Showcase - February 3-9, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kus

Battle Points: 13
@General Audio: I like the sample choice and the arrangement, but there are a few bad cuts on a couple chops, the "whoa" vocal sample in-particular, the drums set a nice groove but they get lost in the samples at some points and could used mixed a bit better so they stand out more, filtering the lows out of the hat, etc...overall think it is has a nice feel to it, biggest thing just needs a better mix

KDVS

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 85
Here is the right link:
KDVS - Du Brekker Meg Ned Ft. 7RZN, Adrian Laham

Translation: You Break Me Down, But If You Want, Then You Do That. :))

Last edited:

wrightboy

Formally Finnigan
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
@General Audio - i agree that the chops need to be cleaned up a little more. overall, i'm feeling it though
@KDVS - like always, i never know what's being said, but i always appreciate your tracks. nice work.

i'm working on a mixtape of sampled tracks with an artist friend of mine. problem is, i'm not really a sampler. don't have the skill set for it, so i'm just working on beats. working on a batch now. here is one of those beats.

KDVS

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 85
@wrightboy : Yeah, this is really nice. The stabs are perfect, love the swing on it. Looking forward to the finnished product. // IT-Man and YODO are two other great tracks. Skills...

Heez Magnif

ill o.g.
Disclaimer: All thoughts are purely my opinion & subjective to my own personal taste in music, so as in with any feedback/criticism take it with a grain of salt... because really, who the fuck am i?? I don't know your artistic vision.

I agree with it needing a little more mixing & some parts of the chop arrangement don't flow well to my ear, only like a short portion though. Good job.

Here is the right link:
KDVS - Du Brekker Meg Ned Ft. 7RZN, Adrian Laham

Translation: You Break Me Down, But If You Want, Then You Do That. :))

the track is really musical & I dig it, maybe a different snare sound? Good work.

I would do more obvious change ups to keep it from being too repetitive & kick it up a notch in mixing. You could really make this joint knock.

I would change the hats and make them more on beat than now, it takes me out of the flow of the track.

My track:

Slight48

@Heez Magnif - I really like your beat. its smooth and it sounds good! The drums fit well! Good job

@wrightboy - it sounds good but I would add some more elements to make it sound less repetitive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.