Showcase - December 31-January 6, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Type Beats

Battle Points: 1
@EsquireMusic111

Dope beat bro! Maybe the bass could be just a little, and maybe play some more with the velocity of the hihats. But besides that I got no critics, its dope!

@TeeJay Sounds
Thanks bro, when you mentioned it I started noticing it also, will make my adjustments when it's getting used

happy new year everyone. here's a beat that I built around an 808, and I'm just looking for some feedback. more than glad to provide feedback in return.

First of all, welcome to Illmuzik. :D

And now let's move on to the beat.

This is very interesting because your beat is very minimalistic but it kept me listening without any effort. This happens rarely in my case and that means something as I'm quite fussy when it comes to rap beats. The drums are on point. Maybe snare is a little bit too dry for me. Try adding some reverb but just a little. Very smooth reverb to make it softer and make it fit better with the res of the sounds. You structured your beat in a nice way. There is easily recognisable intro, verse and so on and so forth. However, I would move the melodic part from 2:23 where you used some half time plugin to the moment when the hihats come into play in the first verse. Also this beat needs some kind of background because as I said it's very minimalistic but it can be a plus for someone. I reckon that this beat would sound very nice with the rapper on it because it creates a lot of space for a rapper to show off the skills. But... It is definitely not the beat for the beat battle. Overall, it's not bad. As I said you have potential and keep developing yourself because it's interesting. You can also make that musical minimalism one of your trademarks. The choice is yours. :D I hope my feedback is helpful for you. :)

Happy New Year fam!

Thank you for kind words about my beat. :)

Your production is very well done. The beat is structured in a very clear manner. I like those plucky sounds you used. Different types of drums that you used are also on plus (few types of hihats and open hihats). What I liked the most were transitions at 0:49 and 1:53. I think these are the strongest points in this beat. Overall, very good work. :)

CB Reelz

First of all, welcome to Illmuzik. :D

And now let's move on to the beat.

This is very interesting because your beat is very minimalistic but it kept me listening without any effort. This happens rarely in my case and that means something as I'm quite fussy when it comes to rap beats. The drums are on point. Maybe snare is a little bit too dry for me. Try adding some reverb but just a little. Very smooth reverb to make it softer and make it fit better with the res of the sounds. You structured your beat in a nice way. There is easily recognisable intro, verse and so on and so forth. However, I would move the melodic part from 2:23 where you used some half time plugin to the moment when the hihats come into play in the first verse. Also this beat needs some kind of background because as I said it's very minimalistic but it can be a plus for someone. I reckon that this beat would sound very nice with the rapper on it because it creates a lot of space for a rapper to show off the skills. But... It is definitely not the beat for the beat battle. Overall, it's not bad. As I said you have potential and keep developing yourself because it's interesting. You can also make that musical minimalism one of your trademarks. The choice is yours. :D I hope my feedback is helpful for you. :)
thanks so much for your warm welcome and descriptive feedback! this is honestly the first time i've built around an 808 primarily, so I appreciate your in depth analysis very much! i don't think i'd ever use this for the beat battle, but I do primarily make my beats to be used by rappers, so it warms my heart to hear you say that!

Type Beats

Battle Points: 1
New to this forum. Lemme know how you feel about my beat yo!

Welcome triple3! Vibe of this beat is dope but i really miss a bass, i think a low sine, or some 808s could do the trick.
Normally i would say your synth (the low one, that is playing through most parts of the beat) needs some high-pass filtering because it might mess with your bass, but since there is no clear bass.. But if you are planning to add a bassline i would advice put a highpass filter on your synths (or a eq where your cut of all the low).

Status
Not open for further replies.