Showcase - February 11-17, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reddix

@Matt-D about your remixes. It does all work, fits in, sounds complete if you will. But i must say that i'm not totally feeling it, not because it doesn't work but it's probably a matter of taste. Just my honest opinion ;)

I'll be the second person to drop a beat in this new showcase!

It's a trap beat with a hard 808 and some melody.
Curious to know if you guys like it!

PhatRipz

Battle Points: 13
@Reddix I like this a lot especially the 808s.The only thing I might suggest is a less punchy kick and maybe a little more variety in some places.

I just posted a beat where I tried to use some hard 808s, but it's a little more on the chill side, I think it'd fit well for someone like Frank Ocean or J. Cole.
lmk how it sounds!

@Matt-D i really liked the maroon 5 joint. how you managed to blend the vocals so perfectly? i always had trouble syncing full acapellas even when i had the same bpm. my only remark is the snare, i personally would prefer something clappier. awesome job nonetheless.
@Reddix i like the 808's and overall feel of the track but that type of melody and that synth are so overused in the past decade that i feel i heard this same track thousands of times before. if your new to this i get it, you make sounds that you like and know, but in my opinion you should start exploring more and at least be creative with familiar sounds to create something fresh(ier). keep grinding, you'll be fine :)
@PhatRipz nice dark mood. i like the progression and that little vocal chops or what. good job.

ok I haven't done this in a while but here's my joint

Reddix

@Matt-D , @PhatRipz . Thanks for listening and giving feedback, much appreciated ;)

@oninkaf . also thanks ;). About your track. The first i part i find a little to busy. to much going on for my taste. but then from 01:25.. Damn i'm feeling that vibe! very nice.

Ways

@Reddix I like this a lot especially the 808s.The only thing I might suggest is a less punchy kick and maybe a little more variety in some places.

I just posted a beat where I tried to use some hard 808s, but it's a little more on the chill side, I think it'd fit well for someone like Frank Ocean or J. Cole.
lmk how it sounds!

Solid! Definitely gives a j cole vibe imo, really chill beat. love the 808

wut up!! been awhile guess i'll kick it off for the week. @Fade hope everything is going good.

I like the remix, they both sound really good, not my type. but im digging it none the less
@Matt-D nice but in my opinion low quality sound in remix of Maroon 5
@Reddix you left so much space in your work, it could be more complex in my opinion

Solid melody. I love the drums and what you did with the hat, it gives off a really nice vibe

Ways

this is a beat i made when i couldn't sleep, hence the name ;) ahaha to me it feels like an nf or witt type beat. I didn't make it with that intention but I realized when i was mixing. let me know what you think! Thanks

VCFan1001

Just tried to put together a 4 bar loop on my XL I've been making beats for less than a year
I like how it sounds but I'm willing to take criticism from everyone so I can improve.

@VCFan1001 I'm digging that soul, those are nice samples. I'd say maybe make them carry over into the next part of the melody during certain parts, playing with different lengths and dynamics. I love that NY Hip-Hop vibe tho

VCFan1001

@VCFan1001 I'm digging that soul, those are nice samples. I'd say maybe make them carry over into the next part of the melody during certain parts, playing with different lengths and dynamics. I love that NY Hip-Hop vibe tho
Appreciate it bro I'll work on that. Also, I will keep what you said in mind when making beats, and I checked out your
beat it sounds super clean really like it.

Give me feed back on the best ones.

Inspired by the influences of Pete Rock, J-Dilla, DJ Premier, RZA, 9th Wonder and Nujabes. Shout outs to Boonie Mayfield.
I was originally struck to do this when I was checking out the chillhop and chilledcow channels.

I made these on my downtime in FL Studio 4.

VCFan1001

Give me feed back on the best ones.

Inspired by the influences of Pete Rock, J-Dilla, DJ Premier, RZA, 9th Wonder and Nujabes. Shout outs to Boonie Mayfield.
I was originally struck to do this when I was checking out the chillhop and chilledcow channels.

I made these on my downtime in FL Studio 4.
I really like Gates Open Crossed Roads and N The Projects Typav ChillLoFi
I noticed the dilla influence on the first beat really liked it has some kina spacey vibe to it. Also,your beats also sound real clean something I need to really work on... just here making 4 bar loops on my mpc lmao
I have similar influences mine are:
Dilla
9th Wonder
Grap Luva
Pete Roc
Dubs Banger
Just keep at it you'll keep improving with time.
N The Projects Typav ChillLoFi sounds real nice actually bumping it atm lol I like the drum pattern on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online