Showcase - January 28-February 10, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
made this weird ass beat days ago, i know this is a garbage beat, but i think there's still hope. i feel like it has a special vibe and i kinda like it, so is there any hope for this beat being a good beat or a useful one ?

This song contains samples of Mississippi Delta Blues Muddy Waters
the melody is inspired by Dear Darlin'

I posted this on the last showcase but it was the last one uploaded and it only got 1 reply, thanks to @QueDaWizard . So this is a repost
very interesting beat..it should be a soundtrack

MickMain

Battle Points: 2
@Ghost Bazz
Hey man I like that sample, the concept youre going with is nice! Id work on those drums tho they sound a bit off, its not a bad thing but its not that suble with the snare and it hit quite hard so it hard to miss. Give the mixing a touch, maybe EQ that snare and add a bit of thump to the kick. The vocal is nice but I think its too bassy and loud, have it in the background maybe and roll the low frequancy so it doesnt sound that boomy. Godd work tho man!

@Kakadu 45

I like the beats man, the first one less so as it sounds a bit quiet and not mixed well. Personally I wouldnt have the kick reverbed or if I did it would be less and maybe work on the mixing abit more.
The second beat on the other hand was nice man, the sample is solid and the drums are pretty nice on that!

@ArvinArmani
I dig those strings man, like posted before I think it will work as an ill soundtrack! The dark vibe and teh drums and bass kicking in give it a good rythem, great stuff!

@K.D.R.
Its a good beat man, pretty simple and slick. I'd say work on those 808's they are a bit wild, maybe decrease the decay/release and make them sit in the beat a bit nicer. When those open hats kick in they are a bit too much, try working the velocities and balance the drum sounds.

@Ways
Bro that beat bangs, been humming to that thing while im playing it think you nailed the sound my man. The drums and melody work nicely and its got a real chill vibe to it man I dig it! Great work bro

@WIKTO-GRIZZLY
Nice beat man I like those strummy melodies bro got a nice eastern vibe to it, that vocals comes in nicely as well.
I can see you used a drum machine drum kit, not my favourite sound personally but each to their own nice work tho!

@Grape Juice
Good beat overall man, got a decent melody and good drums, could do with some more mixing expecially the drums, the kick is a bit much.

MickMain

Here's my newest one from a new EP I just dropped. Went with the good old BoomBap sound, let me know what you think!

Juneau

Hey guys

Once again I'm looking for advice, tips or just a review of your opinion on my latest track "To Infinity".

Been working hard lately and I feel some progression and improvement. Hopes high, I'm excited.

- Juneau.

@MickMain ,this beat is so smooth...great boom bap..love the vocal sample..definitely crazy about that piano sample..great work bruh...check out mine when you can...i just dropped the mixtape..but here is a track from it...
Nothing here yet.

Reddix

Hey there,

I made this beat with the intention of creating a boom bap old school hip hop beat. Think i gave it a modern spin. Would love some feedback, do you feel this or do you think something should be different? let me know!

Want me to check out your work? also let me know

https://soundcloud.com/user-482718497

Reddix

Whats good illmuzik!

I just put out my second beat tape for this showcase its 5 tracks long so bare with me but ill be returning all feedback on it.

let me know what you think

first track --> seems diverse, good melody, good drums. mixed and mastered pretty well. don't really know any tips.
second track --> good chill vibe. again, i like it. Think your out of my league haha

MickMain

Hey there,

I made this beat with the intention of creating a boom bap old school hip hop beat. Think i gave it a modern spin. Would love some feedback, do you feel this or do you think something should be different? let me know!

Want me to check out your work? also let me know

https://soundcloud.com/user-482718497

Thanks for the feedback man much appreciated!
You got a good beat there man sounds perfect for an MC to lay vocals on,
I'd say maybe try and add some layer to that main pad melody,
something to fatten it up, even like a sub bass layer to give it an umph,
Like the piano stabs kicking in as well man, pretty good work bro

Reddix

@MickMain . Really appreciate the fact that you actually listened to my track and gave some good feedback. This is something that helps me grow at producing so really thanks ;). Followed you on soundcloud so i'll check your work out from time to time

Status
Not open for further replies.