Showcase - February 27 - March 5, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Miles

@Matt-D nice sampling bro the groove of the drums is dope as well nice one!

@Marc Duncan this is hard really euphoric with the synths and choirs sounds really epic, like the variation at the end when the beat considerably changes!

My beat this week is some funky RnB sampling!

MartiS

@Marc Duncan
Man, it can be nice, but the mix is awful. Look at the dynamics.. Work on the mix and change compressor settings in master.

@Matt-D

What a vibes man! That's really greaat, i love the sample but in my opinion u should decrease lower frequency on it. I like percussion, nice kick. Good job.

@arta

Good job man. For me it's better first beat. Second one is like for The Weekend haha, nice. I like the mix, but the main sample in first beat is a little too loud. Keep it up

I made drake type beat haha, I hope u like it. It's simple, but I wanted it. Enjoy.

Hadoq

Producing weird shit since 2002
@Marc Duncan
I like what you did with the filters, very bold, sometimes a litte too bold maybe, but still, creative. Not a big fan of the loop, it does get repetitive. Mixing and sound are great too !

@Matt-D
Hell yeah! the groove on that is immense, love the bass too, great variations, powerful sound, great chopping, very very nice track !

@arta
music is interesting, but there's work to be done in mixing here, give the whole thing some space, and also, I think you should work on your synth patch furthermore, in order to get them to move, breathe, live and be less static in general. I like the ideas you're having tho.

The 2nd one sounds better but I like the music of the 1st one better

@BeatsByBlack
not a big fan of the beat you posted, it sounds ok but not very original to me (which doesn't have to be a bad thing)

@tumenBeats
nice powerful stuff there, not much to say, but it sounds pretty cool

@Dan Miles
got me at the intro, classic stuff here, very soulful track

@MartiS
really enjoying the groove on that one, filtered samples, this is a pretty cool track man, keep em coming <3

@KuboBeats
not a big fan, lots of this kind of music around these days, sorry.
If you're starting out, it's not bad, you can put some stuff together, keep at it ;)

@TheWorkingMan
nice kick man ;) well put together, a bit repetitive, but very nice groove you got going there

@DEEZ BEATZ
a little too centered, the music is pretty cool but definitely work on your mix and panning ;) I like how you sequenced and arranged the whole thing, but some of the sounds are still a bit weak and static.

Here are my beats for this week, a couple of laidback instrumentals

@Marc Duncan
I like what you did with the filters, very bold, sometimes a litte too bold maybe, but still, creative. Not a big fan of the loop, it does get repetitive. Mixing and sound are great too !

@Matt-D
Hell yeah! the groove on that is immense, love the bass too, great variations, powerful sound, great chopping, very very nice track !

@arta
music is interesting, but there's work to be done in mixing here, give the whole thing some space, and also, I think you should work on your synth patch furthermore, in order to get them to move, breathe, live and be less static in general. I like the ideas you're having tho.

The 2nd one sounds better but I like the music of the 1st one better

@BeatsByBlack
not a big fan of the beat you posted, it sounds ok but not very original to me (which doesn't have to be a bad thing)

@tumenBeats
nice powerful stuff there, not much to say, but it sounds pretty cool

@Dan Miles
got me at the intro, classic stuff here, very soulful track

@MartiS
really enjoying the groove on that one, filtered samples, this is a pretty cool track man, keep em coming <3

@KuboBeats
not a big fan, lots of this kind of music around these days, sorry.
If you're starting out, it's not bad, you can put some stuff together, keep at it ;)

@TheWorkingMan
nice kick man ;) well put together, a bit repetitive, but very nice groove you got going there

@DEEZ BEATZ
a little too centered, the music is pretty cool but definitely work on your mix and panning ;) I like how you sequenced and arranged the whole thing, but some of the sounds are still a bit weak and static.

Here are my beats for this week, a couple of laidback instrumentals

@hardoq...not bad, your sound is interesting but your mix is a little overbearing with some of your sounds in the background. it's a little wavery, like you concentrated more on your bass sound than any other sounds on the track. 1 half is at a normal level and the 2nd half of your track is loud..like you put 2 different tracks together and forgot to level them off...but overall they both are really cool sounds. good work

J

Jija45

@Marc Duncan
Like the sound of this beat tbh, it definitely has an old school Future vibe to it (like when he used to rap) I espeically liked when you have the breakdowns like the bells at the 2 minute mark. Freaking dope.

@Matt-D
Nice usage of that sample. This definitely gives me an underground hip hop type feel.

@arta
I prefer the 2nd one. The 1st one tended to drag on for a tad with no real change up in the beat. I feel like both of these tracks can pop more with a less stock sounding drums. Other than that, the potential I see in these 2 (especially the 2nd one) is very good

@BeatsByBlack
Young Jeezy would kill this kinda shit. Love those horn sounds. Very vintage 2000s trap sound even to the organs. Good job.

@tumenBeats
Like the old school feel of the rhythm on this beat. The way you chopped up the sample was also very tasteful. Also loooooooooved that string sample in the background.

@Dan Miles
Ayyyyye I recognize that sample from Nxworries using it. Shit is nice how you turned it into a trap type song. Your 808s sound clean af.

@MartiS
I like this beat, it's mellow but it still got a bounce to it. Definitely some banger potential but I feel that you could have a bigger bass sound in there or just something with more of a presence from that end. That's my own personal critique but otherwise, nice work

@KuboBeats
Considering you "new" to this, this is a pretty amazing job. Love the little piano/synth melody you got there and that 808 bassline is a fucking problem (in a good way lol).

@TheWorkingMan
Like your take on this musically. It changes the vibe of it a bit into a more menacing kinda feel with the bell melody you have there. Everything else from the drumwork to the hi hats and the snare rolls are muy fuego. Good work. :)

@DEEZ BEATZ
I like the sound of your kicks, and that guitar that comes in during the hook is infectious. Nice melody with the synth you got going throughout the beat, it's very catchy.

@Hadoq
I like the ethereal vibe you got going on through both beats. They each kinda give me a feel of ease but with different ways. Like the 1st one kind of has that trap sound but it's not really anything like trap, it got those ambient sounds going throughout the beat which is a nice breath of fresh air. And I like the intricate nature of the 2nd one with the different percussion/snare sounds you had going along with the synth/bell sounds throughout the whole beat. And then the snare drops it's like (wooooooo). Nice freaking work man.

@111_H_111
Whoa! Love the atmosphere with the beginning and that keyboard being played. All in all this is just a beautiful beat. The drums give this a real underground hip hop vibe but the music along with the bass and the sax show me anything but. Good work on this one for reals.

My 2 joints for the thread :)

[soundcloud] hardest beat of 2k17

[soundcloud] first single off a mixtape I dropped recently :]

@Marc Duncan
Like the sound of this beat tbh, it definitely has an old school Future vibe to it (like when he used to rap) I espeically liked when you have the breakdowns like the bells at the 2 minute mark. Freaking dope.

@Matt-D
Nice usage of that sample. This definitely gives me an underground hip hop type feel.

@arta
I prefer the 2nd one. The 1st one tended to drag on for a tad with no real change up in the beat. I feel like both of these tracks can pop more with a less stock sounding drums. Other than that, the potential I see in these 2 (especially the 2nd one) is very good

@BeatsByBlack
Young Jeezy would kill this kinda shit. Love those horn sounds. Very vintage 2000s trap sound even to the organs. Good job.

@tumenBeats
Like the old school feel of the rhythm on this beat. The way you chopped up the sample was also very tasteful. Also loooooooooved that string sample in the background.

@Dan Miles
Ayyyyye I recognize that sample from Nxworries using it. Shit is nice how you turned it into a trap type song. Your 808s sound clean af.

@MartiS
I like this beat, it's mellow but it still got a bounce to it. Definitely some banger potential but I feel that you could have a bigger bass sound in there or just something with more of a presence from that end. That's my own personal critique but otherwise, nice work

@KuboBeats
Considering you "new" to this, this is a pretty amazing job. Love the little piano/synth melody you got there and that 808 bassline is a fucking problem (in a good way lol).

@TheWorkingMan
Like your take on this musically. It changes the vibe of it a bit into a more menacing kinda feel with the bell melody you have there. Everything else from the drumwork to the hi hats and the snare rolls are muy fuego. Good work. :)

@DEEZ BEATZ
I like the sound of your kicks, and that guitar that comes in during the hook is infectious. Nice melody with the synth you got going throughout the beat, it's very catchy.

@Hadoq
I like the ethereal vibe you got going on through both beats. They each kinda give me a feel of ease but with different ways. Like the 1st one kind of has that trap sound but it's not really anything like trap, it got those ambient sounds going throughout the beat which is a nice breath of fresh air. And I like the intricate nature of the 2nd one with the different percussion/snare sounds you had going along with the synth/bell sounds throughout the whole beat. And then the snare drops it's like (wooooooo). Nice freaking work man.

@111_H_111
Whoa! Love the atmosphere with the beginning and that keyboard being played. All in all this is just a beautiful beat. The drums give this a real underground hip hop vibe but the music along with the bass and the sax show me anything but. Good work on this one for reals.

My 2 joints for the thread :)

[soundcloud] hardest beat of 2k17

[soundcloud] first single off a mixtape I dropped recently :]

@Jija45..i love both tracks...the first track is crazy smooth. Love that intro. And the 2nd track is dope 4 sure, love the lyrics and the hook...and the beat is Hella smooth. Keep bangin'

Hadoq

Producing weird shit since 2002
@Jija45
ain't playin
wow weird intro, very long but it isn't an issue
when the beat drops that thing gets intense, wow, killer bassline, soulful break, dope voice samples, I'm in love with that track

we gon shine
again, dope, oldschool soulful vibe, very well executed

great stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online