Showcase - December 9-15, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

KDVS

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 85
BUTTERFLY BEATZ: This is really good. The base fits perfect in the mix for my ears, love the breakups, the paning. Really like the melody. I would love to hear some vocals on it. Good drive, still relaxingish. Great work sir!

Here is a new one. Sorry for the norwegian lyrics. :)

Battle Points: 1
@KDVS thank you much for your feedback! :) at the moment im searching hardly for an artist that wants to use the beat ..
well enogh of my stuff .. let me comment yours.

at first what are that for sounds you used in that beginning? which you placed as percussions in your mix?
they are very cool! :) i never heard something like this before. love it.

Your beat ist completly done well.. nice base, simple but effectiv melody ( keeps in my ears! :D ) and than that amazing percussion sounds .. i wish you would have had that beat for that battle that competition! :)

at the and .. you really dont need to worry about that norwegian vocals .. it sounds pretty good .. well i dont understand any word, but i like the voices and the anouncing... you got good artists for that beat! :)

That is first class producing! :)

HzBeast BLG

Battle Points: 1
@Butterfly Beatz Yo man this shit is nice. I fell like its not too much instruments over there but it sounds full and cuz of that its really pure (I dont know is pure a good word but you know what I mean). Well done homie.

@KDVS Ay man this is crayze! Bangin and really interesting. Totally not type of music I like listening to when Im listening to what I want but this is just like you just want to hear more of it! Very well done! Just like @Butterfly Beatz said u dont need to worry about the fact that vocals are norwegian, its cool as fuck for me.

Check ma shit out!

Koey

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 24

@BUTTERFLY - Not fan of that synth sound. Mix is real heavy. The instrumentation and everything works well together but that synth sound isn't doing it for me. The snares a lil thin sounding too. Other than that decent stuff.

@KDVS - Whatever that sound is is heavy lol I like it. Where's the drums? Something hard hitting would go so well with this. Digging this though.

@HzBeast - This is different. Not really along my line of tastes so I can't really say much except for the mix sounds good lol.

KDVS

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 85
@HzBeast BLG: i like the theme here. Digging that "RingBass" synth that goes thru the whole song. I feel i get to come along on a journey here. The lovely piano and pad parts, great. Would love to get the piano up a notch if I'm going to say anything. Great work!!

@Kohie: Nice chopped and played. Chill vibe, the melody is nice, like how it goes all the way up before the break.

@Butterfly Beatz: Hey, fantastic you liked the sounds. The sounds in the beginning is some toys my kid got, i recorded them and a Zippo lighter/spray can. :) All sounds on this song is from a kit i just finished whit a friend of mine, PERFH KIT VOLUME ONE, coming soon. PM me sir and i can send you a link whit a sample of these sounds if you want. :) Oh, and its my girl and me on the vocals. Again, thank u.

The feedback here is very good for me guys, thank you very much.

iLL ThoughT

@Kohie This beat is tight as hell! proper head nodder... maybe add a slight delays in the chopped parts, just every so slightly.

@HzBeast BLG That crescendo! Like the snare... a lot.

@KDVS Bass is crazy, maybe a tighter fuller snare? perhaps blend a rim shot in... just an opinion.

@Butterfly Beatz Piano melody is nice but sounds a little unnatural as in the sound of it... like the kick and snare

@JustRipe Sample made me screw face ALOT! Nice snare, panning the sample is a nice touch too.

Not really used to giving in depth feedback, usually it's just a couple of things opinion based.
The more I listen though the more I'll add.

The first beat I've made in about 8 months...

Last edited:

JustRipe

Analog Architect
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 75
@Butterfly Beatz this is dope really like the rhythm to it, i think the horns maybe or whatever that sound is coulda been mixed a little different to kinda ease it up a lil im not sure what to do to do that but thats all i have to criticize in my opinion anyways, nice beat.
@KDVS this is crazy funky, real dope norwegian or not lol. i was waiting for some heavy kicks and a nice beat to drop in but even just chill the way it is is great, dope shit.
@HzBeast BLG that bass is crazy dope, im digging this the mix too real thick to me i like it, haha cant get over that sliding bass or whatever it is real dope man.
@Kohie really feelin this, heard a few parts where the swing on the kick threw me off a bit but besides that this is a real dope beat, that breakdown with the piano is real nice.
@iLL ThoughT feelin it, but i agree with Kohie the snare coulda been different, but still nice beat the play with those little string toggles and the horns together is great, nice melody.

heres mine....

Battle Points: 309
@Butterfly Beatz this is dope really like the rhythm to it, i think the horns maybe or whatever that sound is coulda been mixed a little different to kinda ease it up a lil im not sure what to do to do that but thats all i have to criticize in my opinion anyways, nice beat.
@KDVS this is crazy funky, real dope norwegian or not lol. i was waiting for some heavy kicks and a nice beat to drop in but even just chill the way it is is great, dope shit.
@HzBeast BLG that bass is crazy dope, im digging this the mix too real thick to me i like it, haha cant get over that sliding bass or whatever it is real dope man.
@Kohie really feelin this, heard a few parts where the swing on the kick threw me off a bit but besides that this is a real dope beat, that breakdown with the piano is real nice.
@iLL ThoughT feelin it, but i agree with Kohie the snare coulda been different, but still nice beat the play with those little string toggles and the horns together is great, nice melody.

heres mine....

Awesome drum work fam ! Lovin that dark vibe !

JustRipe

Analog Architect
ill o.g.
thanks yo, lol its just a drum break though hardly even chopped it but i had it going before i startded diggin for sounds, it fit so well i didnt wana kill that rythm and feel i had built it all off of.
man ur mixes are so fat, i dont even know hwo to criticize ur stuff haha sounded perfect @Andrei Claudiu

Phreeze

Stupa Hero
ill o.g.
Caveat to all of this, listening to computer speakers and not routed through monitors and am not going to comment on the mix.

@Butterfly Beatz - I would really love some expansive depth and breath with those synths. (I'm thinking octaves with different synth leads and depending on number layers, try as wide a pan as possible L-C-R or L-LC-C-RC-R. The drum fill breakdowns are fun. I like it alot.

@KDVS - I'm very intrigued by the percussive elements in this beat.

@HzBeast BLG - This feels like a bouncy trap beat, a quite "pop-py"/crossover main motif. I like it.

@Kohie - Very interesting samples - love them.

@iLL ThoughT - Nice track, I don't think I'm a huge fan of the kick though.

@JustRipe - Sexy mysterious strings - makes me think early RZA with Method Man rhyming on the track. A candidate for an "All I Need" remix?

@Andrei Claudiu - I don't think there's much I can say on this - very nice.

This is me:

Nothing here yet.
Nothing here yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

JustRipe

Analog Architect
ill o.g.
@Phreeze - Zoom- sorry i listened at work and only had ear buds but this sounded dope, like some carnival music samples or something lol, it did kinda sound like the hi hat was panned to one side a little, but dope beat overall man.
Slap- ha with that vocal intro i expected something super crazy to come in, but then it just was real mellow, dope. 5 finga slap haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online