Showcase - December 24-30, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

playaKO

Hi,
I bought Maschine MK3 a couple of months ago and have been getting to know the software and all, anyways i created a couple of beats and put twitch streamer Dr.DisRespect's rap vocals in using Xtrax Stems and i think they sound good, but i might be wrong. I want to know where can i improve, do the songs sound good or am i delusional.
Thanks

Type Beats

Battle Points: 1
First of all sorry for some bad english... In dutch I can explain everything just perfect but in english sometimes I its less clear

@Marc Duncan

Porcelain
Took some time to get used to that bitter sweet symphony sample with the rest but its dope man, creative! Did you use the actual sample or did you play the notes with a sound similar to the original? Íf you used the original, you might consider playing it yourself. In that case you arnt violating the master licenses.

The side of forever
I like the melodies and choices of drums etc. However, it could use some more mixing. The melodie (the one sounding like a arpegiator) has to much high frequencies, maybe put a EQ on the track and dip the point where the hight frequencies resonate to much.
I also get the feeling the drums are kind of 'dry'.. Like you used enough reverb on you stems except for the drums.. Now it almost sounds like the drums are recorded in a different room then the rest of your beat.. I also get the feeling your snare drums lack some high frequencies, but i might just seem that way because the melodie has to much high frequencies

@tomkillsjerry

Just Lie
Dope intro, dope mix and dope choices of sounds.. Im not a fan of the kick drum you used, or the way it is mixed, I prefer it to have some more sub, but the punch in it is good and in this case its a matter of taste

Powerflex5k
Only negative thing I could say about this one is that the whole beat overal has to much high frequencies.. I guess that's because the way it's mastered, like the high shelves got boosted a lot, a bit to much in my opinion.. But again, in this case its a matter of taste

@EsquireMusic111

The beat is dope.. I hear you used some kind of vinyl crackling.. In this beat i like the vinyl crackling in the building up parts and the more quite parts.
At the transition at 1.25, something happens that really distracts me. It sounds like some kind of vinyl crackling but not in a nice way.. It almost sounds like your sending your kicks to a sendchannel with a pingpong delay and a highpass filter on it. If I was you I would consider removing or replacing it.

@Karl Sequin

Calming
Dope idea! A bit short so i cant give you feedback on the you composed it.. Something I do miss is some high hats or light percussion, could give this beat more bounce.

Creep
Dope beat again.. I would advise you to put a lowpass filter on the lead melody and automate it a little, the way it is now, its getting boring after a minute.. You could also choose to use the same midi file and use a different plug-in or preset..

Type Beats

Battle Points: 1
First of all I have to say sorry for the taggs in the beats, its the only way I can garantuee exclusivity whenever I sell somebody a beat

Karl Sequin

First of all sorry for some bad english... In dutch I can explain everything just perfect but in english sometimes I its less clear

@Marc Duncan

Porcelain
Took some time to get used to that bitter sweet symphony sample with the rest but its dope man, creative! Did you use the actual sample or did you play the notes with a sound similar to the original? Íf you used the original, you might consider playing it yourself. In that case you arnt violating the master licenses.

The side of forever
I like the melodies and choices of drums etc. However, it could use some more mixing. The melodie (the one sounding like a arpegiator) has to much high frequencies, maybe put a EQ on the track and dip the point where the hight frequencies resonate to much.
I also get the feeling the drums are kind of 'dry'.. Like you used enough reverb on you stems except for the drums.. Now it almost sounds like the drums are recorded in a different room then the rest of your beat.. I also get the feeling your snare drums lack some high frequencies, but i might just seem that way because the melodie has to much high frequencies

@tomkillsjerry

Just Lie
Dope intro, dope mix and dope choices of sounds.. Im not a fan of the kick drum you used, or the way it is mixed, I prefer it to have some more sub, but the punch in it is good and in this case its a matter of taste

Powerflex5k
Only negative thing I could say about this one is that the whole beat overal has to much high frequencies.. I guess that's because the way it's mastered, like the high shelves got boosted a lot, a bit to much in my opinion.. But again, in this case its a matter of taste

@EsquireMusic111

The beat is dope.. I hear you used some kind of vinyl crackling.. In this beat i like the vinyl crackling in the building up parts and the more quite parts.
At the transition at 1.25, something happens that really distracts me. It sounds like some kind of vinyl crackling but not in a nice way.. It almost sounds like your sending your kicks to a sendchannel with a pingpong delay and a highpass filter on it. If I was you I would consider removing or replacing it.

@Karl Sequin

Calming
Dope idea! A bit short so i cant give you feedback on the you composed it.. Something I do miss is some high hats or light percussion, could give this beat more bounce.

Creep
Dope beat again.. I would advise you to put a lowpass filter on the lead melody and automate it a little, the way it is now, its getting boring after a minute.. You could also choose to use the same midi file and use a different plug-in or preset..

Thanks man! Appreciate the breakdown very much. I’ll tag you if I make any modifications to these two!

Status
Not open for further replies.