Showcase - February 8-14, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweltobeats

Battle Points: 2
@Erik The idea is nice, but you should develop it better because it is too minimal IMO.
Why don't you add some instruments, maybe some strings to construct a refrain?
You can do a lot of things with this mood.
I'm not a fan of this kind of snare, I think that you need something fatter with this mood.
I like the intro with the Eq filtered part.

Here is mine

@Erik I personally think you don't have to change anything! It's a beat that desperately needs some spit over it and when you have someone over, I would just change the pace a bit here and there and that's it, maybe bring up the pitch of the main synth when some kind of chorus drops. great work!
@sweltobeats awesome beat man! and so well produced, everything is very clean and crisp. Only thing I would add is some extra hats I dunno I just like hats :)
@Dnz The Mnc "Things" a very original beat and very bold. One thing I mind is that congo sound or whatever, it's nice but I would bring it down a bit and also would give some air in the beat without it. all in all very nice work.

@tomkillsjerry as usual, pure fire from you. I don't even know how would my opinion even hold some weight on this. I also think you're one of the most talented artists here. I like your style since "Think Back," that's still one of my favs from you. keep burning!

and here's mine:

sweltobeats

@Dnz The Mnc "Things": I like the main idea and the sample sound of drums, but the pattern of drum is too much confusing IMO. Groove is too strange and maybe you have used too much drum sample sound.
"Dreams": I like the atmosphere but not the kick. Nice the idea to insert some looped vocals on the track, it gives a good energy.

@tomkillsjerry Original sound man. I think that it is hard to put a rap verse on this beat. Apart from the mix, everything works.

@oninkaf The drum should sound louder, maybe the intro part is too long. I apprecciate the concept and the general atmosphere but I don't like that keys that appear and disappear on the beat too much irregulary. I think that is not easy to put some rap inside this beat because of the structure of the beat.

@KZA my favourite beat on this thread atm. I think that you could turn down a little bit the sounds to give more presence to the 808..

Reactions: KZA
I

ILL NOIZZ

@KZA your beat is hard af, but I would have used a different snare. Other than that the beat is dope.

Reactions: KZA

littahwoo

Yo guys, what do you think of this beat?
Peace

@KZA your beat is hard af, but I would have used a different snare. Other than that the beat is dope.

This is dope man, but you should add other chords for more variations

Last edited by a moderator:

Slag prod.

@sweltobeats Yo this one is dope! All tho, I think those hats are a bit too loud! But it is just a minor thing tho, overall this one is really pro-quality! Nice job!

@Dnz The Mnc That "Things" wasn't mixed too good. I think that bass was way too loud, and that flute could have used some color on it. It has good ideas tho, nice sampling! On the other hand that "Dream" beat was really nice! I like that atmosphere, that vinyl noise on the background gives nice vibe! That snare is just a bit too loud. everything else thos is really working for me!

@tomkillsjerry Not bad! Really intense! I like the mix you did. This one has a good overall balance. You also have really pro quality sounds, starting from those drums. Like @oninkaf said, I don't even know how would my opinion even hold some weight on this.

@oninkaf Nice vibe! this one really took me somewhere, with those bells and female vocals. I think that those bells are a bit too loud if someone should rap on this.... also those hats are just a bit too loud compared to snare for example. I think that snare should always hit harder than hats, but maybe you just wanted to go with a different approach here. Anyway you have a good arrangement here! Overall really nice beat, just my kinda of music!

@Brandon Light There is some cliche sounds for me, but you used them well. It has a nice groove, but it could use some pads or something on the background. At the moment whole beat feels a bit "empty". Keep doing your thing, and it will come!

Like you guys know, I'll keep close eye on this thread, and will give proper feedback! Check my beat, which I sampled from really popular Finnish pop track. Let's help each other out with this showcase. I'm here to learn!

@sweltobeats Yo this one is dope! All tho, I think those hats are a bit too loud! But it is just a minor thing tho, overall this one is really pro-quality! Nice job!

@Dnz The Mnc That "Things" wasn't mixed too good. I think that bass was way too loud, and that flute could have used some color on it. It has good ideas tho, nice sampling! On the other hand that "Dream" beat was really nice! I like that atmosphere, that vinyl noise on the background gives nice vibe! That snare is just a bit too loud. everything else thos is really working for me!

@tomkillsjerry Not bad! Really intense! I like the mix you did. This one has a good overall balance. You also have really pro quality sounds, starting from those drums. Like @oninkaf said, I don't even know how would my opinion even hold some weight on this.

@oninkaf Nice vibe! this one really took me somewhere, with those bells and female vocals. I think that those bells are a bit too loud if someone should rap on this.... also those hats are just a bit too loud compared to snare for example. I think that snare should always hit harder than hats, but maybe you just wanted to go with a different approach here. Anyway you have a good arrangement here! Overall really nice beat, just my kinda of music!

@Brandon Light There is some cliche sounds for me, but you used them well. It has a nice groove, but it could use some pads or something on the background. At the moment whole beat feels a bit "empty". Keep doing your thing, and it will come!

Like you guys know, I'll keep close eye on this thread, and will give proper feedback! Check my beat, which I sampled from really popular Finnish pop track. Let's help each other out with this showcase. I'm here to learn!

that's a REALLY nice beat! :) I like the way you sampled it and those chopped up vocals are on point! And I see that you have the same problem as me, the bass line. When I don't know how to arrange it I just let it rip continuously through the beat. but hey we are learning! :D maybe one tip from me, the transition from intro into the beat is a bit too aggressive IMO. maybe you could smooth it up a bit. all in all, very nice work! my kind of vibe

Status
Not open for further replies.