Showcase - February 29 - March 6, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

saaid

PurpleCrow
@Dob loving the chill vibes puts me in a relaxing good mood, nice mixing but overall a little repetitive.

@Solo nice work both beats both sound really great.

@Marc Duncan i like both beats but think you need to work on your mixing, i like the tone of the first one but some sounds are a little too loud and the second one is better mixed and smoother but less interesting.

Solo

Battle Points: 2
@Dob This is real smooth. That vocal sample fits just right. Nice work overall.
@saaid Drums are dope on both tracks. But they need more punch to them imo.
@S3oulC1ty Nice sample choice & chops. The mixing needs some work tho
@KZA Dope melody. Dope bassline. The kick sounds a bit off to me. Other than that this is chill as hell.
@Klypse Nice flip. Dope drums and bassline.

dot.

@Solo 'Your Song' sounds really fresh. I'm keeping an eye on your Soundcloud brother.
@Dob Good vibes, i see this being on my playlist. Good job!
@Marc Duncan the drums seem to be on point, as others have noted. I do, however, think the tracks are missing something. Particularly the 2nd one: personally I would prefer a more distinctive melody, as I believe it would make the track stand out more.
@saaid I like the beats man, sound good!
@KZA I'm a sucker for beats accompanied by a nice sounding melody- your beat won me over. Keep up the good work!
@Klypse Sounds very chill. Plain and simple - Very nice!

I'm new to making beats so don't hold back! The only way to get better is to identify flaws and work on them amirite? :)

Solo

Battle Points: 2
@dot. Oh my! This is nice. Don't stop making beats man. Work on your mixing tho, i believe your kick and bass are causing some clipping. Try sidechaining your kick and bass. Take out those high frequencies in the bass, and maybe some of the low in your kick.

KZA

Prada Don
@dot. Really dope one, drums feel dirty but it fits the vibe. Although as @Solo has mentioned already, your kick and bass are causing some clipping but really nice chopping on the samples.

Thank y'all for the feedback. Really motivating to read something like that on here.

River Cruz

Battle Points: 6
@dot. Bro, that joint was incredible. The way the drums dropped got me going and the pattern is classic. The guitar sample is sick as fuck also man. For being new to making beats, that was incredible.
@Klypse The chops are dope bro and the drums are smooth. however i feel like its missing something to really take it over the top.
@KZA Smooth as hell dawg, a real dope story could be told over that. I feel like maybe a low synth or maybe some vinyl crackle under the main melody would really give it that full sound, other than that it was dope as hell
@Solo The chops are incredible and the way you switch up is truly classic man however you gotta bring the volume on those samples up man, those shits are too hard to not be heard, also you need a bassline to really give it that oomph. Once you tweak those things out that VOICES track is gonna be a fucking classic. The second is pretty tight. Your chops are really on point.

Man there's some crazy chops this week really sounding good especially that joint from DOT I tried to get a melody going between the vocals and the other instruments this week here it go:

ColeSllaw

ColeSllaw
Battle Points: 17
@elvisvsdcsniper yo this is fresh, I really dig the drums you have going there they bounce so well with the sample. Keep up the good work

This is the first one Ive made with my new equipment and software, tell me what you think

saaid

PurpleCrow
@elvisvsdcsniper good beats love the backsing sounds and very smooth, nothing wrong with drums but just dont think goes well this the rest of the beats and a little repetitive but i really like the general tone of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online