Showcase - February 8-14, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

kobu

Kobu Beats
Battle Points: 1
Here's one I dropped recently. Feedback and a sub is welcome :)

@The Thrillz I like the sound. To me, it sounds like something that could be placed in a movie or tv show.

@Marc Duncan Sort of a cosmic/psychedelic vibe I'm getting but it's nice.

@XIS I agree with the earlier comments about the synths being too prominent but other than that, not a bad track

@2GooD Productions I like it for the type of beat that it is. Nice pulsating vibe to it and range of elements presented.

@rek- Add a little more Hip Hop soul and I think Q-Tip from Tribe CQ might spit on this one (Samba Cumlaude).

@Drago Zetić I wished it switched up a bit more but I still like it.

I enjoy the drum patterning. I think that the hihats are a little too prominent and maybe not varied enough in velocity. I like what you're going for in general though!

Here's one I dropped recently. Feedback and a sub is welcome :)

@The Thrillz I like the sound. To me, it sounds like something that could be placed in a movie or tv show.

@Marc Duncan Sort of a cosmic/psychedelic vibe I'm getting but it's nice.

@XIS I agree with the earlier comments about the synths being too prominent but other than that, not a bad track

@2GooD Productions I like it for the type of beat that it is. Nice pulsating vibe to it and range of elements presented.

@rek- Add a little more Hip Hop soul and I think Q-Tip from Tribe CQ might spit on this one (Samba Cumlaude).

@Drago Zetić I wished it switched up a bit more but I still like it.

Nice

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
@The Thrillz your shit always hits... that horn is nice, great piano work... just nice brother, outstanding.
@Marc Duncan thats a nice beat, nice percussion... nice composition. Little heavy on the bass, but thats the style of it. Nice beat.. I really dont have anything negative to say, just preference.
@XIS Badd ass beat, good vocals... nice mix man. All instruments are hitting nicely. Damn I cant find anything wrong with ya'lls shit... this is better than the beat battles so far
@2GooD Productions Im struggling here to try and find some thing wrong with anyone's beats... nice tones man...its fire for true
@OMAR. Nailed that, nice boombap, great work on the marimba
@Crispifier Gourmet is dope AF bro... wtf man... good Lord thats hot. awesome workand I already told ya how I feel bout promised land in discord.. ok bro you need to slow down on getting this much better than me :cautious:
@rek- Loving the acoustics... very nice man... geebus every kind of hiphop here this week. Really nice jam that Samba is
@Fury Beats SO ANGRY! lol... piano is nasty as hell, not sure if its me or the bass is a little muddy. I may have to listen on my big speakers and not my headphones. Nice use of jeopardy though haha
@jafar4000 might be me but sounds like you are redlining in both beats... might be my headphones so I dunno. Nice beats but not my taste
@Stoned Monk loving the melody and the shaker... I really need to hear that outside my headphones but its late. Love the background stuff... nice beat
@Drago Zetić Not my preferred type of beat, though I know a lot of folks here are really into it, sounds dope, and really clean. Nice background ambiance
@kobu Nice beat man, clean and nice vocal chops. I got nothing to add to it... of course I am not "The Ear" of Illmuzik lol It hits and sounds really good.
@GuttaTennekey The stings and flute are mixed in really well with the synth, bass is really hard, but I like a nice bass knock. Really pleasing to listen to, Id rock it in my ride. Nice composition.. I got nothing negative to add.

You guys are nailing shit and now I am going to post some hot ass to offset your good works.... LOL

Flip G

Nzyte
@Drago Zetić - this is nice! the reverb on the drums is dope...makes me think of MF Doom... this is on some uptown Saturday night Quincey Jones shit... good job

@Fury Beats - love flipped beats... this shit got hard real quick... This makes me think of somebody from Memphis... Dolph, Gotti, Pooh, Juicy J.... I like this

@jafar4000 - "Krusty's Loop" this sound out of space... alien invasion shit... Tyler the creator all the way on this... loving the style

"Taking" - this sounds like 36 chambers rza... defiantly a New york bounce to it... good job

@Pappas Beats - (Busta Rhymes) this is a nice mash up... That west coast bass is everything! I can hear this in the club now

(2 Pac) - so west coast! this is a hit!... Bassline is so good!... good job!

The Thrillz

www.thethrillz.com
Thanks for your feedback guys!!

@Fury Beats That piano melody sounds pretty catchy and the overall beat arrangement is really interesting. Dope work!

@Drago Zetić Nice beat bro I really like the vibes! The sound selection is pretty dope as well as the mix. This is perfect beat for storytelling.

@rek- Definitely feeling this beat! The chord progression and the bassline are really good! I would only add a bell or mallet melody far in the background just to to sound a bit fuller.

@Crispifier I like the "The Promise Land" beat I can definitely hear this as a soundtrack! The sound selection is pretty interesting and the is on point! Keep up the good work!

@2GooD Productions This one goes hard bro! The main melody is solid and you done a pretty good job with the rest of the counter melodies especially on chorus.

@XIS Nice work man I really like the vibe! Mixing wise I think the bass needs to be a bit louder and the chorus synths needs to be lowered other than that everything else is solid if you ask me. Keep up the good work!

The Thrillz

www.thethrillz.com
@The Thrillz your shit always hits... that horn is nice, great piano work... just nice brother, outstanding.
@Marc Duncan thats a nice beat, nice percussion... nice composition. Little heavy on the bass, but thats the style of it. Nice beat.. I really dont have anything negative to say, just preference.
@XIS Badd ass beat, good vocals... nice mix man. All instruments are hitting nicely. Damn I cant find anything wrong with ya'lls shit... this is better than the beat battles so far
@2GooD Productions Im struggling here to try and find some thing wrong with anyone's beats... nice tones man...its fire for true
@OMAR. Nailed that, nice boombap, great work on the marimba
@Crispifier Gourmet is dope AF bro... wtf man... good Lord thats hot. awesome workand I already told ya how I feel bout promised land in discord.. ok bro you need to slow down on getting this much better than me :cautious:
@rek- Loving the acoustics... very nice man... geebus every kind of hiphop here this week. Really nice jam that Samba is
@Fury Beats SO ANGRY! lol... piano is nasty as hell, not sure if its me or the bass is a little muddy. I may have to listen on my big speakers and not my headphones. Nice use of jeopardy though haha
@jafar4000 might be me but sounds like you are redlining in both beats... might be my headphones so I dunno. Nice beats but not my taste
@Stoned Monk loving the melody and the shaker... I really need to hear that outside my headphones but its late. Love the background stuff... nice beat
@Drago Zetić Not my preferred type of beat, though I know a lot of folks here are really into it, sounds dope, and really clean. Nice background ambiance
@kobu Nice beat man, clean and nice vocal chops. I got nothing to add to it... of course I am not "The Ear" of Illmuzik lol It hits and sounds really good.
@GuttaTennekey The stings and flute are mixed in really well with the synth, bass is really hard, but I like a nice bass knock. Really pleasing to listen to, Id rock it in my ride. Nice composition.. I got nothing negative to add.

You guys are nailing shit and now I am going to post some hot ass to offset your good works.... LOL

Damn bro you killed this! The main melody sounds crazy and the sound selection is on point! Dope arrangement too!

Status
Not open for further replies.