Showcase - January 10-16, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

3ternal

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 3
Only complaints the instruments you started throwing in need to be a little more nuanced. They don't sound "real" and kind of stick out too much from the rest of the beat. Need to throw little slides and messing with filters etc on synths. It's a pain LOL. I would also drop that reversed guitar out from time to time as it can be overbearing. Dropping it out also gives you room to do something with the hats too. That backwards guitar basically functions as hats, as in keeping time/pace keeper so really should only have that or hats keeping pace at one time. So say if guitar is hitting 16 times in a bar hat should be hitting like 4-8 max in the same bar. 4:50 is a long time so you need to really dig in as far as making different sections of the song, like drop-ins, drop-outs, maybe a section where melody or drums are low pass filtered, etc.

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
@3ternal thanks for the feedback. I only agree with maybe changing up a bit (which I know already) but I don’t always feel like songs have to have that much variation in my opinion. It is a bit long lol but that’s because I jammed out. But I honestly don’t expect most to listen to the whole thing because many have a hard time listening to anything past two minutes. Everything else was very intentional according to my taste.

BlackSwanFly

What’s good!! First beat posted for the New Year.

The premise of the beat is immaculate! I like the “video game” vibe it gives. I automatically think cereal and Pokémon days as a child lol I don’t know why, don’t ask. Anyways, yeah the drum line is dope, real hip hop flavor… the vocals are a little all over the place but, I see the concept it is supposed to give. Great job overall ! I would jam this just to jam it without anyone rapping on it. The piano part towards the end is saucy!

hosie

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 5
@sole-element Very difficult to give feedback or critique this one as
it's not really a style I resonate with and I would agree with most of what
@3ternal said, but as you say it's all about personal taste and feeling.
It's well executed and professional sounding and like @BlackSwanFly said I
can hear it in a video game setting. For me I can see it as a fight theme song in
beat'em up game.

@BlackSwanFly Both of those tracks are nice. Again they're not something I'd normally
listen to or resonate with but they were both executed really well. I prefer the tempo
of Number on Napkin and I think it would really shine with some vocals on it.

hosie

ILLIEN
I've thrown Cappadonna's Slang Editorial over this beat just to bring out some of the elements. I've still to get round to breaking it down and adding in an intro / outro but would be nice to get some feedback on how it sits at the moment. Nice one. Hosie

Sole Element

ILLIEN
@BlackSwanFly i love the mellow laid back vibes you have for both beats. You really kept the first beat interesting with your sound selections as well as your Change up. The second beat was on point as well with the drums as well as that organ you used. Very good stuff!

@hosie this is sick!! Those drums really brings this to life, not just the drum sounds themselves but the rhythm as well!

Rah.sool

Beatmaker
@Sole Element Yea man this was is definitely cool. Really different, sounds like something from TRON or some other futuristic movie. Very cool if that's what you were going for. One feedback is that those reversed parts make this sound unplanned and chaotic IMO. If you can use the same sound but in a more melodic way I could see it working. But nice job man!

@BlackSwanFly Very nice job on both of these. For "Creature" I feel like the double time piano part that started at :46 was a little weird. But I really liked everything else. Especially the guitar stuff you had going on in the background, and your use of echo and reverb makes this feel really airy. Very nice job. For "Number on napkin" I think the melody you have playing underneath (the melody for the first 10 seconds) is actually in a different key than the top melody. something to think about. Great job on both of these for real

@hosie Aww man this is clean brother! love the way you chopped the sample and left a lot of empty space for the vocal to come through. I believe that the vocals are getting washed out behind the sample. You could maybe bring the vocal volume up a little bit. I love the swing and panning on the drums. However, I think that having aggressive panning on the sample chop is a little bit chaotic. Instead, I would recommend widening the stereo image of the sample. And have the vocal go write down the middle so it cuts right through. very nice job my friend.

Here's my piece for the week guys, thanks in advance for all feedback:

BlackSwanFly

Solid feedback. Thank you very much :)

Loved the piano. So dope. This beat got me freestyling. It’s so bouncy. The bassline is my favorite part. I would say just add a tad of eq, it sounds a bit flat. Great vibe other than that bro! That’s that boom bap shit!

hosie

ILLIEN
@Sole Element Yea man this was is definitely cool. Really different, sounds like something from TRON or some other futuristic movie. Very cool if that's what you were going for. One feedback is that those reversed parts make this sound unplanned and chaotic IMO. If you can use the same sound but in a more melodic way I could see it working. But nice job man!

@BlackSwanFly Very nice job on both of these. For "Creature" I feel like the double time piano part that started at :46 was a little weird. But I really liked everything else. Especially the guitar stuff you had going on in the background, and your use of echo and reverb makes this feel really airy. Very nice job. For "Number on napkin" I think the melody you have playing underneath (the melody for the first 10 seconds) is actually in a different key than the top melody. something to think about. Great job on both of these for real

@hosie Aww man this is clean brother! love the way you chopped the sample and left a lot of empty space for the vocal to come through. I believe that the vocals are getting washed out behind the sample. You could maybe bring the vocal volume up a little bit. I love the swing and panning on the drums. However, I think that having aggressive panning on the sample chop is a little bit chaotic. Instead, I would recommend widening the stereo image of the sample. And have the vocal go write down the middle so it cuts right through. very nice job my friend.

@Rah.sool This is really, really nice! I love it. You've got this down really well. I'll need to get a proper headphone / car speakers listen to this because I can't identify the flat that @BlackSwanFly spotted. I actually love everything on this. The sample flip, the drums, everything. Nice one! Hosie

I've thrown Cappadonna's Slang Editorial over this beat just to bring out some of the elements. I've still to get round to breaking it down and adding in an intro / outro but would be nice to get some feedback on how it sits at the moment. Nice one. Hosie

yo bruhh this is fireeeeeee. i aint gonna put a whole bunch up here i think its my favorite one ive heard

damn son this one dope as hell tooo. I like beats like this, I try to make them like this where you can't tell if there is a sample or not. I 100 percent want to collab. - rh3medy

ahh, I see you posted already lol. This isnt bad at all, I think the snare sounds shit though, the mix could use some work too, but hey, one step at a time lol. If you changed that snare for a much more snappy and shorter one it will fit much better with the genre, that bass though, I like it. Despite what could be done with the beat, as a basis its pretty good, it stays interesting throughout, I listened to the end. Ive heard far far worse, dont be shy man, keep up the good work.

@2GooD Productions I agree with you bro, @Rh3medy Beats it's a specific type of genre but the sounds could use some work. keep posting i'm curious about your next beat;)

@Rah.sool Great work! i see myself making a beat like that very nice bassline and love the drums! :fire::fire::fire:

I'm afraid to post my latest work after hearing all these great beats XD
Feel free to comment & thanks for listening!

Status
Not open for further replies.