Showcase - January 2-8, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik

Battle Points: 8
Thanks for the feedback I really appreciate it
@tumenBeats that beat had me live! good beat!!
@Popo the second beat was ok but I liked the first better.
@lloopz love the way you flipped that sample and I especially enjoyed the 808.
@NONONSENSEBEATS This was another beat that had me hyped I would like to hear an artist on that one. Nice man!!
@Dennis Tristan I love this beat and it really sounds professional and clean.
@SemiF@ded I think it just needs a few more things added to it to make it more exciting, but still good though.
@Erik serious thanks for the feedback. I love the sample you used as well as the drums. Everything sounded smooth and the arrangement was on point. I love these soulful type beats keep em coming. I tried to readjust mine let me know what you think.

Same beat readjusted

I'm going to go off of memory here because I can't listen to the old mix... but it sounds much better... at least that's how I feel. Spice up the snare a bit and I think it'll be a perfect. Something that just goes thwap... not crazy knock... but definitely something. A good, thick hand clap might work as well. Good work.

Spectrxm

Spectrxm Beats

This beat samples Duke Ellington's "A Tone Parallel to Harlem," which was first released in 1952. I recorded the original song itself off of my "Ellington Uptown" vinyl by recording it straight from my record player so I could get that nice "crackle" sound. The result ended up being this old school noir-sounding beat. Let me know what you think!

@Spectrxm I really like that Jazz beat. Did you use a bunch of tape saturation, or is the sample just like that? Maybe you could mix a key change into the beat somewhere. Maybe the drums could be mixed to have a bit more low end.

@Fade I enjoyed that Hotline Bling remix, I just thought that the scratch was a bit much. I also thought that maybe you could have filled out the track with a bit more instrumentation.

@NONONSENSEBEATS The beat was a bit too bright for me. The composition was good, but I just thought the mix was off. Maybe the vocals were a bit too delayed too or the tempo was off. I liked the vibe it was getting at though.

@Popo I liked the track, but the only thing was the drums got very repetitive after a few bars. I would say add in a few different drum patterns. I liked the high end a lot though.

@Matt-D I didn't really like the sample, but the whole track is very dope. The flutes are crazy. This would be a dope old-school Jay Z type of beat. Nice.

@lloopz This is really dope. That 808 is mixed well. I liked the sample a lot. Great mix.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spectrxm

Spectrxm Beats
@lloopz Thanks man! And nope, the sample comes straight from my record player. All I did was EQ it a bit to remove the low grumble sound out. I wanted to go for a more authentic vinyl sound so I didn't change the sample itself too much!

I checked out some of your instrumentals on your soundcloud and your stuff's dope! Very chill vibes.

Battle Points: 9

This beat samples Duke Ellington's "A Tone Parallel to Harlem," which was first released in 1952. I recorded the original song itself off of my "Ellington Uptown" vinyl by recording it straight from my record player so I could get that nice "crackle" sound. The result ended up being this old school noir-sounding beat. Let me know what you think!

Diggin on that jazzy horn for sure.

KuboBeats

Hi everyone. Brand new to this industry and just started a youtube channel. Here is my first beat. Let me know what you think and what I can improve.

lloopz

Labday!
Battle Points: 1
@lloopz Thanks man! And nope, the sample comes straight from my record player. All I did was EQ it a bit to remove the low grumble sound out. I wanted to go for a more authentic vinyl sound so I didn't change the sample itself too much!

I checked out some of your instrumentals on your soundcloud and your stuff's dope! Very chill vibes.

I really like that crispy vinyl sound man! Great sample choice anyways.
Thx for your feedback & checking my soundcloud man, appreciate it!!!

lloopz

Labday!
Battle Points: 1
@NONONSENSEBEATS This was another beat that had me hyped I would like to hear an artist on that one. Nice man!!
@SemiF@ded I think it just needs a few more things added to it to make it more exciting, but still good though.
@Erik serious thanks for the feedback. I love the sample you used as well as the drums. Everything sounded smooth and the arrangement was on point. I love these soulful type beats keep em coming. I tried to readjust mine let me know what you think.

Same beat readjusted

First version..second version...i like both of them! Kanye would´ve flipped some verses on this beat for "late registration". when it comes to the mix i would try to fatten up the kick a bit ...to give it more bounce. anyways, dope beat - good work man!

J Levy

Same beat readjusted

Dope!

jerome1334

Adlib Professional
Hey guys check out this sample track! Let me know what ya think.

Dude, I love Earth, WInd, And Fire! R.I.P. Maurice

I'm feeling it! A few suggestions, I think the samples you're using are ok but maybe a bit too repatative, you try to break it up and that's dope but typically I like 8 bar samples if those are possible, they're not always available so I understand. Also the cymbal needs to be more in the background, give the whole track a static feel. But seriously, beyond that I'd love to put something to this, maybe I will and send it to you for fun.

Now for my turn...new beat I've been messing with for a few days.

SemiF@ded

Beatmaking Student
Battle Points: 3
@Frontman Willy Nice mellow beat. It has some funkiness to it. Those main keys throughout the beat, im guessing is a sample due to the hiss, is nice but im feeling its too loud in the mix and over powering the other nice keys and drums you got going on.

@EsquireMusic111 Nice chill beat, Im definitely getting a spacey vibe from this one. Good synth work overall. Im hearing some clipping or distortion on the kicks, check your levels. That synth @2:24 is good but bring it down in the mix to blend better with the choir/pad sounds.

@J Levy Those dudes are legends right there. Nice chops on the sample. I cant tell if your sampling their drums or using your own but they should be beefed up or EQd to take over the beat.

@jerome1334 Nice chill sample man. The drums are dope but the sample is overpowering them. Add some low end and and highs by bringing the kick and snare up in the mix. That vocal is eerie and cool. I think if you adjust the mix this will be banging.

@Dennis Tristan That is a good beat right there. Nice kicks and baseline. Im thinking your highs are lacking. Bring the snares up and that should brighten it up some.

@Spectrxm Your jazzy beat is some real original sound. Good job on the mix, sounds clean. Sample chops are good too. Nicely done.
Due to your advice I switched up my snare and it made a difference. Good looking out.

Here is my final mix of my latest. Im still learning so any advice is welcome.
Nothing here yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online