Showcase - January 12-18, 2015

• beat this! voting starts in...
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beautiful Noise

No Song is Safe.
Battle Points: 8
just another beat

HOT DAMN! This beat getting me in the mood to write.

Some Boyz N The Hood type ish:

Nothing here yet.

@PLAYBOY RICHIE this beat needs to be mixed better. That main piece is WAY too loud, compared to the other elements of this track.

@PLAYBOY RICHIE this beat needs to be mixed better. That main piece is WAY too loud, compared to the other elements of this track.

Last edited by a moderator:
Battle Points: 30

Nothing here yet.

i like very much the sample, but i think better drum sounds the beat would sound much better, and also think that the melody's volume is too much high

Xia-Dawn

Nothing here yet.

I dig the sample, but your seriously lacking in any progression or buildup through out the track. It gets boring after a while because nothing really changes. The bass could also be a bit louder, I could barely hear it through my speakers, especially when its one of the main elements of your track.

Keep doing you fren :]

Beautiful Noise

No Song is Safe.
I appreciate the honesty of opinion, but a majority of boom bap is meant to be repetitious. I'm not doing any other genre or style.

I will take the mixing suggestions into consideration, and post the new version soon

Last edited:

Xia-Dawn

I appreciate the honesty of opinion, but a majority of boom bap is meant to be repetitious. I'm not doing any other genre or style.

I will take the mixing suggestions into consideration, and post the new version soon

Boom Bap is usually a bit repetitious, but its never monotonous enough to be close to a loop. You need to sprinkle in some diversity to keep the listener from being bored after a minute. All boom bap beats have a change up or two.

khailel

Battle Points: 18
Sorry I been gone for long.
I dig the sample, but your seriously lacking in any progression or buildup through out the track. It gets boring after a while because nothing really changes. The bass could also be a bit louder, I could barely hear it through my speakers, especially when its one of the main elements of your track.

That beat is nice. Sound like some Hidden beach type sample.

just another beat

Tight boom bap beat yo. Biggie could spit fire on that, Rip B.I.G.

Heres mine,
http://www.mediafire.com/view/9fvzb06mwltzfoa/beat 14.mp3
and a sample I'm just messing with.
http://mfi.re/listen/5rjyfrj4ujbblzw/beat_sample_1.mp3
What y'all think?

Beautiful Noise

No Song is Safe.
I remixed the beat, but that's it. As far as the sample being too loud: it's how I tweeked the sample. I may add some more elements later on, so this is just a skeleton version:

Nothing here yet.

Boom Bap is usually a bit repetitious, but its never monotonous enough to be close to a loop. You need to sprinkle in some diversity to keep the listener from being bored after a minute. All boom bap beats have a change up or two.

I disagree. Some of the boom bap beats from the greats sound monotonous if you really listen to them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xia-Dawn

I disagree. Some of the boom bap beats from the greats sound monotonous if you really listen to them.

Some of them do sound a bit monotonous, but they're never just a straight loop, and even if they did, why desecrate yourself to past limitations. That's regression not progression.

Xia-Dawn

Sorry I been gone for long.

That beat is nice. Sound like some Hidden beach type sample.

Tight boom bap beat yo. Biggie could spit fire on that, Rip B.I.G.

Heres mine,
http://www.mediafire.com/view/9fvzb06mwltzfoa/beat 14.mp3
and a sample I'm just messing with.
http://mfi.re/listen/5rjyfrj4ujbblzw/beat_sample_1.mp3
What y'all think?

That beat 14 is fire, straight fire. Only problem is that the sample and kick are mixed WAY WAY too low, and the snare is loud as hell. Increase the volume of the kick and the sample significantly cuz that's a beat I'd rap on.

kstikz08

Battle Points: 4

i've heard that sample before.dope stuff.real smooth.also digging the different change ups with the samples.especially those first 8 bars of the song.

here's a beat i'll be using for a beattape soon.everyone enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.