Showcase - January 17-23, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
@nonameswifi Welcome bro nice to have you here! I've read your story, and i loved the way you got your internship great fin story.(y)
That 1st drill beat you made overnight.....what a ride :p great sht really! i didn't even noticed that it was 7 min long and some great drops 2
I can't w8 to see more, Keep it up!

@2GooD Productions Bro give me some more beats man we are w8ing:sneaky:;):fire:

Meanwhile, here are my 2 new beats. Feel free to give me some feedback!
And very curious wich one you guys like most... but i have a feeling i already know:p Thanks for listening!! (trying out all different kind of genres(for now))

nonameswifi

@nonameswifi Welcome bro nice to have you here! I've read your story, and i loved the way you got your internship great fin story.(y)
That 1st drill beat you made overnight.....what a ride :p great sht really! i didn't even noticed that it was 7 min long and some great drops 2
I can't w8 to see more, Keep it up!

@2GooD Productions Bro give me some more beats man we are w8ing:sneaky:;):fire:

Meanwhile, here are my 2 new beats. Feel free to give me some feedback!
And very curious wich one you guys like most... but i have a feeling i already know:p Thanks for listening!! (trying out all different kind of genres(for now))

Hey @Nfinity beats DOPE Production I really like both of them alot!

I'm going more with "In The Clouds" I listened to it about 3 times already and Its def a vibe...

Do you have more beats online? a YouTube or Soundcloud or streaming platform link?

USER=5131]@2GooD Productions[/USER] Bro give me some more beats man we are w8ing:sneaky:;):fire:
hahahahaha, thanks man. Its a bit late in the week now but will drop something monday.
In the clouds is dope as fuck, love the snare, the progression, the variation, all round dope story teller beat. Im getting looking back on growing up vibes.

hosie

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 6
@Nfinity beats "In The Clouds" is head and shoulders above the other beat. It's actually super nice and sounds very original too. You could sell this beat or do something productive with it I'm sure.

Hey whats up! I just joined the page, Was actually recommended by @OGBama, I'm a hip-hop artist and i've released couple days back. would love to hear what you guys think about the song! All feedback appreciated!

i like this, nice flow, I like the way you ride the beat. The beat is dope too, I like that piano.

As you are new, be sure to read the rules, leave feedback for others too. Welcome to ill. You came to the right place.

@Manfreezey the grift, I like this, not sure about some of the sounds, could use a bit of reverb or other effects on them, but the way its all put together I like a lot. Nothing a good mix cant fix to be honest. Nice variation and composition, keeps interesting throughout. Dope.
Like I said to @Otaavetti , be sure to leave some feedback, otherwise you will likely be ignored.
Try to give decent feedback too, its better for engagement, gets people involved more and builds community. try to avoid one word feedback like dope, or nice. Sometimes a word is all you need, but mix it up a bit lol.

@Rah.sool This beat is such a banger, from the drums, the arrangement of the drums, the samples, the arrangement of the samples, everything about this beat is dope as fuck. When the strings and the vocal chop come in..:clap:, the filtering, man I could go on and on. This beat gives me a boner.

Last edited:

Otaavetti

heres a little something Im working on, not finished though.

@2GooD Productions Hey man! Firstly I appreciate the feedback! Very fun song to make. Confidence brooding in the song. I really like the direction your heading in with your wip. Personally not the biggest fan of the instrument in the backing, the sort of tapping. But i do really like the depth it gives, makes the beat more alive i feel, more elements. Like the sense of eerieness throughout too, gives it heaviness in a good way. Feels like a beat to have a story or heavy hitting message etc. rate it tho! Keep us in the loop, wanna see where it’s headed.

Otaavetti

@Nfinity beats yooo man i love “im the clouds” ngl beat got my head in the clouds rn haha so jovial, got this bounciness to it, almost take you on a journey! personally really really like it!

Rah.sool

Beatmaker
@Hadoq This is exceptional. You got the lo fi style down. No criticisms from me. Great job.

@jaakkopenttilae Yo this was really fun to watch. Sounds like there is some outside playing happening in the guitar playing, makes this sound really jazzy, and great job from the drummer as well. He was deep in the pocket.

@nonameswifi I usually don't enjoy drill beats, but this is really awesome. I love the way you utilized that sample. 808 slides were vey cool also.

@Manfreezey Very nice job on both of these beats man. I think you'd be good at making songs for videogames. I think sound selection is the thing that could make these beats sound more refined. But then you would probably lose the videogamey aesthetic. Very nice job

@Nfinity beats Clean mix on both of these here. everything comes through the mix.

@Otaavetti Nice job on this here brother. I feel like you have a style that could gain some traction in the mainstream.

@2GooD Productions Very clean! Mix is superb. sound selection is very nice as well, good mixture of natural and synthetic sounding instruments. Nice

Something Else 2....
Nothing here yet.
Bro, try to limit beats per showcase to 3.
There is one showcase every week, a new one starts tomorrow. I understand you are excited to have people listen to your music, but many of.us have jobs, familiies and committments and domt have time to go throuh so.many beats. Besides you have barely.left any feedback and are being selfish.

I see. Not being selfish dude. Trying drop comments everywhere when I' can. Also I see people commenting beats but don't seemed to be posted. So I find their page and try to listen. Again I'm new, didn't know there was a beat limit and also a time frame/window to comment. Again my bad. So maybe this isnt for me. Thanks for the opportunity.
its okay man, it takes a little getting used to. Only give feedback to those posting beats in the showcase, there is no need to give feedback to beats that arent in the showcase, sometimes the showcase can get a little busy. You dont have to give feedback to everybody, but some do. If you are posting a few beats for feedback its only fair that you try and match feedback with the number of beats you post. For example, post 3 beats, then give at least 3 people feedback. Otherwise you just have loads of people posting and no commenting, makes the whole point of getting feedback pointless.

You will get more out of the showcase, feedback wise and community wise just by following these guidelines, they arent rules. They just make the showcase more effective and helpful for all taking part.

Although I mention you, Im not singling you out, we have a few new members posting so Im speaking more generally, sorry to use you as an example. Its just that you posted a few beats and I wanted to reign it in, lol.

Last edited:

Otaavetti

@Hadoq This is exceptional. You got the lo fi style down. No criticisms from me. Great job.

@jaakkopenttilae Yo this was really fun to watch. Sounds like there is some outside playing happening in the guitar playing, makes this sound really jazzy, and great job from the drummer as well. He was deep in the pocket.

@nonameswifi I usually don't enjoy drill beats, but this is really awesome. I love the way you utilized that sample. 808 slides were vey cool also.

@Manfreezey Very nice job on both of these beats man. I think you'd be good at making songs for videogames. I think sound selection is the thing that could make these beats sound more refined. But then you would probably lose the videogamey aesthetic. Very nice job

@Nfinity beats Clean mix on both of these here. everything comes through the mix.

@Otaavetti Nice job on this here brother. I feel like you have a style that could gain some traction in the mainstream.

@2GooD Productions Very clean! Mix is superb. sound selection is very nice as well, good mixture of natural and synthetic sounding instruments. Nice
Thanks bro! Hopefully can match the same sort of style consistently! May use a couple beats i see on the forum too ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online