Showcase - January 28-February 10, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
made this weird ass beat days ago, i know this is a garbage beat, but i think there's still hope. i feel like it has a special vibe and i kinda like it, so is there any hope for this beat being a good beat or a useful one ?

This song contains samples of Mississippi Delta Blues Muddy Waters
the melody is inspired by Dear Darlin'

I posted this on the last showcase but it was the last one uploaded and it only got 1 reply, thanks to @QueDaWizard . So this is a repost

Yo yo. First beat in a minute. Pretty raw boombap. Returning all feedback.

Here are The things that i dont like in this : drums aint quantized, bad choice of drums, specially the snares.
The sample was nice though, it can be a dope beat.

K.D.R.

@ArvinArmani didn't like the beginning, it felt like rhythm of that part was a bit off, laggy. The ending was quite cool though, ambient.

@Ghost Bazz cool beat, like the vibe, only guitar sample ends very abruptly.

Here is my beat, very simple though - melody + drums:

Ways

@ArvinArmani didn't like the beginning, it felt like rhythm of that part was a bit off, laggy. The ending was quite cool though, ambient.

@Ghost Bazz cool beat, like the vibe, only guitar sample ends very abruptly.

Here is my beat, very simple though - melody + drums:

I really like the melody and the vibe, its a really nice beat.

Yo yo. First beat in a minute. Pretty raw boombap. Returning all feedback.

I like what you've got going on here, the only thing id suggest is fixing the snare or changing it, in my opinion it doesn't fit well with the beat, i like the vocals too.

Ghost Bazz

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 1
@Kakadu 45 Thanks for the feedback homie.

@ArvinArmani Thanks for the feedback.
I like ur beat. The opening sounds pretty abstract on first listen, might help to connect it to the later part of the track by adding an additional layer or processing the second time it plays through. And then I'd build out that last portion to be the main theme of the track, and layer it with the guitar as the song builds maybe. Cool vibe though.

@K.D.R. I appreciate the feedback.
I like the initial drum work, but felt it got a little heavy at the change-up. The synth gets heavy there too... maybe changing the instrumentation for that portion, and you could keep that same drum rhythm and change up the kick for that part. Think the kick is what makes it feel heavy at that part. Nice beat overall.

@PlusMinus Thanks for the feedback mane.
I listened to the first track for these comments... this is really cool though. I'll definitely vibe w this mix. I like the washy feeling, the processing with the delay and the reversed stuff layered in. Sounds great. Cool drum programming... love the groovebox style rhythm.

@Ways Thanks for the feedback.
I enjoyed your beat. Had a really haunted and whispy sound. Maybe something that was a little more up front and anchored with less delay would add some impact... not that it's necessary. I'm no expert on hard trap though. I like the bassline. Maybe there's room for a horn line on top of this... like a sampled sax or trumpet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

members online