Showcase - February 8-14, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

$.L.A.N.

I'll be typing these up as I listen, so here it goes....

@Erik
I like the general idea, like others said it's a bit simplistic, maybe add a bit more, but I like where it's going! The drums sound too simple as well, maybe either switch it up or add some layers or something...

@sweltobeats
Very clean, very polished. Bass is great, I do think that the hats are too loud. a tad. I can't stand that female voice lol but whatever.

@Dnz The Mnc
Things - good ideas, good instrumentals/samples/drums but the tunes reminds me of some edm song. Can't remember it now but that did throw me off a bit. Bit repetitive
Dreams - personally I thought that the vocals kinda clashed with the overall vibe of the beat. Maybe that's just me but i felt that the vocals had almost too much energy compared to the rest of the beat. But it's smooth. smooth as butter baby.

@athagreat
Sounds very good. One thing though, I think your synths go crazy around 1:00 mark, that kinda sounded weird. Love the bass though.

@KZA
Dope intro. Nice bass. The hats are very well done. Yeah I can't really find anything. Snare a bit weak? idk. Dope stuff bro.

@tomkillsjerry
Awesome intro, love the energy. Makes you move. It sounds great. I do agree though that it would be challenging to rap to. I'm not even sure this is hip hop. Whatever it is, sounds good.

@Dnz The Mnc
Lines - I like the bass. I think that the dings are too loud though. Not a great mix. But the beat is good.

@oninkaf
sick intro, lets see where this goes... intro is long... Beat is nice, real mellow. It would make an interesting rap song, I can tell you that. Hats are too loud. Vocals are real nice though. Trippy stuff dude. Nice work.

@Marc Duncan
Drums sound pretty average right now. I don't love the hat rolls. A bit too much imo. I like the rhythm though. Drums aren't mixed great, but it's not awful. Man those high hats are really annoying, roll way too fast. It is pretty repetitive. But like I said, it doesn't sound bad, so good job dude.

@MANFREDT
Interesting intro, lets see how you use the sample... Oh baby, I love that switch. Super nice. Wow that got me excited. Nice mellow drums. Very smooth stuff man. Super chill. I'm loving this. Very nice work. It might almost be too little for rap, but I can see someone flowing over it for sure. Love the jazzyness. I mean I just really like it, it's nice and chill. Good job.

@ILL NOIZZ
That snare is weak. Pretty basic drums, but it doesn't hurt the beat. I like the ideas, I like the piano. But that one chord does get repetitive.

@littahwoo
I like it, it's chill. It has a weird rhythm to it though. I'm not sure the swing works. Its a wacky beat, but it works. Except the drums do sound slightly off. Can't put my finger on it. I like the samples though. And the weird beeps. Would make an interesting rap song. Tough to rap over but it would be interesting.

@Brandon Light
I like the intro. Those intro sounds dude. Cmon now. There are a lot of emptyish spaces. The bass is a bit too much-ish. The future horn is annoying. But I like the beat. I like where it's going. It's definitely a good start, just gotta get all the pieces together. Keep at it!

@Slag prod.
Wow that intro came on hard. I like the sample. It's weird. Oh wow that switch. Very chill. Loving the piano chords. High hats well done. The bouncing female vocal sound is a bit annoying, but nothing serious. I like this, super chill. The high hats may be a pinch too loud. But its very professional. Nice work!

@Chordly
Nice energy, but those vocals do get repetitive. Try to expand a little. Sounds very good though, very polished keep it up.

@KZA
Joker - I like the drop. Something about the bass sounds slightly off. Maybe how rapidly it cuts off? idk. But it sounds dope, super ill. I like the claps. It sounds pretty all around average though, nothing really jumps out you know? But its a nice beat for sure, super flowey. Nice

I now feel sorry for listening/replying to brandon light, but I will leave it up anyway. Let's continue.

@saaid
I like the intro. Good stuff with the bass. Maybe a tad loud, idk. I like the flow. Snares are a bit weak. hats are a bit repetitive. But I love the rhythm, like I said flows very nicely. Pretty laid back stuff man. Slightly average drums, you know? Well that part with the multiple claps, I don't know if I agree with it. But it doesn't sound bad. I just like the first part more (hopefully that wasnt confusing). I really like the sounds though. Good work!

Ok I think that's everyone. Man I love this forum because of the community, these beats are all super dope guys and I just love how you guys support one another and stuff, it's great.

That said, here's mine:

saaid

PurpleCrow
@$.L.A.N thanks for the feedback bro, your beat Heating up sounding hella dope i can already hear someone spitting fire to this beat very nice beat for rap, not sure about others but my own preference i think the one thing that would complete make it for me would be if a little nice chorus melody was added, where all the drums would stop and maybe a piano/ base would just play like meek mill war pain. i know bad advise but not sure specifically what needs to be fixed when its sounds pretty good to me think you just need to have some one drop some hard barz

anyways ive created my second beat now honestly still don't how to use these danm 808s czz for some reason i can never hear them and still using demo version of fl studio. right now just tryna get my skills up would really appreciate feedback enjoy :)

Last edited:

KZA

Prada Don
@$.L.A.N. Thanks for giving this great and detailed advice to everyone in this thread. I really appreciate it. Your beat is really dope, i like what you did with the sample as the beat progresses. Really sick style. Definitly keep posting your work.

Slag prod.

@$.L.A.N. That is some feedback there!! Really nice, I followed you on Soundcloud, just to show my support! What comes to the beat, I gotta be honest tho. I didn't like the way you sampled those bells... I mean there isn't anything wrong with the sampling, just the arrangement was a bit weird for my taste. Do I hear some "breath in" sound? I like it! Is it part of the snare sample? Anyway those drums sound really good! I mean really really good. It's just those sampled bells, which don't work for me... And once again thanks for the feedback!

MANFREDT

Battle Points: 1
I'll be typing these up as I listen, so here it goes....

thanx man! :) i just gotta say one thing, only the sax was a sample, the rest was played with real instruments and midi's!

i appreciate it though you didnt notice :p

Deemitri

@Erik Not bad, the drums are nice. if you decided to make it longer you'd definetley be able to make it more interesting.

@sweltobeats Nice bro, should get somebody to rap over it for sure

@Dnz The Mnc That DREAMS beat if hella nice, the drums could use a bit of tweaking but other than that good stuff

so this is just a simple minute beat, nothing spectacular or exciting. But im just trying to work/learn the basics til i can afford proper music equipment. peace!

$.L.A.N.

@saaid
Yo I'm loving this beat. The kick is nice. I think the 808s could use a bit more work, they are a bit weak. But the beat sounds great, sounds awesome man. Good work!

@Slag prod.
Thanks for the honesty man I really appreciate the feedback. Thanks for the follow as well, I hit you with the follow back.

@MANFREDT
Are you kidding me? Those were instruments?! That's incredible dude, I was convinced they were a sample. That is so awesome.

@Deemitri
Everything sounds very polished. Something seems a bit off about it though. It's very slow, but that's a vibe, maybe you were going for that. But something about the drums is off. Maybe the rhythm? Something... Other than that it sounds super chill, love the vibes.

Here's another quick beat I threw together, let me know what you guys think!

saaid

PurpleCrow
@saaid
Yo I'm loving this beat. The kick is nice. I think the 808s could use a bit more work, they are a bit weak. But the beat sounds great, sounds awesome man. Good work!

@Slag prod.
Thanks for the honesty man I really appreciate the feedback. Thanks for the follow as well, I hit you with the follow back.

@MANFREDT
Are you kidding me? Those were instruments?! That's incredible dude, I was convinced they were a sample. That is so awesome.

@Deemitri
Everything sounds very polished. Something seems a bit off about it though. It's very slow, but that's a vibe, maybe you were going for that. But something about the drums is off. Maybe the rhythm? Something... Other than that it sounds super chill, love the vibes.

Here's another quick beat I threw together, let me know what you guys think!

thanks for the feedback bro this beat is sounding gully as fuck got me bumpin my head and shit very nice

saaid

PurpleCrow
@Erik Not bad, the drums are nice. if you decided to make it longer you'd definetley be able to make it more interesting.

@sweltobeats Nice bro, should get somebody to rap over it for sure

@Dnz The Mnc That DREAMS beat if hella nice, the drums could use a bit of tweaking but other than that good stuff

so this is just a simple minute beat, nothing spectacular or exciting. But im just trying to work/learn the basics til i can afford proper music equipment. peace!

nice beat sound super chill, kinda beat i would want to get high too

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online