Showcase - January 25-31, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

jafar4000

Battle Points: 3
ok, I admit I enjoy struggle singing...lol... I tried my hand at some RnB this time please leave any input as I am working on the craft of songwriting for fun!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Loving this community... my brothers in beats lol!

They close the last showcase but here are some reviews

@stcbeats - (Nothing left) got that horror vibe going... sounds like 21 savage... I'm digging the hihat work on this... only thing I would add is a small switch up, like changing the pluck instrument to a new sound for a sec... my 2 cents but good work

@jafar4000 - (Drug postcode) love the textures and boom bap drums... do you have any artists you work with? the more I listen to your tracks the more I can picture it with an artist that can make it their signature sound. we need a new MF Doom! (RIP)

(Big Fish) - can hear Ghostface on something like this... grimey street record... or maybe a Griselda record would be dope

@NANI beats - very emotional track... It's dark but has a peaceful vibe to it... for some reason I think of Asap Rocky on this track... would love to hear maybe one more chorus instrument to lift where the hook would go

@kobu - I love this as soon as it dropped... this is soooo hip hop, like the stuff I feel in love with.... then Rah dropped in and blew my mind... Loving this dream cypher!

@2GooD Productions - yup that's me on the vocals of my tracks... I'm working on my flows and working with topics... please give any input you find helpful

I'm looking for MC's...

A.R. DASUPASTAR

A.R. DASUPASTAR
Battle Points: 104
This something I helped my engineer put 2gether. I rap on straight from the sewers and menaces to South Jersey

DJ Wax-Turtle

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
@XIS: Nice Trap beat and the singing sounds like something i would hear on the charts today only with a bit better mix.

@Crispifier: This is really beautiful. It gave off a nightly Asian feel to me. Real good. Hidden Power was really nice to. I like the way you mixed it with that fat lead sound.

@Chad: Nice Lo-Fi joint with Trap influences. I like it. Although parts sound off-beat.

@The Thrillz: Nice detuned melody. Mix is really good! I think the beat could use some chords for the emotion.

@2GooD Productions: Wow, really cool delayed asian guitars. Cool groove/rhythm. Kinda reminds of Timbaland. Really good mix of different types of instruments... Dope!

@Rah.sool: This is really wonderful classic 90's sound. Aretha is a nice part on it. How did you scratch those Aretha vocals??? Cool break type of drums. Superdope! My favorite

@jafar4000: Starts nice but becomes a mess evenutally. Don't overdo the off-beat thing i would say. Second beat had the same problem i think.

@A.R. DASUPASTAR: Nice track. I like that looped horn in the background. Very dark kinda eerie sounding beat. I do feel like some of the lower-parts are messing with each other under in the mix.

Last edited:

A.R. DASUPASTAR

A.R. DASUPASTAR
Battle Points: 104
Xis: Nice Trap beat and the singing sounds like something i would hear on the charts today only with a bit better mix.

Crispifier: This is really beautiful. It gave off a nightly Asian feel to me. Real good. Hidden Power was really nice to. I like the way you mixed it with that fat lead sound.

Chad: Nice Lo-Fi joint with Trap influences. I like it. Although parts sound off-beat.

The Thrillz: Nice detuned melody. Mix is really good! I think the beat could use some chords for the emotion.

2GoodProductions: Wow, really cool delayed asian guitars. Cool groove/rhythm. Kinda reminds of Timbaland. Really good mix of different types of instruments... Dope!

Rah.sool: This is really wonderful classic 90's sound. Aretha is a nice part on it. How did you scratch those Aretha vocals??? Cool break type of drums. Superdope! My favorite

jafar4000: Starts nice but becomes a mess evenutally. Don't overdo the off-beat thing i would say. Second beat had the same problem i think.

A.R. Da SupaStar: Nice track. I like that looped horn in the background. Very dark kinda eerie sounding beat. I do feel like some of the lower-parts are messing with each other under in the mix.
What should I do with the lower parts?

AlphaStudart

Battle Points: 2
ok, I admit I enjoy struggle singing...lol... I tried my hand at some RnB this time please leave any input as I am working on the craft of songwriting for fun!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Loving this community... my brothers in beats lol!

They close the last showcase but here are some reviews

@stcbeats - (Nothing left) got that horror vibe going... sounds like 21 savage... I'm digging the hihat work on this... only thing I would add is a small switch up, like changing the pluck instrument to a new sound for a sec... my 2 cents but good work

@jafar4000 - (Drug postcode) love the textures and boom bap drums... do you have any artists you work with? the more I listen to your tracks the more I can picture it with an artist that can make it their signature sound. we need a new MF Doom! (RIP)

(Big Fish) - can hear Ghostface on something like this... grimey street record... or maybe a Griselda record would be dope

@NANI beats - very emotional track... It's dark but has a peaceful vibe to it... for some reason I think of Asap Rocky on this track... would love to hear maybe one more chorus instrument to lift where the hook would go

@kobu - I love this as soon as it dropped... this is soooo hip hop, like the stuff I feel in love with.... then Rah dropped in and blew my mind... Loving this dream cypher!

@2GooD Productions - yup that's me on the vocals of my tracks... I'm working on my flows and working with topics... please give any input you find helpful

So nice felling bro. Like it a lot!!! congrats
Here's my newest beat "Relapse". Let me know what you think

woou! Can I split some rhimes on that beat? xD

--------------------------
I want to share you you, my last realese. It's not just the instrumental, but is my prodution. Hope you listen.

Rah.sool

Beatmaker
@A.R. DASUPASTAR Good stuff bro. I really like the sample usage! I feel like the horn sample might possibly be off key, but you made it work. It adds to the grimy feel of the beat. Good stuff brotha!

@AlphaStudart Awesome job brotha! I wish I spoke that language! Instrumental and sound of the rhymes are clean and professional sounding. Nice job!

@DJ Wax-Turtle Great job my man! Love this. I especially like the strings that come in at 1:45, they really close out the song nice. I think the volume leveling on the drums could maybe use a look over. Really clean sample based hip hop brother!

DJ Wax-Turtle

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
@A.R. DASUPASTAR Good stuff bro. I really like the sample usage! I feel like the horn sample might possibly be off key, but you made it work. It adds to the grimy feel of the beat. Good stuff brotha!

@AlphaStudart Awesome job brotha! I wish I spoke that language! Instrumental and sound of the rhymes are clean and professional sounding. Nice job!

@DJ Wax-Turtle Great job my man! Love this. I especially like the strings that come in at 1:45, they really close out the song nice. I think the volume leveling on the drums could maybe use a look over. Really clean sample based hip hop brother!

Thanks for checking us out man!

Yeah, the High-Passed string is indeed the best part of the beat.
Drums slightly too loud, i agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.