready mixwise.

@Jay-Dizzlr This is really dope, love the bass and the drums.

@Savoy. Its a dope beat, but the mix could use some work. Everything seems to be competing for headroom because there isnt enough to go around. You should mix to a lower volume and then use a limiter to bring it up once its nicely mixed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

members online