Showcase - February 16-22, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bugsy

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 206
My most recent beat.
Let me know what you all think of it

This is a good beat, but 4 mins of the same thing is pretty much too long...might i suggest keeping it to 2 mins? or like @Blackbird Beats said, make a couple of change ups during the beat for it not to be repetitive..

Edit: I can hear it now. Nice Beat but it is becoming a bit repetitive over time. i would have enjoyed some more changes in melody and extra instruments.

Sadly not available so I can't give feedback :/ Anyways, check out this very deep beat i made with a friend of mine:

I like your style and how you mixed everything, but i think the low end is a bit too much? just something you might want to look into as the other sounds are drowning. other than that it sounds good to me.

Here is one that i made recently hopefully you guys like it..comments and suggestions are always welcomed..

peace!

A

ABSEED

This is a good beat, but 4 mins of the same thing is pretty much too long...might i suggest keeping it to 2 mins? or like @Blackbird Beats said, make a couple of change ups during the beat for it not to be repetitive..

I like your style and how you mixed everything, but i think the low end is a bit too much? just something you might want to look into as the other sounds are drowning. other than that it sounds good to me.

Here is one that i made recently hopefully you guys like it..comments and suggestions are always welcomed..

peace!

wow i really like the way it comes all together. Dope!

check out this one :)

I-One Beats

My most recent beat.

I think a variation would make this beat more interesting, the melody is kind of static... it happens not much in this beat.
Try to add some reverb on the clap, to make it sound bigger... and play with the baselines.
Overall not bad Beat, but i miss something special

Edit: I can hear it now. Nice Beat but it is becoming a bit repetitive over time. i would have enjoyed some more changes in melody and extra instruments.

Sadly not available so I can't give feedback :/ Anyways, check out this very deep beat i made with a friend of mine:

Its an interesting Beat i think, unusual.. i cant say its oldschool but neither not what i hear a lot today.
I like the mix, but the drums dont fit in my opinion, especially the crash... its too loud.

peace!

For me the beat sounds like a beat for a mixtape, not a beat for an album.
I miss something special about it
The drums are very dirty, maybe its the style.
But the idea is not bad

wow i really like the way it comes all together. Dope!

check out this one :)

I like the energy of this beat, but im honest , the drums sounds like a beat from 2001 or something.

Here is my latest Beat,
i appreciate every feedback

Last edited by a moderator:

TheRealAGE

I think a variation would make this beat more interesting, the melody is kind of static... it happens not much in this beat.
Try to add some reverb on the clap, to make it sound bigger... and play with the baselines.
Overall not bad Beat, but i miss something special

Its an interesting Beat i think, unusual.. i cant say its oldschool but neither not what i hear a lot today.
I like the mix, but the drums dont fit in my opinion, especially the crash... its too loud.

For me the beat sounds like a beat for a mixtape, not a beat for an album.
I miss something special about it
The drums are very dirty, maybe its the style.
But the idea is not bad

I like the energy of this beat, but im honest , the drums sounds like a beat from 2001 or something.

Here is my latest Beat,
i appreciate every feedback

I like the intro build up but you should have dropped into to the hook right after that build and bring in all your sounds and percussion!! Also maybe try a slapping snare in place of the clap!! Might sound nicer in my opinion!! But that beat has alot of potential. Reminded me of some Kush & OJ WIZ type shit.

Here is my latest beat. Old School Kanye Feel

Easez

My most recent beat.

You have a good beat, but like you need some variation in your beats, and you might also want to keep your beats to around 3 minutes to 3.30 minutes, thats the ideal length.

And now to my beat, i have 2 more beats on my channel, both hip hop and rnb..ish

You have a good beat, but like you need some variation in your beats, and you might also want to keep your beats to around 3 minutes to 3.30 minutes, thats the ideal length.

And now to my beat, i have 2 more beats on my channel, both hip hop and rnb..ish

First foremost, I would like to thank everyone for their feedback on the beat I posted. I can understand by all means of what you guys pointed out, I guess the thing is I have trouble with adding an instrument in that will sound ideal for the sound I already have going. It may just be my lack of VST's and Samples. But for Easez, I like what you posted. I listened to it twice already. I have to ask, was that a VST Guitar, or LI (Live Instrument)?

Here is something I was working on, while working on the last beat I posted, I took your advice on variation, I added a bit to it, but over the 3 verse sections, its the same. I assume I could have maybe done some more switch ups. I only got into the Beat Making scene, about 2 years ago. So I am still pretty new to this, but I hope to improve.

I don't know which one I like better out of the two I posted. Maybe you guys can give me some of your thoughts.

Easez

First foremost, I would like to thank everyone for their feedback on the beat I posted. I can understand by all means of what you guys pointed out, I guess the thing is I have trouble with adding an instrument in that will sound ideal for the sound I already have going. It may just be my lack of VST's and Samples. But for Easez, I like what you posted. I listened to it twice already. I have to ask, was that a VST Guitar, or LI (Live Instrument)?

Here is something I was working on, while working on the last beat I posted, I took your advice on variation, I added a bit to it, but over the 3 verse sections, its the same. I assume I could have maybe done some more switch ups. I only got into the Beat Making scene, about 2 years ago. So I am still pretty new to this, but I hope to improve.

I don't know which one I like better out of the two I posted. Maybe you guys can give me some of your thoughts.

What i like to do is make a prechorus, my verses are usually 16 bars long, so after 8 bars i make a prechorus leading up to the main chorus, its just there to add some spice to the song as a whole, and to build suspension, and one thing i do sometimes is i just mute the drums, or sometimes the entire song, for just a second or 2, it creates a cool effect that the one that uses your beat later can incorporate in their song, you can do much more then what i mentioned of course, but you get the idea at least, let your imagination flow, its all about babysteps, dont rush it, you will learn in due time.

Heres a hiphop beat i made myself not to long ago, feel free to get some ideas from that, and gimme you opinion at the same time :)

Oh and P.S, that guitar is a plugin ^^

khailel

Battle Points: 18
I like the intro build up but you should have dropped into to the hook right after that build and bring in all your sounds and percussion!! Also maybe try a slapping snare in place of the clap!! Might sound nicer in my opinion!! But that beat has alot of potential. Reminded me of some Kush & OJ WIZ type shit.

Here is my latest beat. Old School Kanye Feel

Youre right about that kanye feel. Probably something Kanye, or the old Kanye, would be proud of.

What i like to do is make a prechorus, my verses are usually 16 bars long, so after 8 bars i make a prechorus leading up to the main chorus, its just there to add some spice to the song as a whole, and to build suspension, and one thing i do sometimes is i just mute the drums, or sometimes the entire song, for just a second or 2, it creates a cool effect that the one that uses your beat later can incorporate in their song, you can do much more then what i mentioned of course, but you get the idea at least, let your imagination flow, its all about babysteps, dont rush it, you will learn in due time.

Heres a hiphop beat i made myself not to long ago, feel free to get some ideas from that, and gimme you opinion at the same time :)

Oh and P.S, that guitar is a plugin ^^

I like that electric guitar in that beat. I want to put electric guitar in this beat that I made. Just finished it.
http://mfi.re/listen/661g4widhsjddr9/beat_18.mp3

Feel free to give suggestions, comment, and if its alright with Fade, see if you can name the samples I put in it.

Easez

Youre right about that kanye feel. Probably something Kanye, or the old Kanye, would be proud of.

I like that electric guitar in that beat. I want to put electric guitar in this beat that I made. Just finished it.

Feel free to give suggestions, comment, and if its alright with Fade, see if you can name the samples I put in it.
Cool

If you want an electric guitar in that beat, i would put it in the chorus, just a simple riff, want me to give it a try?

khailel

Battle Points: 18
Cool

If you want an electric guitar in that beat, i would put it in the chorus, just a simple riff, want me to give it a try?

Of course man. I use Audacity for beats so i don't have the built-in sounds like Fl and Reason does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online