Showcase - January 23-29, 2017 - Post your beats here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik

Battle Points: 8
hey guys

this is my newest tune...

This is so close to being outta this world funky. The drums could use a switch. I like them... they're good... but If you made 'em super weird with that boom bap pattern, this shit would be seriously hot. Makes me think of Madlib.

Check out this link and listen to the first drum loop.... titled "Deacap_drum_loop..." I'm not saying that those are the drums that you should use... but look for something in that lane. I think this beat stands to be off the wall dope with something more warm, muddy and exotic than in the styling of Preemo (as much as I love those kicks, snares, and hi hats).

I love the sample, I think it's dope. It's a good beat as is... but I think it can be a lot more.

Here's something that I've been working on the past few days.

Trigz Beats

@CVLT CORP.
@Dennis Tristan

Thanks for your reviews last week. I think I've listened to your advice and mixed a better beat this week.
Keen to hear what you think :)

I wasn't sure what "Type Beat" to class this, but for some reason I can imagine #tunjiige rapping with #postmalone singing "She Doesn't Know, She Doesn't Know" in the hook lol. So I figured if you merged both together you'd possibly get this sound...

HouseOfBeets

Battle Points: 2
@TheWorkingMan thats lethal homie, great golden age hiphop soul

@bazonthebeat that was str8 fire mayne, if i were spittin on it id want a not or two added to the bassline

Heres somethin i think needs some more sequencing maybe another layer, yall plz give it feedback. Thanks! Love!

arta

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 15
CVLT Corp: like the horn samples in your beat. Interesting using it in a trap beat style rather than a east coast style.

S3oulC1ty: Again loving the sample flip. Only thing that threw me off was the piano sound at 0:47 that seemed a little loud to me.

Beautiful Noise: interesting beat. I was expecting the organ sample to drop out when you bring in the "Ahhh" vocals, like a Primo beat.

Hadoq: Interesting take on jazzy beats with those two, way out of my wheelhouse but continue doing your thing.

Freshfrank: Nice mellow beat. You cut it off early so I'm wondering if there's a chorus coming up.

HouseOfBeets: I like it. A little hard to pick up on the organ on my monitors, could just be me though.

Deez Beats: They definitely bang!

I'll catch up on the others later. :)

Mixing advice needed.

TheWorkingMan

Battle Points: 1
I posted this to a different thread, but I made some major changes to the mix.
Flip:

Sample:

@S3oulC1ty - love ur flip. Chops are dope. Kick sounds real nice.
@DEEZ BEATZ - production and quality sound great
@BillytheKid - loving that jazz vibe and that vinyl crackle.
@EsquireMusic111 - production and quality also very good. All elements in the beat go real nice together
@prizewell - I love that snare. Nice chops I feel like biggie would sound good on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.