Showcase - January 19-25, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Chief

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Nice flip mang, Im diggin this a lot. Definitely has a nice swing to it. Drums are on point, and the sample works perfectly.

As far as where you sampled this from...I feel like Ive heard the song...is it possibly Isaac Hayes?

Nice drop sir.

N2DeepBeatz

Nice flip mang, Im diggin this a lot. Definitely has a nice swing to it. Drums are on point, and the sample works perfectly.

As far as where you sampled this from...I feel like Ive heard the song...is it possibly Isaac Hayes?

Nice drop sir.
thanks bro. i think the sample is from a group called the Moments, jus guessing from the title i gave it.

EDIT: found it. god damn that was hard. i kept looking for a song from moments, actually its from "the manhattans - just one moment away"

Last edited:

TheRealAGE

this is pretty old yea and i jus wanted to ask someone if they can ID the sample i used lol. sound stupid but man, i cant remember it cuz i made it on my old laptop and that one broke down ages ago. wanna find the sample again but i cant remember it. :p

Pretty dope flip. I personally think the kicks clash a bit. Im not a fan of the cadence they carry. I like the sample tho.

Here is something new i cooked up

Erik

Battle Points: 8
Very good, love what you did with those hihats and nice sample also. A bit more variation would not be bad though.

what do you think about my work?

There's some great space in that beat. Very echoey, I feel like that component is really working for you.

Here's a beat that I just finished up.

Battle Points: 30

this is pretty old yea and i jus wanted to ask someone if they can ID the sample i used lol. sound stupid but man, i cant remember it cuz i made it on my old laptop and that one broke down ages ago. wanna find the sample again but i cant remember it. :p

good beat man,with better mix would be a very good beat

spliffstar76

BangBang
Battle Points: 1

COOL BEAT

There's some great space in that beat. Very echoey, I feel like that component is really working for you.

Here's a beat that I just finished up.

DEEP SOUND TRACK

Last edited by a moderator:

Capital C

This beat is made by my friend JimmyC4 and me and my friend rap with him on it. MC is first, I(Capital C) rap second and do the hook, and JimmyC4 raps last

Also, this beat is made by the same guy, but it is only MC who raps first and last, and me who raps second.

So just a little about me and this group, Me and JimmyC4 went to daycare together when we were really young and when we got to like 6th grade we both left the daycare and never saw again. One day he hit me up on instagram in my senior year of high school and said he remembers me from daycare and I found his soundcloud. This man makes amazing music, he is so talented with his rapping and he can produce songs outta no where in a day with little knowledge of pro tools. When I finally got in the studio with him I would ask little questions about the software and he wouldn't know what he was doing he just knew how he liked it to sound. He makes all his beats through pro tools using a keyboard. Very cool guy.

Now the other kid MC is my long time friend from grade school. We used to skate and stuff back in the day but both of us connect so much through music and we picked up rapping and enjoy it so much. He is my best friend and always will be and I hope to be making music with him for as long as possible. Me and him are coming out with a mixtape featuring both of us on all of the songs sometime this summer.

Thanks for listening to what I have to say and all the music. Hope you all enjoyed and leave me feedback please :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online