Showcase - January 12-14, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
@Men10 - this joint goes hard, luv the grimeyness, good work!

@Muszolini - same thing, joint goes hard, I luv the random like chops and how they work together.

@LP* - Behind The Gun has potential, it just needs some body.
Hey-Hey is dope, Why is dope but I think it needs a dope bassline and some changeups in it. All good beats, BTG and Why just feel unfinished.

Here's something that I've been playing around with...much more mellow than you guys joints but it kinda reflected the mood I was in at the time. It's called Feel It

Muszolini

I like beats.
Battle Points: 76
safe Dacalion, which ones got your ears?

LP*
lost has a potential hit, you should compose your own piano keys in there, i already have one in my head.
Ease-up - hard

dacalion Feel it sounds smooth, i would love to hear some more crash hats, lows and highs long and short, even some drum roll snaps. this has a wavey comfort, liking this.

High.Q i cant download your thing dude, my stream is limited at times. ill try get back to that asap.

i would but i suck at creating basslines i have no idea how to get the sound of the bass to not sound muddy everytime i filter it out and try to beef it up or mix it or somethin its always muddy i have to practice some

Heres some bassline tips when equing the bass track.
Brick wall filter or extreme high pass filter below 30-35hz(cut below completely) This takes away a lot of low end noise that can peak the volume without you being able to hear it. The next frequency you need to cut is around 300hz this is what causes muddyness in bass. The amount of this frequency you cut is dependent on how muddy the original bass is, so its variable but just cut to taste. You can then boost 50-70 hz this really brings the bass out and having cut the offending frequencies gives it room to shine. You may also have to do some frequency cutting and boosting on the kick drum.
What I do is I cut below 50hz and boost 85hz, messing around till it sounds meaty but doesnt peak combined with the bass. I like to have banging kicks that are mixed above the bass, so I eq till I get that sound.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
go to www.soundcloud.com and create an account. Once youve done that, upload your beats to that site. Once you upload a beat go up to the url...thats where you type in the address of a website and right click behind the last character, that will highlite it in blue, select 'Copy' then come back to the showcase and open a new post. Right click anywhere in the reply and select 'paste'. That will put your link in the reply box...then click 'Post Reply'...thats it.

Lil Dude

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 17

JR beat pretty slick the record needle sounded a lil high but otherwise its sounded good and was put in a good song mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online