Showcase - January 13-19, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taron

Noone really
Battle Points: 2
Whatsup everyone, I havent been on this forum in a while, I sometimes randomly peeped a lil of the showcase stuff but havent actually posted in a long time.
Anyways, Imma start this week off with this track I put out yesterday, looking to get some hard hitting feedback and gonna dish it out too. All love and support tho.

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
@Taron sounds good, but the drums need to stick out a little more and turn the bass down and it will be good to go. Here is mine for the week! Feedback will be returned!

Taron

Noone really
@Matt-D Love the vocal samples on Mars to Venus, its a nice spacey vibe, but the one thing I dont like is the clap/snap sound, its kinda too dry for the space feel, id say either give it some reverb, or go for a more hard hitting rim sound instead. Other than that I like the vibe.

Marc Duncan

The Black Man
Battle Points: 3
@Taron sounds good, but the drums need to stick out a little more and turn the bass down and it will be good to go. Here is mine for the week! Feedback will be returned!

The first beat I would relax on the vocals a little but it sound good. The 2pac remix is a banger; raise the kick vol. a bit and it's perfect.
Here's mine.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Tarron I like your beat a lot, all I would say is I would make it a verse-chrous structure and get a rapper on it.

Matt your beat is great, but I think the pitched up vocals are a bit out of style these days. Could you do something else with it?

Thrilzz, good shit man! I am really liking this.

not sure if this is the right place but I would love some feedback on our live show. If its the wrong place feel free to delete. We are four hours of playing in and everyone in the band is shot but check it out and let me know what you think.

Last edited:

Odis Jaay

Whatsup everyone, I havent been on this forum in a while, I sometimes randomly peeped a lil of the showcase stuff but havent actually posted in a long time.
Anyways, Imma start this week off with this track I put out yesterday, looking to get some hard hitting feedback and gonna dish it out too. All love and support tho.

Taron: sweet groove. sticking in my head this morning. love the tone of the keys, too.

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
@Marc Duncan I like this one, Especially the organ! Only thing I would do differently is turn the snare up some.
@The Thrillz This one is fire!! It does sound like a weeknd track, nothing bad to say bro nice work!!
@thedreampolice love the live scene! I don't generally listen to this style a lot but I can tell you guys are on point. And that looks fun lol! Yeah I agree with the chipmunk thing which is why I don't use it that much but when I was fooling with the track it sounded best lol But yeah I can change it.

taron, really like the melody and the drums fit perfectly with it. one of my beats would love some feedback no idea where my skill level is at

Taron

Noone really
@thedreampolice giving feedback on a live show feels v weird to me, but yeah everyone seems to be playing dope, just the frontman feels a lil cringey at parts, but thats understandable since Zacks voice and any RATM song is hard to pull off for anyone in mf year 2020. Ive only ever recorded a couple verses in my life and it was in a closed space in the middle of nowhere, while I forced my homie to go outside so he wouldnt listen to me doin it. So I cant rly tell yall how to improve on that. I guess its just about A LOT of passion and REALLY FEELING the shit ur saying but idk, cant help ya. Looks like a banger show tho.

@prodCarkey Not gonna lie vro, its pretty generic. Its really not anything groundbreaking getting a guitar sample(maybe you played it yourself, if so, kudos to ya, you're a good guitar player) and putting a bunch of drums over it. But I guess you're kinda just starting off, so if I can give some advice its:

1) Get more drumkits; there's nothing more boring than when u use the exact same drums on every track, look around reddit and stuff for some 1000+files drum packs (often 80% of the kit is garbage, but if you just click through you can always find that one perfect sound that fits your track.)

2) Please dont use that "depressed" tag its soo bad and tryhard edgy.

3) Just keep making stuff and try new things; Dont be afraid to try some random w a c k y shit, at the end of the day, it either works and sounds great, or it doesnt and you delete it. I'd recommend not releasing much of the stuff you make in your beginnings, because its not gonna be worth it and itll just take up space on ur soundcloud and shit, but to each their own.

But yeah, sorry for the rant, just keep working and don't get discouraged, everyone has been at the point where they make p boring generic shit, you will get better if you keep doing it.

@thedreampolice giving feedback on a live show feels v weird to me, but yeah everyone seems to be playing dope, just the frontman feels a lil cringey at parts, but thats understandable since Zacks voice and any RATM song is hard to pull off for anyone in mf year 2020. Ive only ever recorded a couple verses in my life and it was in a closed space in the middle of nowhere, while I forced my homie to go outside so he wouldnt listen to me doin it. So I cant rly tell yall how to improve on that. I guess its just about A LOT of passion and REALLY FEELING the shit ur saying but idk, cant help ya. Looks like a banger show tho.

@prodCarkey Not gonna lie vro, its pretty generic. Its really not anything groundbreaking getting a guitar sample(maybe you played it yourself, if so, kudos to ya, you're a good guitar player) and putting a bunch of drums over it. But I guess you're kinda just starting off, so if I can give some advice its:

1) Get more drumkits; there's nothing more boring than when u use the exact same drums on every track, look around reddit and stuff for some 1000+files drum packs (often 80% of the kit is garbage, but if you just click through you can always find that one perfect sound that fits your track.)

2) Please dont use that "depressed" tag its soo bad and tryhard edgy.

3) Just keep making stuff and try new things; Dont be afraid to try some random w a c k y shit, at the end of the day, it either works and sounds great, or it doesnt and you delete it. I'd recommend not releasing much of the stuff you make in your beginnings, because its not gonna be worth it and itll just take up space on ur soundcloud and shit, but to each their own.

But yeah, sorry for the rant, just keep working and don't get discouraged, everyone has been at the point where they make p boring generic shit, you will get better if you keep doing it.
thank you man preciate the feedback!

TjombaBeats

Mister Miyagi Beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 151
Hey guys,

I made this beat with ableton live 9 and reason 10 rewired. Mixed up some sound but came out great started to use it to create a beat go check it out i hope you guys enjoy it.
any suggestions are welcome constructive critism is welcome too just tell me what you think. This was compressed with hardware compressor and some sounds effects are from the lexicon mx 200.

Peace,

Tjomba

TjombaBeats

Mister Miyagi Beats
ill o.g.
Tarron I like your beat a lot, all I would say is I would make it a verse-chrous structure and get a rapper on it.

Matt your beat is great, but I think the pitched up vocals are a bit out of style these days. Could you do something else with it?

Thrilzz, good shit man! I am really liking this.

not sure if this is the right place but I would love some feedback on our live show. If its the wrong place feel free to delete. We are four hours of playing in and everyone in the band is shot but check it out and let me know what you think.

This is a good song for live to get the mood going. Good songs never die and wil be played again and again. You play in that band? Or just work at the place itself seen allot of stage things of ya. Good preformance. This is nice on tempo some bands wil like double the tempo to make it allot harder and faster which most of the times plays out nice.

TjombaBeats

Mister Miyagi Beats
ill o.g.

I like the vibe of this beat. The scratches are made awesome. Beat is kinda lay low chill vibe. Wel done!

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
This is a good song for live to get the mood going. Good songs never die and wil be played again and again. You play in that band? Or just work at the place itself seen allot of stage things of ya. Good preformance. This is nice on tempo some bands wil like double the tempo to make it allot harder and faster which most of the times plays out nice.
Thanks for everyones comments. I am the Bass player In this band and we are always working on production IE: getting the lighting just right with the song etc. This is the end of our fourth one hour set. We play four hours total when we play and it goes 9pm to 1:30am ish depending on the breaks. Obviously we are pretty beat by this point and the singers voice is shot. But a white boy doing zack de la rocha's vocals can always be a bit tough. I am surprised to hear people say they don't listen to Rage Against the Machine on here. They were kinda pioneers in my opinion and any hip hop guy should check out.

TjombaBeats

Mister Miyagi Beats
ill o.g.
Thanks for everyones comments. I am the Bass player In this band and we are always working on production IE: getting the lighting just right with the song etc. This is the end of our fourth one hour set. We play four hours total when we play and it goes 9pm to 1:30am ish depending on the breaks. Obviously we are pretty beat by this point and the singers voice is shot. But a white boy doing zack de la rocha's vocals can always be a bit tough. I am surprised to hear people say they don't listen to Rage Against the Machine on here. They were kinda pioneers in my opinion and any hip hop guy should check out.

Agreed.

Hello everyone I am new to the forums here. I have several beats I've written over the yrs, and looking for collaborations...Let me know what u all think. I'll post a couple beats I produced and rapped over as well, and will leave feedback too.

thanks!

-J Bleds
*rikka shea music*

MickMain

@Taron
Nice track dude, I like the vocal sample you used.
Not a fan of the bassline tho, the overall mix could do with some work.
Try and make the bass and kick more punchy to give a nice Boombap feel,
just a thought, keep up the work bro!

@Matt-D
Like the vibes of the first track man, could use with making the snare louder a maybe add up a some effects to it.
Like what you did with the Pac track, great vibes on it, keep it up man!

@Marc Duncan
Sick grime feel on this one, think the organ melody is a bit too loud tho try and make it lower in the mix,
the drums are nice but I feel like could do with an overall mix to make the whole thig jel better, try to get the kick more prominant and the choir sound to sit just below it, great work tho!

@The Thrillz
Really dig this one man, the sounds and mix are great. Got really nice synthwave feel to this one.
Not much to say tbh really good!

@TjombaBeats
Really nice enrgy to this, love the pucnch and gritty sound.
Feel like the kick could do with being just a bit lower as it overpowing, the saw type lead coming in is a bit too much as well, try and lower it the mix more, great vibes tho!

@rikkasheamusic
Nice rhymes bro, really liking the beats on both tracks but I feel like the 1st is my favourite.
The 2nd verse on the second track is ill, great boombap feels man, digging your work.
Hit me up if you want to collab!

Heres my one, woud appreciate any listen/feedbcak!

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online