Showcase - January 13-19, 2014

• beat this! voting starts in...
Status
Not open for further replies.

KDVS

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 85
@Kohie : Your nice melody lines as always. The drums fits very god in the mix. Very good job sir.
@iLL ThoughT : YEAH! really like this song. Great flow on the vocals. And this hook is awesome !! Sample flipping here is so nice.. Again very good...
@JustRipe : Ohh, That base sir! perfect. Diggin this!sample is perfect, that guitar, yes. Good Feel…

Two this time:

Fall In Love Ft. 7RS1 (J Dilla Tribute)

The JANs - Alt Kan Skje En Sommer Ft. Vilde

Johan Brodd

Battle Points: 1
@Kohie: Really fresh beat, I would lower the electric hum from Izotope Vinyl just a tad bit more. Very nice choppage here. I really love this track. Keep it up!

@iLL ThoughT: Fantastic beat here. This sample is just perfectly applied. The bass and drums sits just perfectly together, you maybe should've doubled the bass 1 octave to give it more punch.

@JustRipe: This beat is pretty nice, I can't give any negative comments since it just sits so darn tight together!

@KDVS: 1. Where's the bass? This needs a bombastic bass to go along with the music. The piano is kinda off from time to time. Keep up the good work though, and practice and you'll get better. 2. Same here, the bass is hardly heard here. The summer effects needs to be lowered. Lovely lyrics too.

Now people here comes a few beats from me: They're really experimental, very gnarly, so please don't blast this at full volume or this might blast your speakers.

The last beat is more traditional:

KDVS

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 85
@Johan Brodd : 1; yeah, i like the percussion here. I guess your finished with this, but i would love to experiment with some more sounds on this. A bit to repetativ maybe. 2; Dynamics. But i really like how you want to try new things. Enjoyable. 3; Diggin this synth base. the sample sound here is scary nice. Drums fits very good in the mix. A rapper/singer would love this.

- 01: My bass is recorded acoustic with an ukulele bass. But i should put a deeper bass on it, maybe a synth bass. Haha, the piano is living its own life, but it is supposed to be like that ;) . 02: I went for a feel the bass instead of hearing the base on this. In other words, just bad mixing, haha. Thank you very much for your words sir. :)

JustRipe

Analog Architect
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 75
@KDVS - Fall In Love- damn that bass and kick combo is great, voical mix is sick too great track!
The JANs - Alt Kan Skje En Sommer Ft. Vilde- dope samples lol i love the seagulls, also a great mix on this super dope.

@Johan Brodd 1st beat- dope ass sounds man i wasnt looking at the wave structure on the soundcloud player i kept waiting for some heavy boom bap drums to kick in lol.
2nd beat- i see u werent joking about not having ur speakers at full blast lol, this is a little more out there but still sounds sick . with the play between the xylophone and car horns or whatever it was, was dope.
3rd beat-damn heavy! love the sample and the bass line, drums are on point, very powerful beat here man.

Johan Brodd

IIRC I stretched a cowbell or some shit like that. The horns comes from cars and trains.

Johan Brodd

Don't be ignorant, follow the rules, and people will listen to your music.

Greg Licea

@KDVS love them beats man. always nice to just relax and kick some mellow beats like this. I like the second one more because at :56 I just love that background noise. that what I want to achieve in my music. to be as creative and experimental as possible. keep it up!
@iLL ThoughT there you go again surprising me man. I keep thinking it's going to be all chill and mellow but turns out you bring a banger. haha. like how you filter the women singing because that can always be distracting when people are spitting. but you did good. heard everything that guy was saying. good message as well. reminds me of lowkey. there not much bad to say except If I may. at the end. would of been nice if you would have let that fade out more slowly. just personal taste.
@JustRipe loving that bass my dude. what did you use for that beat. because with the drum and the bass alone. it sounded like somebody was breathing. it was catchy I like that.
@Johan Brodd hey just want to say sorry. I'm new hear. I wasn't trying to sound arrogant. I just didn't know. anyways ah heck yea. I see you like to experiment to ^__^. I love people that do that man. the first one is definably a slow burner. I don't know what you was aiming for but that be real good for back ground music. I liked it. but if I may, I feel like it needs something. something with a melody or anything besides percussions. I think you be on to something if your still working on it. the second one. I was thinking at first like oh man, he's gone to experimental haha. but naw once I heard them kicks. I started bobbing my head man, wasn't expecting that. I love it! I love how every once in the while you hear little ear candy to keep it from getting repetitive. good job on that one! now the last one was just funky and retro sounding. makes me think of the golden era of hip hop. you got some fresh stuff my dude. no doubt. definably goanna be following you. keep it up!

Greg Licea

oh and @Kohie I don't know how I miss you? great beat. loving that snare. you got to tell me were you got it from. I can hear some crackle in it. I love that. did real nice with the timing I think also. everything felt right on beat. put some real soul in it I can tell. not many people do that in mainstream. which is sad. good talent my dude, hope to hear more!

JustRipe

Analog Architect
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 75
@JustRipe loving that bass my dude. what did you use for that beat. because with the drum and the bass alone. it sounded like somebody was breathing. it was catchy I like that.

@Greg Licea that breathing was from the drum break i chopped it was the end of someone saying something on the first kick in the break loop, and when i chopped it i heard it and tried to play with it a little.... the bass is just the same lowpassed bassline from a sample looping the whole time, i dont really remember the name of it at the moment but dpe you caught that i wondered if anyone else would notice the breathing

and ur beat DREAM - dope ass intro, nice piano too sounds real dope with the strings too, i was expecting a fatter kick, but thats just what i prefer, for what u went for it sounded nice to me, dope beat man.

Greg Licea

@Greg Licea that breathing was from the drum break i chopped it was the end of someone saying something on the first kick in the break loop, and when i chopped it i heard it and tried to play with it a little.... the bass is just the same lowpassed bassline from a sample looping the whole time, i dont really remember the name of it at the moment but dpe you caught that i wondered if anyone else would notice the breathing

and ur beat DREAM - dope ass intro, nice piano too sounds real dope with the strings too, i was expecting a fatter kick, but thats just what i prefer, for what u went for it sounded nice to me, dope beat man.

hey appreciate man, I work on that. yea I think the breathing goes good with it man, good shit!

Usual

Got a new one for y'all.

Kohie...as many have said before, that snare is something else. I love a good snare and the crispness it brings to a song. good job.

@Kohie Sample and chops is tight!!! and that snare doe!

@JustRipe that sample is crazy!!! nice flip!

Is this you spittin on the track? like the flow a lot. Good work!

@Kohie - damn real dope melody, and yeah hes right^ that snare is so dope, i like all the filtering and panning, real dope job.
@iLL ThoughT - beautiful sample, i could listen to that all day... the mix is sick, vocals sound great, love it.

heres mine...

BASSLINE....BASSLINE....THAT BASSLINE...Great beat, hard not to keep nodding to it.

@Kohie: Really fresh beat, I would lower the electric hum from Izotope Vinyl just a tad bit more. Very nice choppage here. I really love this track. Keep it up!

@iLL ThoughT: Fantastic beat here. This sample is just perfectly applied. The bass and drums sits just perfectly together, you maybe should've doubled the bass 1 octave to give it more punch.

@JustRipe: This beat is pretty nice, I can't give any negative comments since it just sits so darn tight together!

@KDVS: 1. Where's the bass? This needs a bombastic bass to go along with the music. The piano is kinda off from time to time. Keep up the good work though, and practice and you'll get better. 2. Same here, the bass is hardly heard here. The summer effects needs to be lowered. Lovely lyrics too.

Now people here comes a few beats from me: They're really experimental, very gnarly, so please don't blast this at full volume or this might blast your speakers.

The last beat is more traditional:

I like when people step out and try something new. This is dope. I'm looking to try new avenues myself.

Usual

What's good everyone?

I used to briefly post here about 18 months ago and then went M.I.A. Trying to get back to producing after a long time off due to family/work issues. The last beat I made was about 6 months ago. Give it a listen and let me know what you think. Not mixed clean yet, just a little heavy ditty I cooked up.

usual-dreams

This other one is one I made a while back when I found an old videogame OST. Took some parts and added some drums and filters. My wife HATES it. So of course I had to post it. Not really my style, but I had fun with it and kinda like the way it came out.

usual - wet

Status
Not open for further replies.