Showcase - January 18-24, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

KDVS

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 85
@Solo : Untitled 2, smooth, i like the vocal stab, and your pitching of the "choir", piano is super chill... Untitled, like the drum pattern and the chopping of the sample, maybe needs a bit mixing to get the drums and sample to play more together.

@ColeSllaw : Great mixed, really nice kick, digg the hiatus and snare work. Good arranged, mixed up really good. Liked the 1:20 part, and that piano that comes in there, nice swing..

@tomkillsjerry : exactly as you write, Heavy trap banger. Great work, those psycho synths!! sounds a bit heavy compressed tho, but this is amazing work..

@Shinobu Sensei : great sample work, drums sounds good, i like the mix. Super smooth, nice variation. Chill!

@The Monk : right away, liked that base, and than these drums come in, crazy niceness. "The Monk" suits the beat, its some samurai stuff.. Digg the originality.

@PhDBeats : Yeah, i liked the sample here a lot, that capoeira sound. A bit crazy at times, but i like it..

I made a Making of video for my beat, hope you like it:

Solo

Battle Points: 2
both of those tracks were solid, the baseline really tied everything together. Im envious.
Here's one of my last beats before i switch DAW's and get better equipment (way too excited for that). Hope you enjoy

Thanks homie. This is dope. Pretty much on point.

heavy trap banger

When that beat dropped I was like DAMN!. Nice work

I have heard all of your music. TEV I heard your stuff from Kingdrew and I told him you had me freestyling to myself.KDVS Tittern made me a listener to see what else you have up your sleeve, and I got cool with KingDrew because of way up. It was blending with the game i was playing at the moment.
(RE 5)

here lies my work

ha I appreciate that man.
VictoriaSecretAgent is really dope. I love that sample and that bass fits nicely. I'm feelin the rest of your work as well. Very soulful, i like that shit. Do you have a soundcloud?

I plan on writing to these in the near future. I dont know what positive review to say what hasnt already been said. the bass and drums were on point in my opinion and I like what you emit in sound form. The only negative comment I have to say is I need more tracks from you
I respect that. Lets work!

I really dig that second track. It has that soulful vibe with new age sounding drums. I like the repetive voice too.
Those Horns!: Nice sample. Those instruments behind the horns sound off a bit off IMO.

PhDBeats

Dr. Boom Bap
@PhDBeats bruh that shit is fire really dope work my dude.
appreciate the feed back ive been on a roll to day heres beat 3 haha

@tomkillsjerry Love that track.. Are those all Massive sounds?

@Solo : Untitled 2, smooth, i like the vocal stab, and your pitching of the "choir", piano is super chill... Untitled, like the drum pattern and the chopping of the sample, maybe needs a bit mixing to get the drums and sample to play more together.

@ColeSllaw : Great mixed, really nice kick, digg the hiatus and snare work. Good arranged, mixed up really good. Liked the 1:20 part, and that piano that comes in there, nice swing..

@tomkillsjerry : exactly as you write, Heavy trap banger. Great work, those psycho synths!! sounds a bit heavy compressed tho, but this is amazing work..

@Shinobu Sensei : great sample work, drums sounds good, i like the mix. Super smooth, nice variation. Chill!

@The Monk : right away, liked that base, and than these drums come in, crazy niceness. "The Monk" suits the beat, its some samurai stuff.. Digg the originality.

@PhDBeats : Yeah, i liked the sample here a lot, that capoeira sound. A bit crazy at times, but i like it..

I made a Making of video for my beat, hope you like it:

@KDVS That was fresh!!! Are you finding that more people are peeping your music with those beat building videos? I was thinking of heading down the same path.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheRealAGE

Alriiight. Yall know how I do. I'm giving honest feedback and typing as I listen to each track. If you didnt leave feedback you wont be getting feedback. Let the fun begin! ha

@Dnz The Mnc first beat is off beat. His flow is way faster than what your beat is. Did not mesh well. 2nd beat is pretty dope. Sample is a bit quite and the snare is too loud. Drums need better mixing overall. 3rd beat is basic. Needs more to be dynamic. Same goes for the drums.

@King Drew Xlll liking it so far. commenting as I listen. Kick needs to be punchier. Rest of the drums are not bad. But that kick needs to be HUGE. I think it would make this beat way more epic sounding. Cuz the choir is nice. I like it overall. Just could use some touch ups. Keep it up.

@KDVS Ooo. I love that bassline. Very west coast funky. This is some To Pimp A Butterfly type shit. Pretty clean sounding mix. I'm diggin this. Nothing negative to say really. Nice work. That piano melody sounds so familiar but i cant think of what it sounds like??

@Solo Interesting first beat. The mix needs to be balanced better. I like the piano. I dont really like the shaker hats. I feel like a different hat would have been nicer for this beat. I like the breaks in the beat where the choir comes in. Keeps me interested. Doesn't get stale. 2nd beat is cool. Drums need work. I think the snare is kind of weak (needs to be snappy-er). I like the pitched sample. The SUB is nice but needs a bit more upper harmonics.

@ColeSllaw This is dope. Good synth work. Good drum work. Snare might be like a tad bit (Like a really small tad bit lol) too loud. Otherwise the drums are clean. Good layering. That piano is clutch. Made the beat even better when it came in. I like that low brassy sounding synth. Dope work.

@tomkillsjerry I'm not the best judge on EDM style music so I dont know how to give the best feedback for it. The bass sounds really dope. I just dont like that style of trap so I'm biased against it. Not bad overall as far as I can hear.

@Shinobu Sensei first beat is dope. The vibe of this is sooo good. Love the trap style drums on this low pitched sample. Great stuff. No complaints. I like the samples you are choosing. First is still my favorite of the ones you posted.

@The Monk that high pitched synth hit is waaaaaay to sharp and loud. It hurts the ears. Definitely needs some EQing. Drums are strange to me. Just not a fan of this TBH. Not my style. Sounds very unorganized and unbalanced. Can't listen to more than a minute. Sorry. Not trying to be harsh but thats how i feel.

@tomkillsjerry I like your second beat better than the first. Dope vibe. Drums on point. Synth work on point. Very Big sounding beat.

@PhDBeats my head started nodding as soon as i hit play. Very funky/jazzy feel. This is straight golden era hip hop. I could freestyle to this shit all day. Ahh the horns are bit off. Idk what it is but they just dont sit quite well. I liked the beginning of the beat more before the horns came in. The groove just changes too much. The piano holds the groove much better with the drums you have.

Okay. I think that is everyone. Let me know if i missed you.

Here is my latest beat. I'd love to hear what you guys think.

Y

Yok

Here is my new beat-tape HOLY MOUNTAIN

https://yokbeatz.bandcamp.com/

hope y'all enjoy it :)

a1269674693_16.jpg

The Monk

Battle Points: 8
@TheRealAGE Hey man, yea that was a bit harsh, some constructive criticism would of been nice, but I can take it.
The mix is not 100% and the ping is too loud, something I will remedy.
I try to write original beats for original artists so breaking from the norm is not going to appeal to everybody.

I enjoyed your track it's smooth and well mixed, Some constructive criticism would be the needs something to make it stand out from all the other nas type beats out there but the production quality is there.

TheRealAGE

@TheRealAGE Hey man, yea that was a bit harsh, some constructive criticism would of been nice, but I can take it.
The mix is not 100% and the ping is too loud, something I will remedy.
I try to write original beats for original artists so breaking from the norm is not going to appeal to everybody.

I enjoyed your track it's smooth and well mixed, Some constructive criticism would be the needs something to make it stand out from all the other nas type beats out there but the production quality is there.

Appreciate your feedback.

And nothing against the originality of your beat. It just needs to be executed better. Like from a musical and engineering standpoint it needs to be better. I wasnt trying to hate on your stuff I just typed my reaction as I listened to the beat. Remember just because something is different doesn't automatically qualify as good. Keep the unique sound no doubt. That beat just needed more rhythm. The swing of the drums was too off. I just listened to it again.

The Monk

Battle Points: 8
Appreciate your feedback.

And nothing against the originality of your beat. It just needs to be executed better. Like from a musical and engineering standpoint it needs to be better. I wasnt trying to hate on your stuff I just typed my reaction as I listened to the beat. Remember just because something is different doesn't automatically qualify as good. Keep the unique sound no doubt. That beat just needed more rhythm. The swing of the drums was too off. I just listened to it again.

Cool man, I get ya, your original post just didn't sit right with me, but all is well that ends well.
Cheers for the feedback

Battle Points: 1

while I appreciate the listen and feedback as always, the good folks over at illmuzik.com can tell the diff between genuine feedback and quick half assed feedback to get your tracks reviewed lol

So here's my review of your multiple tracks " Cool!!!!!!!"

hahaha

@TheRealAGE Thanks for the quality feedback my guy, I def need to work on those kicks ASAP lol your the 2nd person to tell me the same thing about those kicks!

I already reviewed your joint but ill leave a few words here too. Dope track imo I dont have anything I can notice that needs to be changed. sounds like another AGE banger if you ask me

Here is my new beat-tape HOLY MOUNTAIN

https://yokbeatz.bandcamp.com/

hope y'all enjoy it :)

a1269674693_16.jpg

wish we could help fade out and delete the comments from new members who dont read the rules. lol I dont get it it, It's like 2 lines of rules at the top of the thread lol

Last edited by a moderator:

TheRealAGE

I didnt know what you meant at first but i see you commented on FP forum. Thanks bro!!

while I appreciate the listen and feedback as always, the good folks over at illmuzik.com can tell the diff between genuine feedback and quick half assed feedback to get your tracks reviewed lol

So here's my review of your multiple tracks " Cool!!!!!!!"

hahaha

@TheRealAGE Thanks for the quality feedback my guy, I def need to work on those kicks ASAP lol your the 2nd person to tell me the same thing about those kicks!

I already reviewed your joint but ill leave a few words here too. Dope track imo I dont have anything I can notice that needs to be changed. sounds like another AGE banger if you ask me

wish we could help fade out and delete the comments from new members who dont read the rules. lol I dont get it it, It's like 2 lines of rules at the top of the thread lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online